Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How exhausted are you after giving birth?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

honey36

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 10:43 am
I feel so much better after giving birth! Besides for then pain once when I got stitches, but I'm always way more exhausted during pregnancy than I am pp. I take 1-2 days to recover from the labor, but then basically back to normal. My babies sleep relatively well though.

greengrapes

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:03 am
I'm so Charlie hoarse from pushing I can't move without being in pain first few days. I need to crawl in and out of bed

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:07 am
I have a hard time dealing with pregnancy so giving birth is always a relief. But the after birth cramps are intense. Very very intense. I need a week before I can do anything for anyone else. And I always feel tender for at least 3 months after. We may not always notice the toll it's taken in our bodies. It's not just about energy level or pain. There's just a certain tenderness that takes a while to restore.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:13 am
I usually feel okay pretty quick and quite functional within the house after a few weeks but if I act like nothing happened and push myself too hard (make a big Shabbos and spend hours standing and cooking, walking or shlepping a little too much) I start spotting all over again and feel more pelvic pressure, even at 5 or 6 (or more) weeks post partum.
And this is after normal births...
And I never thought I was abnormal

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:14 am
I'm fine PP.
When I go back to work at 6 weeks everything falls apart. No it's not an option to take a longer maternity leave.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 11:22 am
I have very hard pregnancies (hyperemesis gravidarum). My births have run the gamut, from unplanned emergency c-sections, preemies that had long NICU stays, a surprise birth in the car on the way to the hospital, and a couple of nice empowering unmedicated full term births. I don't in any way feel back to myself soon after birth. It takes about 3 months before I start to feel back to myself. I'm so happy for those of you that b"H have things go smoothly. Iy"H all of us should be zoche to easy, uncomplicated pregnancies and births, and healthy, easy children!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 5:01 pm
I think you all are talkin about alien's ... After my first took me 8 weeks to get back physically, and 15months emotionally. After my second forget it5 years. By my third birth I got more cleverer. I took a nigh nurse for months and had a cleaning lady 5 hours a day. I got basically back to myself physically after 5 weeks emotionally after 6 months. And that's with mayor help.... Hiding

Maybe I'm the odd one out??

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 5:14 pm
I have relatively easy pregnancies. I have minimal/ no nasuea, and I usually feel good and have energy.

After birth is a diff story. I am completely knocked out for a few months. I can barely do any housework.

My sis is the opposite....very difficult pregnancies, but three days after giving birth she is up and about

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:29 pm
I would say I feel like myself around 10-12 weeks. Each birth is different depending on what else is happening

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:45 pm
clowny wrote:
Nopes. You misunderstood. I’m not wondering at all. I know that some manage better than others and what means managing to one may not mean managing to another. This thread isn’t about managing.

I’m rather wondering and having a very hard time believing that some women are feeling perfectly normal the next day. And therefore I’m trying to clarify and understand what perfectly normal means.

Obviously everyone’s normal is different, some have a lot of cleaning help always and some have none. But I would hope most dhs are pitching in more right after the baby is born even if the mother feels good.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 8:01 pm
Omg felt like run over by a truck for at least 2 months and after deep exhaustion for can't even say how long, long time. Some of u are incredibly lucky may ur mazal always be that good in every way

number

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 8:04 pm
6 months Smile

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 8:10 pm
I did not say I feel well, amazing and full of energy. I said back to my normal self which is always exhausted and overwhelmed and pushing myself to do daily routine after sleepless nights. Most people including myself who have horrid pregnancies are just happy not to be pregnant anymore and finally feel an bit more human and functional after birth. But tx for all the Brachos that life should always be amazing and perfect Amen and same to you!!

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I think you all are talkin about alien's ... After my first took me 8 weeks to get back physically, and 15months emotionally. After my second forget it5 years. By my third birth I got more cleverer. I took a nigh nurse for months and had a cleaning lady 5 hours a day. I got basically back to myself physically after 5 weeks emotionally after 6 months. And that's with mayor help.... Hiding

Maybe I'm the odd one out??

Same story. My 3rd is 4.5 months and I'll still hormonal, sometimes deeply depressed, sometimes fine, I find that I'm not managing house work well, and I just started making suppers again. I'm finding work very difficult and I'm exhausted. We don't have help because of COVID. I have no family that would or could help and my in laws prefer to think that I'm some sort of super woman and can just manage everything. And here we are, I'm sitting here mildly depressed thinking I should sleep to function better at work tomorrow while I'm looking at a mess that needs my attention Smile

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:41 pm
the next day bh
I went straight from the hospital to the grocery store
then home to make pesach my son was born 4 days before pesach

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:43 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
the next day bh
I went straight from the hospital to the grocery store
then home to make pesach my son was born 4 days before pesach

lol is this an Adar joke?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:50 pm
Quote:
lol is this an Adar joke?

nope it's the truth

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:57 pm
I am exhausted after birth, from the strain of birth, for about 24 hours. Then I am exhausted from all the physical changes and being up at night with the baby, for about 3 months.

I don't really have the option of taking it easy so I do my best to keep on keeping on, despite the exhaustion. But I increase my hours of household help. I'm not the bounce-back-right-away type, nor would I want to be. I want to allow my body the time it needs to do its thing. I'm not interested in the Supermom award.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 10:10 pm
It takes until however long it takes for the baby to sleep through the night. I have easy pregnancies and births, so that's not what kills me. It's the actual baby that does me in. I just can't handle the sleep deprivation. Until we're past that, I'm not well or functional at all.

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 10:23 pm
I have much more energy after birth than pregnant but a lot of it is adrenaline that fades after a few weeks
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics