Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are natives still going to be in style this summer?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:35 pm
Someone on another thread made a comment that had me wondering if natives are out.

Any opinions? (Reg litvish)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:36 pm
They’re fine. They’re just natives.

Sb1234

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:41 pm
I don’t care if they are, my kids love wearing them and they’re so convenient. Definitely still buying them!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:41 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
They’re fine. They’re just natives.

Thanks. Lol I know but "just natives" costs hard earned money for me. Classic me would realize in the summer that I'm way off and feel a little pang (it would probably be tiny but still...).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:44 pm
Sb1234 wrote:
I don’t care if they are, my kids love wearing them and they’re so convenient. Definitely still buying them!

Yes! My kids live in them all summer. Hope they never leave! (Though I'm sure everyone said that about crocs Smile

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:46 pm
Natives are here to stay. They're comfy and cute and strong.
The other trends will come and go.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:49 pm
Who cares? I’m still getting them. Last year I wanted to go with the trend so I bought floafers they tore right away and bent out of shape. Natives are supportive and strong

Fabulous

last year floafers were in for older kids

mommy3b2c

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Lol I know but "just natives" costs hard earned money for me. Classic me would realize in the summer that I'm way off and feel a little pang (it would probably be tiny but still...).

Ok. So I hear you then. I think you should be fine. Floaters are the more “in” thing, but if you’re only getting one, I still think you’re better off with natives.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 1:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm very satisfied with the imitations. We did well with the Amazing Savings ones but I've heard from others that there are other fakes out there, some on Amazon maybe? May G-d bless and keep Amazing Savings is all I can say...

And I'm also on the "keep what works" team. Fashion be darned, they stay on so much better than crocs/flipflops and can handle just about anything.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 6:23 am
They certainly won’t be out. For sure not in little kids.

SHS

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:48 am
you can get natives on ali express

Blessing1

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:51 am
Natives are classic and definitely still in. They're great quality and never tear. I got floafers last year, the quality is beyond awful. They tore within weeks and it got horribly out of shape. It doesn’t withstand playing outside.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:48 am
Op thanks for the topic! I didn't even dream they were going out but it would be good to know!! Can anyone post links for affordable Natives? I see someone suggested Ali, can you or anyone post links please? Thanks a ton!!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:51 am
Just a note on Natives-the sole of the off brand Natives is not actually white rubber, it's white paint that will wear off very quickly and make it obvious that the Natives are fake. This is fine for little kids, if your older ones will be self conscious that their "Natives" are peeling it's something to keep in mind.

wiki

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:53 am
I love how when it comes to Natives, people refuse to be swayed by what the fashions gods say should or shouldn't be "in." Smile

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:55 am
My kids will be living in them

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:56 am
My DD will still be wearing her natives.

I did not see any of the floafers around last year. The only place I saw them mentioned was imamother. Must not have been a big deal in Lakewood.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
My DD will still be wearing her natives.

I did not see any of the floafers around last year. The only place I saw them mentioned was imamother. Must not have been a big deal in Lakewood.

I Saw them being sold in Juvenile Planet and A Shoe dream. Saw people buying them

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:58 am
Yes I don't think they will go out so fast. They are very practical and durable.
I had these for my kids last year, and they held up nicely:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse.....ntent
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics