Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you like your job?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you like your job?
No, but I need the money  
 28%  [ 55 ]
Yes, I love what I do  
 55%  [ 108 ]
Other  
 16%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 195

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:16 pm
I love my field and have had jobs that I love in it. Right now, I’d just say I like my job. It’s part time, pays very well, and is fine if a bit boring. Part time jobs are almost impossible to come by in my field so I’m not leaving any time soon (I LOVE often being home with my toddler too much to go back full time).

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:31 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Can you elaborate more?
Why is it a debby downer? You sell wigs as well as wash and set etc? Do you have overhead? How can you stop a week before yt, isn't that busy season?

A lot of companies have shortages now. They are suffering in a big way. It’s a bit depressing. Also it’s really hard to sell when u can’t get hold of what u need. I do all servicing on wigs, of course wash n sets too. I work from home, my overhead are my 2 employees. Most sheitel machers who make yt stop a week before. My clientele don’t seem to care, they come the week before that and yes the last week I work is insanely ridiculously busy..

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:53 pm
I teach in a yeshiva.
I love being in the classroom and working with my students, seeing them grow in skills and confidence.
I hate the hours of prep and grading I do at home that I am not compensated for, I hate dealing with the small minority of parents (most are lovely!) who are obnoxious jerks who want me to do their child rearing for them, and I detest the insular boys' club that is the school's administration, in which decisions are made in secretive back channels and no recognition or appreciation is given to those who deserve it. I hate being paid a pittance because, even though I've got higher education, I choose to use it for the children of my community and not in the public school system, because our children deserve good teachers.

Rant over.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 1:08 pm
I'm a substitute preschool teacher and love it. Because I keep on being in different classrooms, different ages and working with many teachers it keeps it interesting for me. I can take a break when I need and not be available, yet I could be busy almost every single day if I choose.
The pay is fine, its enough that its worth it for me and I like that I can meet my kids teachers so easily!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 2:37 pm
I do office work (think accountant, computers). I make very good money B”H, which we need. I don’t feel fulfilled, so I do other things in my life so that I can be fulfilled. I must say that working remotely has been very good for me and for my kids.

frummom7

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 4:26 pm
Am I the only one that hates my job? Work from home on the computer and it is so b-o-r-I-n-g. Looking to change as soon as anything better comes my way!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 4:31 pm
I love what I do (ok, more in theory than the day to day)
I really like the people I work with.
My commute/flexibility is awesome.
I would rather stay home, play on my phone, and not wear a bra!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 4:55 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I’m a sheitel macher. Love what I do. Earn about 100k depending on the year. When mothers tell me their kids r interested in wigs I tell them to push their DDs cuz it’s a great field. I don’t work wnvr kids r off like midwinter etc. have the flexibility to stop a week before yt..
problem is that there is a shortage of wigs now so the whole industry is sorta one big Debby downer. Not quite enjoying myself these days. Hoping the good ‘ol days will return soon ...

wow. I hated my SM. worst customer service, never answered calls, sold me bad wigs. still looking for a competant SM now. I tried someone the other week and shes the same thing. she had HS girls helping me she didnt even bother coming down

tigerwife

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:03 pm
I freelance. I love what I do but dislike dealing with some clients and generally running the business end. One day I’d love to hire someone to do all of the business management for me.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:26 pm
I'm an OT and really like my job because found a unique field with unique way to avoid excessive notes but there are def downsides like being exhausted at the end of the day and working fee for service (no travel though).

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:18 pm
I hate working but I love my job. My dream is not to work at all but if I do need to work I have the best job

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:43 pm
I despise my job with a flaming passion. I'm looking to leave it now.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 9:38 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I teach in a yeshiva.
I love being in the classroom and working with my students, seeing them grow in skills and confidence.
I hate the hours of prep and grading I do at home that I am not compensated for, I hate dealing with the small minority of parents (most are lovely!) who are obnoxious jerks who want me to do their child rearing for them, and I detest the insular boys' club that is the school's administration, in which decisions are made in secretive back channels and no recognition or appreciation is given to those who deserve it. I hate being paid a pittance because, even though I've got higher education, I choose to use it for the children of my community and not in the public school system, because our children deserve good teachers.

Rant over.

Wow, so true.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:10 am
Crookshanks wrote:

You should be a personal shopper!

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
You should be a personal shopper!

Halevai lol that would be my dream.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:21 am
frummom7 wrote:
Am I the only one that hates my job? Work from home on the computer and it is so b-o-r-I-n-g. Looking to change as soon as anything better comes my way!

What kind of job would you enjoy?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:22 am
Crookshanks wrote:

What kind of job would you enjoy?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:37 am
Something that involves people and things.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 10:17 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I work in recruiting. I love that I get to help people without the emotional burden of being a therapist. Its a nice feeling when you find someone a good job.

Could I do without my boss yes. He is very nice but also a super micro manager and it burns you out at some point.

What’s your training and experience to do this? The prerequisites so to say?

Bleemee

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 10:21 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Halevai lol that would be my dream.
Are you entrepreneurial at all? Think about it Smile
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics