Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Modesty Today
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:48 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
My instagram is basically furniture flippers. But what's a hot Chani?

A frum woman who wears a very attractive sheitel, eye-catching makeup, closefitting short stylish clothes within the letter of the law.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I see women dancing in the street wearing tutus for a music video contest.

I partly agree but I also give her a break because she seems like a really great person who just has different standards than I do

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
A frum woman who wears a very attractive sheitel, eye-catching makeup, closefitting short stylish clothes within the letter of the law.

Aha thanks.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

You forgot the 7" heels 😀

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 12:58 pm
The whole concept of putting oneself out there for everyone to look at is immodest. Why would you expect their wigs and clothing to be modest?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
The whole concept of putting oneself out there for everyone to look at is immodest. Why would you expect their wigs and clothing to be modest?

I don’t have a problem with women on Instagram or being out there.
Many are tzinius. Or keep tzinius to their level
They are strong in their yiddishkeit. Inspiring.
Some you expect to act a certain way and some not.

It’s the ones you expect better that are shocking.

And most Sheitel companies I’m ok with. It’s a look they are trying to sell. Strong. Modern. Independent. Young. But when they start showing tiktoks of grown women In pick tail Sheitel sand skimpy cloths (for a frum women) in red lipstick making kissy faces and singing about being independent I get confused.

professor

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can't say I don't look at Instagram from time to time. But I can't help but wonder how certain posts from religious looking women do not portray a sense of daughters of the king. To be specific I don't get the dancing. Modesty is far more than the length of the skirt or the covering of ones hair. I just don't get this. Am I alone in my bewilderment?

Some are dancers. So they would post about it. I don't see the problem.

saralem

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:10 pm
I’m new to Instagram. Can anyone suggest some acceptable frum posters?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:13 pm
I'm not on instagram a whole lot but I know people like Danielle Renov of Peas Love and Carrots.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 1:35 pm
What do you like ? A lot overlap
No specific order

Food:

sarah_lasry
kissthekoshercook
dliciousdishes
for_love_of_food
chantzyw
estherodesign
jamiegeller
naomi_tgis
homegrownkosher
spiceandzest
naominachman
busyinbrooklyn
peaslovencarrots
overtimecook

Comedy:
wife.mom.shlucHa
the_comic_cook

Inspiration:
shimiadar
yaffapalti
abbeywolin
hakarahbrand
balaboostas
raizyscookin
charleneaminoff

Wigs:
kikiwigs
stylewigsbyshira
diniwigs

Fashion:
elianakahn_
eishesstyle
fashionbytamar
blimie_c
esteezonline

Influencer
rachel.ostroy
naomibeneli
hairbypen
barianna
chezchaya

Fun:
frumeetaubenfeld
malkys_media
hassidic.hipster.girl

Politics and fashion:
sharonlangertlifestyle
mlwbackupny
mlwdesignny

Misc:
shterny_steinmetz

Organizing:
declutterwithruchy
reallife.organizing

Music:
aliza.loeb
shaindyplotzkermusic
chayakogan_official
devorahschwartzofficial
daliaoziel

Business/lifestyle
swaddlebee
bitzofglitz
thegittybergerbrand

Art:
s.pepose
nechamafineart

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 2:27 pm
Do you mean not saying Good Shabbos to a male neighbor of ten years and acting weird all the time isnt enough to be most tznius one in the world

The things you learn on imamother

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:33 pm
Many years ago, there was a great forum on LiveJournal called "What I Wore Today - Modest". I just looked it up and sadly it's been inactivated.

Real people from all walks of life, Xian, Muslim, Jewish, and even radical feminists were posting pictures of modest outfits that were attractive and achievable without a huge budget.

There was a movement going on at the time among secular college students who wanted to "take back their dignity" by "removing the male gaze." They posted a lot of cute stuff.

The forum was very wholesome, no drama, and everyone was super supportive of each other, no matter their background or reasons for modest dress.

Ahhh, the good old days.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Many years ago, there was a great forum on LiveJournal called "What I Wore Today - Modest". I just looked it up and sadly it's been inactivated.

Real people from all walks of life, Xian, Muslim, Jewish, and even radical feminists were posting pictures of modest outfits that were attractive and achievable without a huge budget.

There was a movement going on at the time among secular college students who wanted to "take back their dignity" by "removing the male gaze." They posted a lot of cute stuff.

The forum was very wholesome, no drama, and everyone was super supportive of each other, no matter their background or reasons for modest dress.

Ahhh, the good old days.

Aww that sounds really cute! I follow people like Classically Abby and Mrs. Midwest on sm, I find them to be similarly wholesome.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:45 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Aww that sounds really cute! I follow people like Classically Abby and Mrs. Midwest on sm, I find them to be similarly wholesome.

Hey, if you know the frum film A Light for Greytowers - did you know Classically Abby is Miriam?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:52 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Hey, if you know the frum film A Light for Greytowers - did you know Classically Abby is Miriam?

What what? Since when? I don't actually think I ever watched it but cool! How'd you know that?

Java

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 4:56 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

I just looked her up on IG and now I'm sad... I lovveeed her in ALFG and it seems she's not frum anymore Sad

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:00 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
I just looked her up on IG and now I'm sad... I lovveeed her in ALFG and it seems she's not frum anymore Sad

She became less religious in college, but she talks a lot on her youtube channel about how she and her husband want to be more religious, esp when they have kids...I watch all of her stuff on yt she's great.

Java

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:16 pm
One second. She's Ben Shapiro's sister??
What in the actual...
OK I learned something new today

alef12

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:24 pm
The thing about Instagram is that you curate your own feed. That's the benefit of it over a platform like Tiktok. On Instagram you see the posts and stories of the people you follow. Follow what you're interested in. If an account isn't your speed or makes you uncomfortable. Unfollow.

I follow a mix of mostly Kosher food bloggers, vegetable gardeners, bread bakers a few other misc Jewish Instagrammers and some friends. No "fashion" accounts.
I'm sure my feed is 100% unique. Yours can be too!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 5:31 pm
Yeah I don't follow any of these people. I follow mostly non jews, jewelry, art, lifestyle and people I relate to.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media