Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Tylenol before vaccine

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 10:55 pm
I took Tylenol around 2 hours before my vaccine for an unrelated issue. Now I’m seeing online that they’re saying not to pre-medicate because it may reduce the immune response and I’m panicking. Please tell me it’s ok. Did anyone else hear of this??

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:07 pm
That's ridiculous. We always gave our babies tylenol before getting any vaccine, and it helped with lesser side effects. Don't worry.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:10 pm
You’ll be fine. It CAN reduce effectiveness, but it won’t necessarily do so. I’d just get your antibodies checked a bit after your second dose to make sure it worked. It’s probably unnecessary, but I do it for peace of mind after every vaccine I get (except the annual flu shot).

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:12 pm
My pediatrician says not to give Tylenol before vaccines because it can reduce the effectiveness. That’s all I know about this though.

smss

Post Wed, Mar 10 2021, 11:29 pm

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 12:50 am
Thank you everyone.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:02 am
Tylenol lowers glutethione

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 8:11 am
Not to take acetaminophen or not to take ibuprofen in advance?

coloredleaves

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:04 am
We all gave Tylenol before vaccines when my kids were little but now many pediatricians say not to. Tylenol or ibuprofin may reduce immune response if taken beforehand. Tylenol personally I wouldn't take afterwards either because it also reduces glutethion which helps take toxins out of the body .

That being said, b'deved if u already took it you will be ok. When we all gave them on before our babies shots they were also mostly still immunized. It may reduce effectiveness a little, but not completely.

I'm pretty health oriented and knew this, but lots of people don't- and still it doesn't mostly work. My diaghter said in her aneibary everyone beforehand was saying remember to take Tylenol- she was horrified bc she knew that was wrong info- but l'maeseh in her place and many other places everyone did. Now that it is done, don't worry about it!

Next shot you won't take anything, and it isn't like it makes it not work at all- it may slightly reduce effectiveness .

Iyh you will be ok!!!!!!! It isn't like it ruined everything, it just isn't the most ideal.

(Once we ar won't his topic I woudl like to spread that there is growing evidence that tyelonal in babies under one, including after a bris- can slightly increase the risk of autism). It is only a slight rosh o choosing and most babies are ok, but a growing number of pediatricians in the last couple years are saying only to give It to Annie's when there is a risk otherwise- like with fever- and not for pain due to vaccinations or a bris or earache. I am shocked that many medications are not up to ape on this yet- but some mainstream ones are now quoting recent research and advising against routine use of tylenol in infants- and in health circles we have been saying this even longer.

Of course most babies are still ok! But it slightly increases the risk and I think it sis does specific that the kore use of it the higher the risk (still a low risk overall ) . I feel like it is a mitzvah to post this for awareness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics