Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What Style Ties are in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 3:24 pm
What kind of ties (for men) are in?

Trying to find a tie for a family Simcha that would be acceptable to all the men and it's a bit difficult.

20's and 30's men. But acceptable for the father (60's) as well. Send some suggestions of style. Or reassurances that a color palette is acceptable as well?

The Kallah wants matching ties just like matching gowns. No one is wearing the same gown (unless grandkids) so wondering if suggesting there be a color scheme for ties would be ok? I don't want to shut down her voice and want to know if that's "done" before suggesting it as a reasonable option.

In the past, everyone wore the same tie for the family pictures and those that didn't love it changed after the pictures. Doesn't seem so practical if color scheme is workable. Is that something "done" or do people really choose exact same ties across the men in the family?

(Yeshivish family from Kollel men to more with it working men for reference so preferred styles differ!)

Thanks!

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 4:44 pm
Every man you ask will say a different tie is in.
Men all have different styles.
with my family one time we tried getting all the men the same tie and they all wore it for the photo but some just looked stupid in it.
for the next wedding we just said the color of the dresses and each man bought that color in a design, width and style that suited them and was comfortable. it worked very well.

if the Kallah is adamant for them to have the same I would suggest getting a block color, discuss with the men if there is any color they dont want to wear etc
something like this or in silk https://www.amazon.com/RBOCOTT.....;th=1

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 4:58 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
Every man you ask will say a different tie is in.
Men all have different styles.
with my family one time we tried getting all the men the same tie and they all wore it for the photo but some just looked stupid in it.
for the next wedding we just said the color of the dresses and each man bought that color in a design, width and style that suited them and was comfortable. it worked very well.

if the Kallah is adamant for them to have the same I would suggest getting a block color, discuss with the men if there is any color they dont want to wear etc
something like this or in silk https://www.amazon.com/RBOCOTT.....;th=1

Thanks! Definitely erring on the side of encouraging the Kallah towards just a color scheme or idea as opposed to one specific tie! I wouldn't wear the gown half the people are going to wear so why are we assuming that the men will not have the parallel issue...

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 5:14 pm
Coordinating but not matching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics