Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mikvah Tahara - New Hampshire

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:01 am
I just moved to the area and have to go to Mikvah. Im curious to know what the procedure is these days, is everything back to normal?
When I make an appointment on the phone is it for a shower or do I have to shower at home?
Do I need to bring my own towel?
What is the fee and do they accept debit / credit card?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:07 am
Everything normal. $20, check or cash.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 1:52 pm
It's a nice mikvah and I've had positive experiences there.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:01 pm
When you call the automated system to make an appointment pay attention to 'phase 1' and 'phase 2' options. It's the same building but two different entrances. I am new as well and mistakenly went to the wrong entrance and my appointment wasn't registered at that entrance (they did let me in though.)

It is a nice mikvah and overall positive experience but small things were a bit different then what I'm used to. For instance the beracha isn't on the wall of the mikvah here. They also seem a bit more stringent then what I'm used to. I have been going to the mikvah for quite a few years now and I was never told before to make sure my legs were further apart. I was also told after my first dunk that I should try to go down lower. Was never told either of these things before.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:23 pm
Welcome to the neighborhood, OP. I'm sorry your first experienced wasn't the best. I've only been there a few times, but I have never encountered that or anything similar. Maybe it's the ML? Did anyone else ever have a similar experience?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Welcome to the neighborhood, OP. I'm sorry your first experienced wasn't the best. I've only been there a few times, but I have never encountered that or anything similar. Maybe it's the ML? Did anyone else ever have a similar experience?

It wasn't op who posted that. I went last week and had the best experience, mikvah lady was so kind and gave me privacy. When I asked her about a tiny scab etc she said "Hashem knows you did your best! Refuah sheleimah!"

I wish they'd put the bracha there but I think they hold not to have a pasuk in an area of ervah (I think that's why). In my old town they had a sign. But I try to remember the words of the brocha and I asked the mikvah lady for help (I get very pressured so I forget even though it's a simple brocha)

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Wrong thread?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 2:30 pm
I still felt like I had a positive experience, and they were very nice. Just wanted to point out the differences and that it might be different than what you expect. I would also appreciate the beracha on the wall even though I do know it by heart but I feel exactly like the poster above.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries