Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please help me understand what happened.
1  2  3  Next

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:30 pm
Experienced mommies: I need your help.

My son was feeling just fine acting like his normal self! He had normal wet and dirty diapers and I didn’t notice anything off today.

All of a sudden while I was paying for the stuff I got, he threw up a lot of liquidy stuff.

I quickly sat him up (he was in a lying position in the stroller and I didn’t want him to choke, chas veshalom) and wiped him up the best I could before I got the stuff from the cashier.

I went home without completing the shabbos shopping and started to run the bath (gotta leave room for the unexpected, guess we can’t really plan out the day).

I peeled off his vomit soaked clothing and dumped all that in the wash and gave my son a bath. It took a couple of head rinses to get rid of the chunky stuff.

Then after I settled my son in the crib I had to take the footmuff and the seat liner off the stroller because that had throw up on it too. Sad
I noticed that the onesie was SOAKED with sweat!! I don’t know what happened and I am scared to give him something in case he throws up again.

Did this ever happened to you?? Is this normal? To feel normal one second and sick the next??

Please be nice. Sad

Now he’s acting totally normal, just cranky, because he’s tired. Should I keep him up and keep an eye on him?

No fever or anything. Just slightly pale.

QueensMama

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:36 pm
Not sure how old he is but he might've eaten something bad. You can give him pedialyte and dry crackers (age permitting) if he still seems nauseas.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:38 pm
He’s 16 months! For sure I’ll try that.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:41 pm
He probably ate something bad that caused him to become nauseous. Just keep him hydrated and keep an eye on him.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:43 pm
No reason to keep him up.. and if you feed him and he throws up again, that’s ok too, nothing to be afraid of.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:45 pm
Oh wow. I don’t know what...I gave him some of the food I made today earlier. :/ but yeah. I’ll give him plain stuff

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:45 pm
That happened to my kids a couple times. Was very random and very weird. No need to panic just keep hydrated.
About him being sweaty, we underestimate how warm the foot muffs are, keep an eye on him in general to make sure he doesn't overheat. Today in Brooklyn was nice weather so could be it was stuffy down there

avrahamama

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 8:51 pm
Maybe he was too hot. Between footmuff and winter clothes and jacket. And then being inside a store.

Angel

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:10 pm
If you live in Boro Park, I know there is a stomach virus going around now.

happinessseeker

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:54 pm
I found those footmuffs and carriage liners are unbelievably hot. My baby was always sweating last year - at first I kept it unzipped and then took it off completely. The stomach thing could be unrelated. There’s definitely a stomach bug going around now. Feel good!

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:02 pm
Yes, there is a stomach bug going around. My son (16 months) also threw up a few times this week randomly. No rhyme or reason.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:02 pm
Many people get pale and sweaty right before they throw up. Sometimes it can be a sign of dehydration. Sometimes it can be a stomach virus. Refuah Shelaima!

mom2mysouls

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:05 pm
If its not a stomach virus, watch out for dehydration...I would suspect that first

Frumme

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 11:38 pm
Was your DS sick recently? I feel like I remember you posting about him getting sick over a shabbos not too long ago....

Sometimes a child suddenly vomiting is the result of a previous virus finally leaving the system. This can happen weeks after the child's symptoms go away. Symptoms are a result of the immune system reacting to a virus, so the symptoms going away doesn't necessarily mean the virus has completely left the body yet.

I remember once, my first caught Coxsackie's at daycare. After being sick for a few days, she was fine. Suddenly, three weeks later, we were in the kitchen and she literally projectile vomited. Out her mouth, out her nose... Poor thing couldn't keep anything down. There were no other symptoms and it went away after a day or two, so the doc chalked it up to the virus finally leaving her system.

Anyway, if there are no other symptoms, just make sure he keeps hydrated. If it lasts more than a day, call your doctor.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 1:19 am
I’m back all. He threw up again at 7 (some rice we gave him) then last time around 11:30 pm (clear liquidy stuff).

I’m thinking it’s dehydration and tomorrow morning first thing I’m gonna do is run to the nearest grocery and get bananas pedialyte and crackers

He’s still pale and “off”. Now he’s sleeping.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 1:20 am
Angel wrote:
If you live in Boro Park, I know there is a stomach virus going around now.

Yes we do! Those are the symptoms of a tummy bug??

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 3:23 am
HnF this exactly was my child’s first flu symptoms last week.
Influenza can have gastro symptoms in kids. We asked for a flu swab & doc was actually shocked it was positive lol.
Refuah sheleima

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 3:32 am
Wow!! Should I take him to the doctor, just in case? I keep checking up on him like every 15 min or so

little neshamala

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 7:35 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yes we do! Those are the symptoms of a tummy bug??

Oy poor little bubba. Yes, a stomach virus can present in a variety of ways, either coming up (vomitting) or out through diarrhea. Or both. It can be over in as little as 24 hours, or can last a couple of days...you want to keep him hydrated. The problem is too much at once will likely make him vomit. With my kids I usually need to give them literally half an ounce to 1 oz every 45 min or so because more than that would make them vomit...
Just keep an eye on him.
You would want to bring him in if he looks actually dehydrated (signs would include no tears when he cries, less wet diapers than usual) or just if he looks alarmingly listless/weak.
Refuah shelayma!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Dec 25 2020, 9:41 am
My toddler didn't have an appetite ystrdy and I suspected he's coming down with something. Later in the evening he started being cranky, and as I picked him up I felt his body be extremely warm. Upon checking with a thermometer, sure enough he had 100.4 fever. I wanted to give him Motrin, husband holding him and his hands-he refused to take. 1st sip from syringe, he gagged and threw up ALL over the place. His shoes, couch kids coat, hubs shirt and pants. Ugh but poor child!!! I took him for a bath while husband cleaned up the vomit. After bath I was able to get him in Motrin bh.

During night he was up few times. Once, when his body was hot again I checked fever and it was 102. I gave again Motrin. Now he's up with 99 fever, acting much more normal.

Normally I don't run to the Dr right away, I wait a day to see if it's just passes. But now that it's Friday I'm not so comfortable going like this in to shabbos, thinking yes to go to Dr.. I'll see soon when my husband comes home.

Hope your baby feels better very soon.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics