Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Help me decorate my guest room
Previous  1  2  3  Next

librarygirl

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:10 pm
Plunger in bathroom

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
RAIZY on Instagram has a sign that has letters that you can change to say Welcome Mr&Mrs.
If you haven’t bought the beds yet think about putting Full or if you have the room Queen beds

I wouldn’t put up Mr. and Mrs.
It can be very insensitive if you are hosting older singles.
Plain Welcome would be better.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:15 pm
My guest room has beds, a rug, a night table, a hand towel, tissues, a Shabbos lamp, and a clock on the wall. There is also some artwork/pictures on the walls.
The bathroom has shampoo, body wash, air freshener, hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, rug, bath towels, hand towel, wash cloths, negel vasser, a little hamper, a mirror, and a little basket with: mini deodorants (men and women), mini toothpaste, two toothbrushes, q-tips, and more little things, I forget exactly what. Pads is so important! I once got my period while a guest at someone's hachnassas orchim apartment, and wasn't expecting it. It was Shabbos and I was SO HAPPY to see that they had a pads in the bathroom!

I have a fridge and freezer in the room, but I never actually filled it up for guests (family only), it's just my spare. There is also a closet with hanging space and shelves.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:17 pm
A mirror and clock are so useful. It's hard not to have those things in the room. Make sure the clock is glow in the dark so they can see what time it is at night.

One thing that you might not think of: some people (like me) have bad allergies which get worse in a new room, especially with a carpet. A small air purifier is extremely thoughtful for guests with allergies.

Just putting it out there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:00 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Do you want links for chairs/wall art etc? You can put a picture/link of your linen and we can help find things that match.

Yes thanks! I can’t find the link but the linen is grey and white, carpet is also grey.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:13 pm
https://www.googleadservices.c.....durl=

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:56 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjMqtDh6o_wAhULssgKHdDQAfMYABANGgJxdQ&cit=CkUKCQjwmv-DBhCDARI0ACA38_NnhL-lG8H31uVrn4pIv_lApJQmjBZkE3J3M6aXYvSlCdyncAlU3WDqLjyhwfBJhxoCA-jw_wcB&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2ddp0jkUZqrBmH6ltz8KB25UOpyjkf01mW-uN1Lyb8zpsQilep6i7bOgFxFoFh5VQKB4gzdH9VW-jb4I_d7g3&sig=AOD64_22CRdbljwpimqqbt8yY8VWVJU9Jg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjmkMTh6o_wAhV3FVkFHXg8BeAQwg96BAgQEEg&adurl=

allthingsblue, I love this!!! Are you a decorator? How'd you find this piece?! I'd love help with decorating my house, it's so not lived in, so bare. I feel like I have no taste....

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
allthingsblue, I love this!!! Are you a decorator? How'd you find this piece?! I'd love help with decorating my house, it's so not lived in, so bare. I feel like I have no taste....

I have it Smile
I'm not a decorator sorry. If you post specifically what you need I can try to help

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:01 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I have it Smile
I'm not a decorator sorry. If you post specifically what you need I can try to help

So pretty!!

Well, maybe you should consider becoming a decorator?!

Thanks for the offer, so sweet of you!

Where do you have this sofa and do you have any other tables or rugs in that room? I hope you don't mind me asking... feel free to skip.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:21 pm
So pretty!!

Well, maybe you should consider becoming a decorator?!

Thanks for the offer, so sweet of you!

Where do you have this sofa and do you have any other tables or rugs in that room? I hope you don't mind me asking... feel free to skip.

It's in my bedroom. We have a glossy white table next to it that I happen not to like but my husband chose it Smile
No rugs. We have carpeting.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:23 pm
So, I was thinking for my bedroom as well. My bedroom is not decorated. What table would you do for next to the couch? And what sort of nightstand would you do?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I wouldn’t put up Mr. and Mrs.
It can be very insensitive if you are hosting older singles.
Plain Welcome would be better.

No you change the lettering accordingly
Welcome Joe Shmoe
It reminded me of the VERY OLD fashion boards they used in shul’s for schedules

You can write whatever you want on it

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:37 pm
No you change the lettering accordingly
Welcome Joe Shmoe
It reminded me of the VERY OLD fashion boards they used in shul’s for schedules

cute, where can I get a pretty version of that?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:39 pm

https://www.target.com/p/pearh.....aw.ds

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:39 pm

Go on Raizyscookin insta pg and ask her
It was really nice
The back was white velvet
Very classy

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:17 pm
Go on Raizyscookin insta pg and ask her
It was really nice
The back was white velvet
Very classy

dont' have instagram Smile

elaela

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:23 pm
minimal mom on youtube recently redid their master bedroom and added a blanket ladder and two stunning armchairs (I didnt even know ghat blanket ladders were a thing)

I like her minimal yet cosy style. she plays with textures rather than colours, her room is monochromatic but very cosy despite the "simpleness"
im terrible at decorating and our house looks nothing like dawns, but if I had a guest room I would most probably want it to look similar to ehr new bedroom.

I spend shabbos in a guestroom in a different city and I got a unexpected VERY heavy period and had no way to sk for pads/tampons. it was shabos, no eruv noone I knoew around and all I could do was run to the toilet every hour and use my babies diapers. it was PURE HORROR as I didnt want to stain anything (bed, chairs etc.)

I was really miserable.

since hen I ALWAYS have an emergency kit int he room our guests stay in with many things (ibprofene, water, bedika clothes, pads, diapers, babywipes, etc etc.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics