Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How often do you buy new undergarments, and where?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:12 am
Are you supposed to hand wash bras or put in machine on gentle cycle? Is it horrible for them to be washed in the machine?

Also for people who are talking about alterations- just curious what do you get altered on a bra?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:13 am
I just got a new one today and it costed $75 a d I still have to convert it to a nursing bra! I literally just got one 6 months ago and she said it was stretched an worn out. There must be something I can do to stretch its life. Maybe I'm washing it wrong? I do cold water in the machine and hang dry. I get the Chantelle minimizer brand and I'm 34H!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:33 am
lucky14 wrote:
Are you supposed to hand wash bras or put in machine on gentle cycle? Is it horrible for them to be washed in the machine?

Also for people who are talking about alterations- just curious what do you get altered on a bra?

Altered, make a good company bra into a nursing one.

Mend, I like the shape of Wacoal but it doesn't minimize my breasts so well so I have them bring it together a bit and sew down, in the center front.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:40 am
I don’t spend nearly that much. That lady was trying to make money that’s her job.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:10 am
Where do people go in flatbush for their bras? Jewish stores please.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:24 am
The last time I found a bra I liked, I bought every one the store had in stock. (I think I bought 9 in total.) That's because I am convinced that the second I find one that fits comfortably, a secret message goes out to the manufacturer to stop making that model. I don't shop often, but I do shop well.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:29 am
I stick to Saposh 2

They have the best fitters

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:32 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I stick to Saposh 2

They have the best fitters

Are they better than Myself Lingerie?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:34 am
Do these stores sell some exclusive line of bras?

Why can't you just get expert fitting and buy one bra.

And once you have the brand and model number, buy the same bras for cheaper online?

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:43 am
Bb , you crack me up LOL

A bra isnt a hand bag or a bracelet
I need the personal fitting and service for it
Maybe because Im a triple D

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:54 am
Last time I bought I asked the lady how often one needs to buy new ones (this was my frustration after getting new ones for the wedding, bigger for pregnancy, and more for nursing, in one year bh)
No matter how much I tried getting a straight answer from her, what she said was- YOU know when you need one!

meme6

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:16 am
For those asking about washing them they sell bra bags where you put the bra in so it keeps the shape. Then you wash it in the washing machine.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:18 am
tweety1 wrote:
I buy mine locally. They told me they need to be replaced every 6 months. Think I listen? Think again. Lol.

I was told the life of one bra if you wear it every day is six months. If you buy 4 bras and rotate you buy every 2 years.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:44 am
For those who liked the Dominique bras, which one do u like?
Do they make minimizers?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:57 am
I go to Soma and spend around $35/bra. They are expert fitters for my hard to fit size. They also have many odd sizes (I am an odd size) available on-line, so when they fit me, I then order from their site. They stay good for a long time, so I replace around every 1.5 years or so. I get 4 at a time.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
For those who liked the Dominique bras, which one do u like?
Do they make minimizers?

I wear the dominique I think it's called comfort seamless minimizing underwire bra.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:00 am
Btw, it's very easy to convert a bra to a nursing bra by yourself.

sari00

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:14 am
Saposh

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:15 am
I get the va bien bras ans oay about 30-40 a piece. It actually costs more than my local Jewish store. Replace about once in 1.5 years and get 3 at a time

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:19 am
I'm embarrassed to answer the question... I still wear a few bras I bought before I got married, and I've been married for over 10 years Hiding.

To my defense: I'm small chested and don't really need the support. And I did get some new ones over the years (usually when I'm pregnant / nursing, I need a bigger size or nursing bras. I just kept the old ones too...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics