Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Who else still hasn't had chametz?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:27 am
Everyone on this thread: What's your secret to turning back so quickly? Do you use only disposable the whole "last days" so there's nothing to wash after yuntif? (Even serving trays, etc?) Do you spend erev yuntif packing away what you don't need? I'm busy doing regular erev yuntif stuff like cleaning the house, baths, cooking...

We don't even have pesach dishes, but with just pots, crockpot, serving trays, utensils, etc, we had so much to wash last night. We got some of it totally dry and packed away, but the rest is still drying on the counter. We stopped after working for 2 hours and went to sleep. We won't be eating chometz until dinner I'm sure; there a lot more to do! (My husband went to work and I'm on my own today).

abaker

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:35 am
I didn't eat real chometz yet because I need to go shopping but we just peeled off all the tin foil and plastic table cloths and threw it out. No real dishes. Only disposable stuff and I washed the few random food prep items on yom tov so they wouldn't be stinky and take up space in the sink. Making the kitchen chametz is easy if you don't have a fridge full of chametz pots filled up. (I have made that mistake before)

Dina2018

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 9:52 am
everybody who is complaining about waiting in lines just think that there is absolutely nowhere to run to where I livešŸ˜‚only to my own kitchen! gave in and baked real pizza for the children who couldnā€˜t believe when I half jokingly offered matza pizza (which by the way I never made like ever, no idea what is tastes like)

yidishmamma

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:08 am
No chometz yet . Waiting for someone to go get a fresh bread for breakfast

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:11 am
We were too tired last night but got everything done this morning. (It's pretty easy since we have a Pesach kitchen now). Not running for chametz though. Everyone is perfectly happy having cream cheese and matzah/ matza pizza/ matza brei... we don't eat gebrokts so this is exciting enough for now.

OOTforlife

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:26 am
cozyblanket wrote:
Everyone on this thread: What's your secret to turning back so quickly? Do you use only disposable the whole "last days" so there's nothing to wash after yuntif? (Even serving trays, etc?) Do you spend erev yuntif packing away what you don't need? I'm busy doing regular erev yuntif stuff like cleaning the house, baths, cooking...

We have very minimal Pesach silverware, almost no Pesach dishes, and only a few Peach cooking implements (large soup pot, mixer, frying pan, crock pot, knives, serving spoons). Also, to keep it simple, all of our non-disposable Pesach items are fleishig. We eat very little dairy on Pesach and don't cook anything dairy.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:27 am
I was by my parents for second days, helped there and arrived home only 12. I couldn't think of starting today from scratch on my own, so last night my husband and I turned back the kitchen. Washed and wiped dry everything, placed them in the dining room and blocked it up. Went to sleep at 4am.

Though we didn't start before we stopped at the grocery for some chametz. And oh the excitement for cereal this morning..........no-one beats it. Ha

My kids don't mind matzah, but when it's their choice to eat. So ya, they need a break now.

naomi2

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:30 am
[quote="allthingsblue"]Me. I'm having matzah brie for breakfast but I'll be having chometz for lunch.[/quote
Same

mommy12

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:02 am
cozyblanket wrote:

We don't even have pesach dishes, but with just pots, crockpot, serving trays, utensils, etc, we had so much to wash last night. We got some of it totally dry and packed away, but the rest is still drying on the counter. We stopped after working for 2 hours and went to sleep. We won't be eating chometz until dinner I'm sure; there a lot more to do! (My husband went to work and I'm on my own today).

I don't have Pesach dishes or servings trays. I serve from the foil pans and toss them out when we are done. We use paper and plastic the whole time. The only real silverware I have is a few servings spoons and forks. I had to wash those, my soup pot, crock pot, and kiddush cup and that was it. I had already put away everything I didn't need for the last days. By the time my husband came home from shul for havdallah I was almost done with everything.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 11:08 am
Just kitniyos, rice cakes and pb. But I bought and am cooking.

Aurora

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:30 pm
Me. We just have enough leftovers and I can't stand to waste food. I'm starting to put it in the freezer though. Plus I'm trying to lose weight, and keeping away from baked goods seems like it will be helpful.

Unless it's needed, we keep our Passover stuff in its "home box", and I keep the boxes very organized. We do use a number of disposables. The rest of the year we keep to real dishes etc so as to keep down the waste.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:32 pm
Iā€™m in middle of drinking my first bit of chometz as I type! Stopped off at Starbucks on the way home from work! I missed this stuff ā˜•ļø
I de-pesached all last night, but it was too late to eat anything by the time I was done. I feel like Pesach was so long ago lol

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:33 pm
I havenā€™t had chametz it 3.5 years or so

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:34 pm
cozyblanket wrote:

I only take out a minimum of milchig. One place setting for someone who cares, frying pan and spatula, small pot. It was all clean and unused before yom tov sheni so got put back right away. Ditto the pareve stuff. So really, we just had to focus on the fleishig.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:37 pm
Dh bought stuff last night but I didnā€™t eat any of it yet. Iā€™ll make up for it soon Iā€™m sure

agreer

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:49 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I havenā€™t had chametz it 3.5 years or so

I'm also low-carbing today, post-y"t, so still haven't had any.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:33 pm
I havenā€™t had Chometz yet. Strange but I had no appetite for it. I had pesach cookies for brunch.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:56 pm
cozyblanket wrote:

We had our maid come to do the dishes last day of YT.

I donā€™t understand you people! Iā€™m floored reading this thread! itā€™s a minhag byisrael to eat pizza moztie Pesach! How can you be so callous with this mitzvah??? (once finished the pizza the real party started as we enjoyed fresh home baked donuts! Itā€™s not a must but it is a nice addition to our sacred pizza minhag.)

ā€ā€×‘כל המ×Øווה ה×Øי זה משובח

enneamom

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 4:27 pm
Just had my first chometz an hour ago Smile

number

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 5:13 pm
Me. I donā€™t eat chametz all year round šŸ˜‚. I canā€™t tolerate most grains.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics