Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Vent - sometimes I hate living OOT --UPDATE
1  2  3  4  Next

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:56 am
I blinked. I missed it. Heinz ketchup klp. Would have made DS so very happy. All sold out. Sad

And I heard that Miracle Noodle did a Pesach run of shiritake. Would have made DH so very happy. Can't find it anywhere.

Ah, well. First world problems.

Last edited by imasinger on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:58 am
imasinger wrote:
I blinked. I missed it. Heinz ketchup klp. Would have made DS so very happy. Sad

And I heard that Miracle Noodle did a Pesach run of shiritake. Would have made DH so very happy. Can't find it anywhere.

Ah, well. First world problems.

I’m from medium OOT (think Chicago) and live in Boro Park now. I have a hard time, really feeling lack of community. Here for more than ten years already. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Curious what you rather, bottom line. Adding up all the pros and cons. (I do love the kosher food scene here!! And “frum” shopping!)

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 10:58 am
Haven’t seen any Heinz in Lakewood either and I’ve been to a number of the big stores

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:08 am
FYI, no matter where you live, some things disappear fast (and I can’t figure out in advance what it will be.) in town you have more people running to buy it.
I found out about the Heinz on Facebook. It was gone before I even knew about it. I am not in Brooklyn/Lakewood/Monsey, but I would be hard pressed to consider Teaneck OOT. (I also went to Seasons in Clifton/Passaic).

sky

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:09 am
Was Heinz really klp
My son was telling me about it but I didn’t believe it.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:10 am
https://www.myjewishlearning.c.....over/

If anyone sees it, I'd pay to get it shipped. Not that I think anyone has the time.

professor

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:16 am
People living OOT have very close knit communities.

There should be a WhatsApp group for the whole neighborhood where people could post things like "anyone having family coming from Boro Park for pesach? Can they bring along ketchup and klp noodles?"

And all the neighbors would say things like, "hey my in-laws are coming from Flatbush and they said they can bring it"

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:43 am
Things become sold out very fast because selfish people buy a lot without thinking about others. The store I shop at put a limit on many items.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:46 am
Imasinger would a different brand klp ketchup work? I’d be happy to ship some heimish brand from NY... I’m sure it’s not the same but at least you won’t be ketchup-less...

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:49 am
Gamzehyaavor, you're so nice! I do have some heimish. My DS just has a thing about Heinz.

At least I now know the problem wasn't living OOT, it must have just been a very limited run.

Maybe next year, they'll do more.

Thanks, ladies!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 11:55 am
Girl, this is what’s been putting me in a mood allll morning.
My tiny 1 horse town is out of margarine.
🆘

rdmom

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:00 pm
I was at gourmet glatt south in Lakewood this morning. They still had quite a few bottles left.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:07 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
🆘

PM me, I'll find a way to get some to you.

(I stopped using klp margarine when I learned through imamother how unhealthy anything with cottonseed oil is, now I stick with oils from food, that have restrictions on pesticides.)

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:07 pm
rdmom wrote:
I was at gourmet glatt south in Lakewood this morning. They still had quite a few bottles left.

Pm'ing you

smss

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:22 pm
I don't know if they have those specific products but aviglatt.com has many Pesach products & free shipping over $100 in the US.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:35 pm
And my tiny OOT community no longer gets butter ever, not Pesach and not year round, because the new guy who took over the store orders a year ago doesn't eat butter himself! Last year Pesach I saw there was no butter and he explained he doesn't like it, so I asked him if he could order butter for Pesach and he said no, he doesn't like butter, he likes margarine. So last year Pesach, for the first time, there was no butter, but mounds and mounds of large margarine blocks (not even sticks) that nobody bought, but which sat on the shelf for months. This year, I drove five hours (round trip) to make sure to get butter for my family for Pesach. All because one man doesn't like butter, so therefore the whole community can go without. Can't Believe It

ETA: Good thing I drove for the butter. He STILL didn't order any butter for us, even though people have asked and nobody bought the margarine blocks.

heidi

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:37 pm
sky wrote:
Was Heinz really klp
My son was telling me about it but I didn’t believe it.

Yup!
Got it in Osher Ad in Israel Smile

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:37 pm
imasinger wrote:
PM me, I'll find a way to get some to you.

(I stopped using klp margarine when I learned through imamother how unhealthy anything with cottonseed oil is, now I stick with oils from food, that have restrictions on pesticides.)

Thanks! But I really live in the middle of nowhere.
I’m dealing with multiple food allergies, and cottonseed oil isn’t one of them. I was hoping to have some this year, but I’ll survive 8 days with out.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:42 pm
imasinger wrote:
I blinked. I missed it. Heinz ketchup klp. Would have made DS so very happy. All sold out. Sad

If it's any consolation, it might not taste like real Heinz. KLP Lays potato chips taste nothing like regular Lays potato chips. Regular lays are thinner, crisper, and tastier. But I understand that for a kid, this might not be a consolation, if it's the brand he's attached to. As a fellow restricted OOT ima, I sympathize!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 22 2021, 12:43 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
🆘
My parents’ local store runs out of margarine too. My mom gets someone to send her the necessities from the east coast now.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics