Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Reflux in babies

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 04 2020, 12:04 am
My baby is crying non stop for days in a row . Took him to doctor, everything seems fine just they medicated him for reflux. I never had children with this issue before. Can anyone explain what the symptoms is and how I can know fshur that this is his problem? It definitely looks like something is bothering him just I wish I can find out what . He does not vomit a lot so not sure if it can or cannot be reflux. Is anyone familiar with this and can tell me how I'd know and does it make baby's cry all day long ???

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 12:41 pm
Google silent reflux. It can definitely make your baby miserable.

The only way I knew for sure that that was the problem is when the medication worked. It was like magic.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 2:38 pm
He might be allergic to dairy. Go off it for two weeks and see what happens.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Google silent reflux. It can definitely make your baby miserable.

The only way I knew for sure that that was the problem is when the medication worked. It was like magic.

A bit off topic but how on earth did you get your baby to take the medication? My 3 month old is on reflux medicine for a month but it's a huge struggle the twice a day that I give it to her. She screams and gags and sometimes retches without vomiting. I tasted it and I surely don't blame her, that stuff is inedible.
I stopped now for a few days because I just couldn't torture her. I can't decide if I see a difference or not. She's been incredibly cranky today but I don't know if it's just a one off day or if it's because she isn't taking her medicine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics