Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you like your job?
1  2  3  Next

Do you like your job?
No, but I need the money  
 28%  [ 55 ]
Yes, I love what I do  
 55%  [ 108 ]
Other  
 16%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 195

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:44 pm
Do most people like what they do? Or do they just do it because- see poll.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:45 pm
Recent grad. Im in my CFY. Speech therapist.
Dont love it. Quite bored but I make OK money and I like the school I work in

Genius

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:46 pm
I'm not sure whether I like it. Some days more than others I guess. I like to be busy

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:57 pm
People pay me to do what I love. What a bracha!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:03 am
I selected other, I like it but I don't love it. My colleagues are nice and well mannered, my boss is very nice and flexible. It's a boring job but a nice environment to work with and pay is average.

singleagain

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:10 am
I actually really like my job. And at one point I'd sworn off all office work. Bc my first job in office work was tedious and I hated it. But the job was of a different type of work and the office environment was different.

There are so many factors that can make or break a job. Thank God more factors make this job for me.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:19 am
I have a playgroup, I love my job but it's exhausting and I sometimes wonder if I should look for something else!! I've been doing for 25 yrs so not sure how to start something else at this point...

salt

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:21 am
Voted other.
I don't *love* my job. I do it for the salary. I like coming to work, and I like my colleagues. I wouldn't work if I didn't have to though.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:23 am
I do like my job since getting a promotion. But a change of scenery would be great.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:26 am
I chose other.
If I could just do what's in my job description, I'd love the job. But since the boss doesn't know how to do HIS job, my job suffers.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:28 am
I teach and I love it. The salary isn't what's keeping me there although free tuition, great schedule and frum environment are huge perks.

I'm also a writer and I love that too. Although working two jobs can have its stresses, overall I'm very thankful to feel tremendous fulfillment from both of my jobs.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:03 am
I love certain aspects of what I do and detest others. It's hard to imagine a job in which a person loves every single thing about it. I imagine that even a glamour job like a singer or dancer doesn't love shlepping around from place to place in all kinds of weather to perform at other people's convenience.

OTOH a friend of mine loves her job beyond anything. She eats, breathes and sleeps her job and would do it for free if she didn't need to earn a living. Overall mine is a good job but no way I'd do it for free.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:26 am
Yes, I like my job.

I've been at this job for 5 years and there have been ups and downs. I work with some difficult people who can really make it a miserable experience. The owner also sold the business to a larger company so there were a lot of changes when they took over. The pandemic also meant a lot of adjustments in the way we work.

After 5 years though I feel like I've hit my stride. I've figured out how things work, what things I'm good at and how to improve in some of the areas I'm not so good at. I'm starting to get more positive feedback and appreciation when in the beginning it seemed that it was all criticism and I couldn't do anything right.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I love certain aspects of what I do and detest others. It's hard to imagine a job in which a person loves every single thing about it. I imagine that even a glamour job like a singer or dancer doesn't love shlepping around from place to place in all kinds of weather to perform at other people's convenience.

OTOH a friend of mine loves her job beyond anything. She eats, breathes and sleeps her job and would do it for free if she didn't need to earn a living. Overall mine is a good job but no way I'd do it for free.

What does your friend do?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:40 am
I’m a sheitel macher. Love what I do. Earn about 100k depending on the year. When mothers tell me their kids r interested in wigs I tell them to push their DDs cuz it’s a great field. I don’t work wnvr kids r off like midwinter etc. have the flexibility to stop a week before yt..
problem is that there is a shortage of wigs now so the whole industry is sorta one big Debby downer. Not quite enjoying myself these days. Hoping the good ‘ol days will return soon ...

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:43 am
I work in recruiting. I love that I get to help people without the emotional burden of being a therapist. Its a nice feeling when you find someone a good job.

Could I do without my boss yes. He is very nice but also a super micro manager and it burns you out at some point.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:45 am
I don't like my job and am working on a career change. Takes a while, though!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:46 am
I like my job, but I can’t say that I love it. I look forward to going to work every day Baruch HaShem.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:44 am
voted other. I dont hate my job but because of my undiagnosed ADHD LOL as soon as Im not stimulated enough I hate my job

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I’m a sheitel macher. Love what I do. Earn about 100k depending on the year. When mothers tell me their kids r interested in wigs I tell them to push their DDs cuz it’s a great field. I don’t work wnvr kids r off like midwinter etc. have the flexibility to stop a week before yt..
problem is that there is a shortage of wigs now so the whole industry is sorta one big Debby downer. Not quite enjoying myself these days. Hoping the good ‘ol days will return soon ...

Can you elaborate more?
Why is it a debby downer? You sell wigs as well as wash and set etc? Do you have overhead? How can you stop a week before yt, isn't that busy season?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics