Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleep training advice for 4 month old?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:03 am
Please can any of the wise Imas here share some much needed advice?

Not sure what to do about my 4 month old. Baby generally sleeps quite well at night with the exception here and there

But I find it such a hassle to put B to bed in the day for his naps. I have to rock him for a good few mins before he falls asleep. Sometimes I don't mind but other times it takes ages and tires me out.

I'm worried a sleep trainer will tell me to remove all sleep crutches and it will be so hard for me, that he will cry for ages etc and I do NOT believe in crying it out. I also don't want to be forced into a routine in which there's no room for flexibility. Having a baby already restricts you in some ways and I'm not complaining but I don't want to be forced to never go out at certain times because he needs to sleep or play now. I also like to do my own thing.

Is it possible to find someone who will help me put my baby in a good routine which allows for flexibility in which he will be happy and calm most of the time as well as let him learn to sleep on his own without great difficulty? And if I would want to nurse him one last time before bed (which I generally don't) because I feel he's hungry that they shouldn't say it's strictly forbidden.

I know I'm contradicting myself a bit, I want him to go to bed easily but I don't want to put in the work, I just don't know what's right.

I can budget to go to a sleep trainer but I can't afford to go to 5 of them if they don't work out. That's why I am wary to start with them.

Thanks so much!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:41 am
You don't sleep train a 4 month old

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
You don't sleep train a 4 month old

Huh? Why not?
A 4 month old should be sleeping through the night

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 09 2021, 8:47 am
was also told not to "sleep train" but to get them in a good routine and good habits so that they will know the difference between day and night and be happy and calm etc. just left him to try put himself to sleep. after a long while he started whining. I went in patted him a few times and he went to sleep .

So that was good .

But it's always different and I hate feeling like I should be getting him in a better routine and not knowing what to do. I'm a very organized person but very unscheduled if you can understand that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics