Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Greys Anatomy & Station 19
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:57 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Lol, it’s left leaning to get pregnant by a black man???

Oh that’s why I’m not conceiving!

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
the things you are describing as left leaning are things that have been part of secularism and non jewish life for decades. thats not what I mean by left leaning, there are newer issues that are based off of their agendas, and with regards to complaining about covid on medical shows, yes I understand its a medical show, but they way they promote the agressiveness of mask wearing and the negative portrayal of those who don't believe in it, thats what bothers me.

What's to believe-in with masks?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:06 pm
Teomima wrote:
Personally I love it that they're addressing these issues. There's no agenda; Grey's Anatomy is a medical show and Covid-19 is the worst pandemic in a century. As for BLM, it's a terrifying time to be black in America and much of the cast, not to mention the show's creater, are African American and I respect them wanting to share their concerns and experiences.

Please reread what you wrote. The last couple of episodes were all based on political matters. That is an agenda - by every definition of the word. You can say you support their agenda, but to deny that they're doing that is outright denial. And it must be a strong denial, because reread the last sentence you wrote- you're clearing stating that there is an agenda, and you respect them for sharing it.

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:08 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
And they weren't married. And on this site, I would think so.

I still don’t get what you’re saying. You’re saying that interracial relationships (in this case Asian American and African American) are still considered to be part of some left wing agenda? Are there really people these days that think that way? I doubt that those people would be watching any tv shows at all. They would probably be too busy going to KKK meetings 🙄

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been watching Grey's Anatomy for as long as I can remember, and Station 19 since the beginning. Maybe I never noticed it or maybe it is a new thing based on whats going on in the world, but I am starting to get turned off at the way they are constantly pushing the leftist, Covid, & BLM agenda in your face. Yes I know Hollywood is now the mouth piece for the woke left and democratic party, but the whole reason why we watch TV is to distract us from real life, and from what I can recall Grey's Anatomy never used to align its episodes with current events. There are other shows that when they resumed after lockdown had one or two episodes about covid and then went back to normal, that imho is the way to go, but to constantly shove it in your face, it just really irks me. And yes I have a choice to not watch it, so I don't need you to tell me that. I just have watched this show for years so it makes me sad.

I hope I don't sound too aggressive, that was not my intention, I am just annoyed is all.

Just curious if its not only me....

Oh, most definitely not you. Check out rotten tomatoes and other sites, there are so many frustrated viewers. The drama, and interesting plot lines have disappeared, and all we get is some sort of political play.

When I sit down to watch - I want to relax, tune out the world & just get lost into someone else's world. But if all you do is focus on current politics, I lose all that. So I just move on.

I get that they sometimes want to make a point - so designate one episode to get your point across. But every single episode, week after week? There's no entertainment in that.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:13 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I still don’t get what you’re saying. You’re saying that interracial relationships (in this case Asian American and African American) are still considered to be part of some left wing agenda? Are there really people these days that think that way? I doubt that those people would be watching any tv shows at all. They would probably be too busy going to KKK meetings 🙄

I don't think any of this is left wing, I think it's normal. However, the right wing frowns on all of it. And to suggest otherwise is very disingenuous.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Please reread what you wrote. The last couple of episodes were all based on political matters. That is an agenda - by every definition of the word. You can say you support their agenda, but to deny that they're doing that is outright denial. And it must be a strong denial, because reread the last sentence you wrote- you're clearing stating that there is an agenda, and you respect them for sharing it.

that's not the definition of agenda by any definition.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:15 pm
It’s all those liberal Jews in Hollywood
/sarcasm

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I don't think any of this is left wing, I think it's normal. However, the right wing frowns on all of it. And to suggest otherwise is very disingenuous.

I don’t think Jewish women care if an Asian American and an African American have a baby together. They would only care if one of them was Jewish.
And I think most right wing would feel the same way - maybe very extreme would care if one was white. But two minorities?

Teomima

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

No, by "every definition", anything and everything the show addresses, be it political in nature or the personal relationship of the week, is the agenda. In that sense, yes, the producers have an agenda: "This week we will explore person A's relationship with their mother, meanwhile person B will decide on the direction of their career, and there medical issues addressed will be an appendectomy, a car accident, etc". So currently there's an pandemic and that plays into the scheduled agenda for the show. Cops are needlessly killing American Americans, that'll be put on the docket. So yes, if you wish for that definition of agenda, it is true.

But the OP indicated the idea of an ulterior motive, an agenda with a goal of pushing buttons. By addressing what is literally the biggest medical story of our lifetime, I do not think that counts as having any ulterior motives. By addressing the fact that a certain segment of the population is falling victim to both the pandemic and police enforcement at higher rates than the general populace, they are simply being realistic.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:24 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I don’t think Jewish women care if an Asian American and an African American have a baby together. They would only care if one of them was Jewish.
And I think most right wing would feel the same way - maybe very extreme would care if one was white. But two minorities?

Christina Yang was JEWISH

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:27 pm
I couldn't get through even the first episode of so many shows that I used to really enjoy. I watch TV to relax not to watch a bunch of leftist propoganda. I cancelled my Hulu subscription, I no longer watch TV.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:34 pm
Teomima wrote:
No, by "every definition", anything and everything the show addresses, be it political in nature or the personal relationship of the week, is the agenda. In that sense, yes, the producers have an agenda: "This week we will explore person A's relationship with their mother, meanwhile person B will decide on the direction of their career, and there medical issues addressed will be an appendectomy, a car accident, etc". So currently there's an pandemic and that plays into the scheduled agenda for the show. Cops are needlessly killing American Americans, that'll be put on the docket. So yes, if you wish for that definition of agenda, it is true.

But the OP indicated the idea of an ulterior motive, an agenda with a goal of pushing buttons. By addressing what is literally the biggest medical story of our lifetime, I do not think that counts as having any ulterior motives. By addressing the fact that a certain segment of the population is falling victim to both the pandemic and police enforcement at higher rates than the general populace, they are simply being realistic.

The pandemic plot line is definitely not an agenda. What I was referring to was your latter part of the statement, tying any plot into the BLM political platform. And your last paragraph clearly demonstrates your personal perspective, so maybe that's why you don't see it as an agenda. I don't agree that there is a certain segment of the population falling victim to police enforcement at a higher rate. If you look at the entire picture - you may be surprised to find that the same segment commits crimes at a higher rate, so proportion-wise, the response is the same. I know that its not politically correct to say that, since it doesn't serve their platform.

Regardless, if you intertwine a political platform into an entertainment series, then yeah, you most definitely have an agenda.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I started watching the first season and hated it because it was old fashioned lol . I just wasn’t able to get into it . I figured if I start at a later season I might like it.

Wow. I guess I really am getting old! 😂

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:03 pm
I stopped watching so many major network shows because of the agenda shoving. But this is how they get everyone to give legitimacy to all the movements, it's subtle brainwashing. Hopefully enough of us stop watching and it hurts them and they stop using tv to push agendas and brainwash.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:12 pm
Also it seems like “left- leaning” is becoming a catch all term for “things frum people disapprove of.”

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:14 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Also it seems like “left- leaning” is becoming a catch all term for “things frum people disapprove of.”

The things SOME frum people disapprove of.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:16 pm
seems the show was apolitical before - and now its political. That's about it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:16 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

This. Since when is premarital sx a leftist thing? Maybe if you go back a few decades. Maybe. But today, other than some conservative Christian groups (maybe...) everyone is having premarital sx at pretty much the same rate.

Relationships between different races? What, are we in 1970s South Africa or something? Except for some extremists, I don't think this is really an issue anymore. Certainly portraying a 'mixed' relationship isn't a leftist thing.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Did you ever think it might be because the rest of the world is taking this pandemic pretty seriously?

And so?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics