Home

Frum community in Texas (houston)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 6:24 pm
Hi! Can anyone give me any info about the frum community there, what the crowd is like, house pricing, the school's, job opportunities...thanks in advance!!

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:29 pm
There was just a great article on the frum community in Houston in last week's Mishpacha magazine. Maybe you can find it online or find someone who still has the issue for you to read.

amother

Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:09 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=20

This thread is a few years old but still has lots of good info. Since then probably another 50 families have moved into the community. It is very, very hard to find housing.
I was another mint in the above thread. Let me know if you have any other questions

amother

cornflower

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:22 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=314090&start=20

This thread is a few years old but still has lots of good info. Since then probably another 50 families have moved into the community. It is very, very hard to find housing.
I was another mint in the above thread. Let me know if you have any other questions

Not OP, but how would you compare the frum community in Houston to that in Dallas in terms of schooling, religious level, socioeconomic, cost of living, other pros and cons of each?

And as far as housing, are there any plans to build more housing and/or expand the community's borders, or is that not really possible because I've heard that the area around it isn't such a nice neighborhood? If someone has money and can afford a nicer house, are those easier to come by?

amother

Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:36 pm
I don't know much about Dallas, sorry can't answer that.

As far as housing, yes there is a new development going up within the neighborhood but it is very slow. They will only build a certain amount of houses at once. The first two phases are mostly completed so they need enough buyers before beginning phase 3.
I think the new homes start at about 600k.
Here is the website
http://www.dh-northfield.com/

Last I heard the next set of houses they are projecting to be ready in 2 years from now (but that's not a first hand account)

amother

Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:53 pm
Quote:
If someone has money and can afford a nicer house, are those easier to come by?

To answer this separately, its not so much about money. If you have one house for sale and 10 people looking to buy, sure you can outbid them, but you'll also probably pay way more than the 50 yr old house is worth
But if you have money and can wait you can build in the new development I mentioned above. There are a few families that have moved into small rentals while they're waiting to build (but even rentals are hard to find right now)
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating