Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Zelenko protocol same for kids? And other 101 please
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:32 pm
I had this whole topic completely blocked on imamother from the very beginning because it was really important to my mental health...

Now my DD (10 years old) caught covid (classmate) and the rest of us are being tested.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on what we are supposed to do now?!

A friend sent me a list of Dr. Zelenko's recommendations, does anyone know how to adjust the amounts for a child? I am assuming they should not be consuming the same amount of zinc as an adult and I have no idea what querceten even is. And should I consider her high risk if she has had occasional bouts of asthma in the past but hasn't in years?

Feeling lost and worried, please keep this thread gentle and helpful.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:38 pm
What about monoclonal antibodies?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
What about monoclonal antibodies?

What about them? Talk to me please! I want to know everything. I'm sorry if it's all been said before but really I was emotionally incapable of facing this before I absolutely had to. Try not to judge Sad

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about them? Talk to me please! I want to know everything. I'm sorry if it's all been said before but really I was emotionally incapable of facing this before I absolutely had to. Try not to judge Sad

I don't really know but I heard some people can get them? The best thing to do is be in touch with your pediatrician ASAP. I think you can only get it through a dr. If you have a good pediatrician, ask them what they recommend.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:51 pm
I've never heard of someone low risk getting monoclonal antibodies.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

OK I really don't know. I just heard about someone getting them.

Raindropsonrose

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:55 pm
Please, please don’t do anything without consulting a pediatrician.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 4:59 pm
Quercetin is a vitamin, you can get it in a health food store. I think Evergreen in Monsey sells it too. Don't know about other supermarkets.

If you want to DIY, maybe google safe daily dose of zinc for a child.

amother
Red

amother [ OP ] wrote:

You don't need to apologize and we have nothing to judge you for. Now your child is sick and you need to take care of her. The best thing you can do is call your pediatrician and get his recommendations. There have been a lot of studies done since last March and April when this started. Doctors know a lot more and are using different treatments. You want to help your child fight the virus in the best way possible. Don't use any protocol you read about on the internet. Call a doctor and get whatever he suggests at your local pharmacy. Most doctors are using specific vitamins, some are also adding different medications. It's never safe to self medicate but with a child it can be down right dangerous even if it's just vitamins in the wrong dosage.

amother
Fuchsia

amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Also BTW she did mention dc has asthma

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:01 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Quercetin is a vitamin, you can get it in a health food store. I think Evergreen in Monsey sells it too. Don't know about other supermarkets.

If you want to DIY, maybe google safe daily dose of zinc for a child.

OP, get a real doctor to treat your child. Doctor google is not a qualified pediatrician. Please keep your child safe.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:03 pm
Call your child's doctor. If you don't have a pediatrician you can trust for this (to be proactive and treat early) then call Refuah Helpline in Monroe. They are very well versed in the protocols and which providers can help) in the tristate area.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:23 pm
I think it would make sense to think of your child as possibly higher risk but not high risk if that makes sense.

My sons allergist (he has asthma) said that kids with well controlled asthma typically do well. (She said this to me in August)

So I don’t think you should worry - but I do think any time you speak to her pediatrician, you should mention “just to remind you she has asthma” so it’s at the front of your doctors mind.

Find out if you should be proactive about asthma medicines even starting today - maybe they’ll put her on a maintenance medication just to keep things calm? My sons allergist has him on a higher dose of his maintenance medication because of the pandemic

I hope she does well. IyH she will!
And yes, protecting your mental health is super important- good for you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Call your child's doctor. If you don't have a pediatrician you can trust for this (to be proactive and treat early) then call Refuah Helpline in Monroe. They are very well versed in the protocols and which providers can help) in the tristate area.

THanks, that's very helpful. I do trust my pediatrician in general but I sense there is a lot of confusion over covid still and doctors aren't all on the cutting edge.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:30 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I think it would make sense to think of your child as possibly higher risk but not high risk if that makes sense.

My sons allergist (he has asthma) said that kids with well controlled asthma typically do well. (She said this to me in August)

So I don’t think you should worry - but I do think any time you speak to her pediatrician, you should mention “just to remind you she has asthma” so it’s at the front of your doctors mind.

Find out if you should be proactive about asthma medicines even starting today - maybe they’ll put her on a maintenance medication just to keep things calm? My sons allergist has him on a higher dose of his maintenance medication because of the pandemic

I hope she does well. IyH she will!
And yes, protecting your mental health is super important- good for you!

That makes sense, she hasn't been on maintenance meds anymore because it has been a while since she needed them B"H but maybe we should get her back on proactively. Will ask doc.

Meanwhile my next issue is that the rest of the family is supposed to get tested, but I don't know how to get to a testing place! All the car services understandably won't take you if you've had a known exposure to covid. We're certainly not going to spread our germs on public transit, and there isn't even public transit that goes near our doctor's office. The urgent care has 2-hour waits, outdoors, and it's freezing. I mamish don't know what to do Crying

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That makes sense, she hasn't been on maintenance meds anymore because it has been a while since she needed them B"H but maybe we should get her back on proactively. Will ask doc.

Meanwhile my next issue is that the rest of the family is supposed to get tested, but I don't know how to get to a testing place! All the car services understandably won't take you if you've had a known exposure to covid. We're certainly not going to spread our germs on public transit, and there isn't even public transit that goes near our doctor's office. The urgent care has 2-hour waits, outdoors, and it's freezing. I mamish don't know what to do Crying

Where are you located?
There are services that comes down to your house to test you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Where are you located?
There are services that comes down to your house to test you

Manhattan. Can easily drive to Brooklyn or Queens but will not be able to park anywhere due to snow. I found one service that comes to the house and charges $200 per person out of pocket. Know any others?!

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 6:08 pm
Olive leaf extract is a potent antiviral and has lung protecting properties. Glutathione and NAC are excellent for taking down inflammation in the lungs.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Manhattan. Can easily drive to Brooklyn or Queens but will not be able to park anywhere due to snow. I found one service that comes to the house and charges $200 per person out of pocket. Know any others?!

Call your doctor she should be able to guide you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 6:25 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Call your doctor she should be able to guide you.

No they won't. They'll gladly make us an appointment but they can't find us a parking spot in a snowstorm or a driver who wants covid. Why do people on imamother think doctors are gods?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics