Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kid's Sneakers $$$$?????
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 3:53 pm
I used to spend $40/$50 on sneakers. But now I need a sneaker that accommodates my sons arches and the only one I could find was $120.

emma07

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:10 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Can you please explain liking sneakers that look old and worn out? Liking them to the point of spending $300-$500 on them? Do your kids wear all their shoes worn out and dirty or only those one's because they're brand name? Do you like worn out dirty clothing or only brand name $500 worn out dirty clothing? I'm really trying to understand the logic.
I own many and they all look amazing... no one is forcing you to buy them

Blessing1

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 6:31 pm
emma07 wrote:

Aha. I guess a definition of amazing is dirty and worn out. But you didn't answer the questions I asked to help me understand the reasoning behind spending a fortune on dirty worn out shoes. Do you generally wear dirty worn out shoes or only those because they're brand name? Whould you buy worn out shoes that are not brand name? I understand buying nice brand name stuff. I don't understand buying dirty worn out stuff just because they're brand name.
This is nothing personal against you, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind spending a fortune on something like that.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 15 2021, 10:07 pm
emma07 wrote:

I imagine if you own “many” golden goose sneakers they’re the knockoffs from Ali.
Even my wealthiest friends don’t own “many” pairs of sneakers that are over 400$

emma07

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 3:26 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I imagine if you own “many” golden goose sneakers they’re the knockoffs from Ali.
Even my wealthiest friends don’t own “many” pairs of sneakers that are over 400$
don’t worry they are the real ones... don’t believe in fakes

DrMom

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 3:53 am
Some of my kids are very hard on their shoes. They are very active and participate in various sports, and wear sports shoes almost every day.

I find that good, well-fitting sneakers are worth the price, which can be around US$100 in these parts.

I have no idea what Golden Goose shoes are, but they look grungy when they are brand new, then that seems silly (I also think that pre-ripped jeans are stupid).

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Apr 16 2021, 5:18 am
DrMom wrote:
Some of my kids are very hard on their shoes. They are very active and participate in various sports, and wear sports shoes almost every day.

I find that good, well-fitting sneakers are worth the price, which can be around US$100 in these parts.

I have no idea what Golden Goose shoes are, but they look grungy when they are brand new, then that seems silly (I also think that pre-ripped jeans are stupid).

Yes to this. I just looked up Golden goose sneakers and I REALLY don't get the appeal. Exactly like buying very expensive ripped jeans..... like, why??? I wouldn't buy them at any price.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics