Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 yr. old waking up during the night

sara2

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:19 pm
Maybe someone can help. My 3-1/2 year old wakes up EVERY night and comes into my bed. I've tried everything and nothing seems to help. Noone is sleeping and we're all walking around like zombies. Any ideas?

momof2and2

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:24 pm
First off, don't let her come into your bed. That is just reinforcing the behavior. Second, explain to her that during the night is time for sleeping and we must stay in our beds.
We will just say shema with our daughter/sons and that is that. BH I have to say, I established EARLY: 1. NO getting out of your bed (except for the bathroom, they can call me and I will come to THEM), 2. NO coming in Mommy and Daddy's room.
Good luck.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Feb 28 2008, 12:40 pm
We lock our door at night and our 3+ year old gets the message, loud and clear. Now and then we hear a rattle on the handle but those nights are few and far between.
Of course, locking the door came AFTER too many times of finding him in bed with us (always my side) and either being too lazy to haul him back to his own bed or actually getting up (cold feet on bare floor) and putting him back, which was not always successful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers