Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does this not freak you all out?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:04 am
Also I just want to add about the bracelets, as of now I'm pretty sure they have not been approved for implementation. I still support the idea, in theory, but for the sake of accuracy I thought I should point that out.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:07 am
I had scary symptoms when I had covid.
BH I was able to get treatments that helped me tremendously. The ones that "dont work".
Let me tell you a "conspiracy theory"
We live in the olam hasheker
The truth is hidden
On Rosh Hashana we say-ki saaver memsheles zadon min haaretz.
There is a memsheles zadon on this earth. We are still waiting for it to be removed.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:07 am
DrMom wrote:
Unfortunately, many travelers do not quarantine properly, or at all. It is getting difficult to enforce, and this is a scalable way to do it.

I actually have a doubt about the bracelet, if it ever happens. I don't think it will be effective enough. Sure it would stop people from actually leaving their homes, but nothing will stop them from interacting with household members or visitors, who will then leave the home carrying the new variant.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:15 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I had scary symptoms when I had covid.
BH I was able to get treatments that helped me tremendously. The ones that "dont work".
Let me tell you a "conspiracy theory"
We live in the olam hasheker
The truth is hidden
On Rosh Hashana we say-ki saaver memsheles zadon min haaretz.
There is a memsheles zadon on this earth. We are still waiting for it to be removed.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Israel treats many corona patients and actually had a very good track record for healing them.

That doesn't negate the fact that it is better for the patients and for the healthcare system if the disease can be prevented.

moonstone

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Covid is real! But not as dangerous as the fear mongering media makes it out to be!

I am so sick and tired of reading nonsense like this. Why are people so stupid?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am all for quarantine, I thjnk a bracelet is pushing it. I quarantined this winter after traveling and they checked up on me if I was home, which is fair enough. To put bracelet on someones ankle is very off and prison style.
I am not anti the vaccine , just there isnt enough data for me to take it just yet.
Covid is real! But not as dangerous as the fear mongering media makes it out to be!

You make it sound like you are losing basic rights. Traveling internationally is not a basic right. It's not a nessesity. It's not food, shelter, water, education, nature, etc.

Don't like the rules? Go somewhere else.

Any country has the right to make laws about the people entering it to protect their own citizens.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:52 am
moonstone wrote:
I am so sick and tired of reading nonsense like this. Why are people so stupid?

Could you have made your point without putting her down?

etky

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Spreading disease? Why didnt they shut down airports in September, October, Nov, dec etc..
vaccine came out and boom shut the airport so we can enforce this prisoner policy.
Once again if you are vaccinated great for you, you can't catch the disease you think I'm carrying!

Unfortunately the vaccine came out just as the new variants that popped up abroad did too.
And the fact that almost 90,000 Israelis visited Dubai (which for political reaosns was not declared a 'red' destination) in December (and others came in from other problematic locations like the US and Ukraine) and many came back with COVID - some with new variants - was enough to convince the Knesset/government that travel to and from Israel needs to be strictly limited.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:39 am
DrMom wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Israel treats many corona patients and actually had a very good track record for healing them.

That doesn't negate the fact that it is better for the patients and for the healthcare system if the disease can be prevented.

I am referencing an actual verse from the davening.
In Israel and many countries around the world real effective treatments are not being used.
Every society thinks they are state of the art even when they are being oppressed. In mitzrayim they were the most advanced culture ever. The Jewish people them thought Moshe was crazy.
Miriam had to tell the Gadol Hador that he was right in line with Pharoh.
I think there is a reason we are told to remember Yetziyas mitzrayim every single day.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:46 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I am referencing an actual verse from the davening.
In Israel and many countries around the world real effective treatments are not being used.
Every society thinks they are state of the art even when they are being oppressed. In mitzrayim they were the most advanced culture ever. The Jewish people them thought Moshe was crazy.
Miriam had to tell the Gadol Hador that he was right in line with Pharoh.
I think there is a reason we are told to remember Yetziyas mitzrayim every single day.

And I am saying that in Israel (I cannot comment on treatment practices in every country on the planet), we certainly do treat covid patients quite effectively.

Israeli hospitals use Remdesivir, some new treatments that were developed at Ichilov hospital, antibody treatments, etc.

If you dispute this, please cite evidence.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:09 am
I didn’t read through this whole thread
But I live in Israel. It is known and I hear ppl admit and I see ppl break quarantine rules! I know neighbours and friends who don’t keep quarantine even after testing positive for covid and having symptoms
I know a lady that returned from the U.K. on a Sunday and was back at work in gan teaching on Monday. This was the week the British strain came out. One of the parents found out after and her response was that her rav told her it’s no one’s business (I happen to think if she was going to do that the parents should have had the knowledge to choose whether or not to send their child). Needless to say yes, I know a few parents from that gan suddenly caught corona that week. I can’t prove it was the ganenet but........
Of course they have to implement something to protect others. If someone leaves the country for whatever reason they should quarantine. So the government are giving a choice. If you don’t want to stay in the hotels (which are run terribly!!!) you may go home and wear a tracking bracelet.
Yes of course it’s not preferable and not nice (and I wonder how this works on Shabbos) but I’m not freaking out. It seems pretty necessary and I want them to do it for my safety and the safety of others
If someone cannot keep quarantine they must think whether or not they should return
I mean this for all countries where quarantine is required, not just Israel
Yes this is drastic but I haven’t heard any complaints here other than the fact that they don’t want to quarantine

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:16 am
Defending governmental control of fda approved treatments while pushing a non fda approved "vaccine" that has no record of safety makes no sense to me.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:20 am
DrMom wrote:
And I am saying that in Israel (I cannot comment on treatment practices in every country on the planet), we certainly do treat covid patients quite effectively.

Israeli hospitals use Remdesivir, some new treatments that were developed at Ichilov hospital, antibody treatments, etc.

If you dispute this, please cite evidence.

The information we are receiving is extremely misleading.
They are withholding FDA approved medications while pushing a non fda approved "vaccine" with no evidence of safety onto the people.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:23 am
In addition, countries that have not instituted extreme lockdowns and restrictions have not fared worse from covid
These are mitzrayim policies-state of the art

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:25 am
Duplicate post

etky

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:27 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
In addition, countries that have not instituted extreme lockdowns and restrictions have not fared worse from covid
These are mitzrayim policies-state of the art

And how do you know what the situation would have been here had we not instituted these measures?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am all for quarantine, I thjnk a bracelet is pushing it. I quarantined this winter after traveling and they checked up on me if I was home, which is fair enough. To put bracelet on someones ankle is very off and prison style.
I am not anti the vaccine , just there isnt enough data for me to take it just yet.

I have heard of people lying on those forms or lying to the callers that they are staying home.

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:33 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
The information we are receiving is extremely misleading.
They are withholding FDA approved medications while pushing a non fda approved "vaccine" with no evidence of safety onto the people.

The FDA is a US American institution.
Israel is an independent country and is not bound by any FDA decisions. The vaccine is approved for use in Israel by Israel. Just saying.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:36 am
The same thing goes for various states in the US, those who instituted draconian measures and those who did not.
Those who did, created more destruction

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:37 am
juggling wrote:
I actually have a doubt about the bracelet, if it ever happens. I don't think it will be effective enough. Sure it would stop people from actually leaving their homes, but nothing will stop them from interacting with household members or visitors, who will then leave the home carrying the new variant.

Anyone in the home or who enters the home does so with the understanding that they are being exposed which is different than the quarantined person going out in public and exposing unsuspecting people.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics