Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please, please do your due research
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 9:59 pm
Mollie wrote:
70 million people in the world got the vaccine so far. You are going to cherry pick a handful of people who got sick or even died? Even if it’s true it’s less then one millionth of a chance.

Unfortunately most of these conspiracy theories and fear mongering comes from a handful of people who forward messages on social media. It does a great job of frightening the people with anxiety and paranoia.

Norway has reported a death rate of 1 per 1,000. They only vaccinated people 75 and older.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
There are 153,000 new cases a day, almost all people who have been infected for the first time. And you're surprised that some of those people had the first vaccine? If you understand statistics there's nothing surprising about it at all.

I know 3 people in the past week who have been out and about since March, never got COVID, and then got the vaccine and had COVID 3 days later. I don’t think it’s as random as you think.

amother
Seashell

If you're going to wonder about every person in their mid eighties who dies within a few weeks of getting a vaccine, you're going to have to allocate plenty of time for wondering. About 15,000 per 100,000 men age 85 and up will die in the US every year.

Well...this is kind of exactly the same stats as mortality for covid itself.

HealthCoach

I don’t think it’s a handful of people. It just seems that way because it’s very hard to get info with all the censoring. You pretty much have to know where to go for the info. A simple search won’t do. I read that 50pct of workers in nursing homes are refusing the vaccine. I can believe it. I personally know 4.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Worth noting the vaccine is not FDA approved.

Regular FDA approval would be way too lengthy. It has EUA since we're in a state of emergency. The EUA will be revoked if they determine that it's no longer consider safe. They're following the data extremely carefully. Once the public health emergency is over they will need regular FDA approval to keep it in use.

You're welcome!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:06 pm
BTW anything given to millions of people will have side effects including severe. it's a risk assessment. Same if you give 1 million people medicine etc.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:12 pm
Regular FDA approval would be way too lengthy. It has EUA since we're in a state of emergency. The EUA will be revoked if they determine that it's no longer consider safe. They're following the data extremely carefully. Once the public health emergency is over they will need regular FDA approval to keep it in use.

You're welcome!

Yes, this is exactly the point. It is too soon for the fda to be able to guarantee the vaccines safety.

HealthCoach

HealthCoach wrote:
If you thought that any country in the world is at the stage of having the vaccine affect the number of cases, you dont seem to understand the timeline of how the vaccine works in a given population.

Time will tell how it works. Even if the vaccine works exactly as stated, Fauci said they need an 80pct vaccination rate, but they didn’t convince 80pct of the people.[/quote]

amother
Cerulean

amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
BTW anything given to millions of people will have side effects including severe. it's a risk assessment. Same if you give 1 million people medicine etc.

Or if you give 1 million people a glass of milk.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:14 pm
HealthCoach wrote:
Code:
If you thought that any country in the world is at the stage of having the vaccine affect the number of cases, you dont seem to understand the timeline of how the vaccine works in a given population.

Time will tell how it works. Even if the vaccine works exactly as stated, Fauci said they need an 80pct vaccination rate, but they didn’t convince 80pct of the people.

Of course time will tell. You just don't seem to realize that and you're drawing conclusions now.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:16 pm
Many people seem to be getting covid shortly after vaccination.

The possibility that the vaccine makes some people more susceptible, has not been ruled out.

Btw this is the wrong question to ask. The responsibility is on the drug maker to ensure the vaccine is safe. Not on the public to ensure that there's no evidence it isn't safe.

Also, if you read the clinical trial, you'll see that any cases of covid infections within 7 days of receiving the vaccine or placebo were disregarded from the study.

I would love to know how many study participants tested positive for covid within 7 days of receiving their shot, and also whether those people were in the vaccine group or the placebo group. Too bad that wasn't included.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:19 pm
Or if you give 1 million people a glass of milk.

So we will see a concerted effort to disregard side effects or even deaths as being unrelated or coincidental to the vaccine. So much for the FDA carefully studying reactions (I hope I'm wrong)

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

This is why medications have a lengthy period of study before they are brought to market.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:22 pm
So we will see a concerted effort to disregard side effects or even deaths as being unrelated or coincidental to the vaccine. So much for the FDA carefully studying reactions (I hope I'm wrong)

No, they will be considered side effects if they are. It's just extremely unlikely to happen so people need to do their own risk benefit analysis

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:23 pm
This is why medications have a lengthy period of study before they are brought to market.

And this is why the vaccine underwent the same trials that all vaccines undergo. Side effects happen within a short period.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:25 pm

No, they are investigating all reports. The same way not everyone can safely drink a glass of milk or take an aspirin, not everyone can safely get this vaccine.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:26 pm
And this is why the vaccine underwent the same trials that all vaccines undergo. Side effects happen within a short period.

No it isn't the same. That's why it's only given out under eu and not actual fda approval.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:26 pm
Also, if you read the clinical trial, you'll see that any cases of covid infections within 7 days of receiving the vaccine or placebo were disregarded from the study.

I would love to know how many study participants tested positive for covid within 7 days of receiving their shot, and also whether those people were in the vaccine group or the placebo group. Too bad that wasn't included.

Please explain in scientific terms how the vaccine could cause covid.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:27 pm
Anyone who says under 70 is not at risk cannot be trusted. I may not be dead, but I have been seriously harmed.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 10:28 pm
No it isn't the same. That's why it's only given out under eu and not actual fda approval.

The trials were exactly as conducted for any other vaccine. The analysis by the FDA was done according to EU standards and not regular standards. This applies for all the covid treatments being used as well. Isn't that what everyone wanted?
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics