Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those who say the vaccine isn’t coercion
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:26 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I think it makes ZERO sense that a kid who HAS Hepatitus B is allowed in school,
but a kid who does NOT have Hepatitus B but did not take the Hep-B Vax is NOT allowed
in school!

Come on, Man! This has NOTHING to do with protecting the public health!

Way to not answer the question.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:37 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Way to not answer the question.

Well, she's right.

A sick child who is contagious with Hepatitis B cannot be denied entry to school. This kid could potentially infect everyone. However, a healthy child who did not receive the Hep B vaccine and is obviously not contagious must be denied entry to school. Think about it. Are we concerned for public health? If we were concerned for public health, logic dictates that the sick child should stay home and the healthy child allowed in school. The sick child is a threat to the health of everyone s/he comes in contact with. OTOH, while it's true that the healthy child is at risk of contracting Hep B, right now the healthy child is not a risk to anyone else other than himself.

However, since we are not actually concerned for public health, we are only concerned with vaccine compliance, we punish the kid who isn't vaccinated and reward the kid who is. Simple.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:37 pm
Lovable wrote:
Your right
Unfortunately, in a world gone mad you just cant bang sense into peoples heads.
I wonder if I offered them a donut & a bike a year ago to get a vaccine that was still in its testing stages, would they have fallen for it?
hmm

No one is trying to trick you.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Well, she's right.

A sick child who is contagious with Hepatitis B cannot be denied entry to school. This kid could potentially infect everyone. However, a healthy child who did not receive the Hep B vaccine and is obviously not contagious must be denied entry to school. Think about it. Are we concerned for public health? If we were concerned for public health, logic dictates that the sick child should stay home and the healthy child allowed in school. The sick child is a threat to the health of everyone s/he comes in contact with. OTOH, while it's true that the healthy child is at risk of contracting Hep B, right now the healthy child is not a risk to anyone else other than himself.

However, since we are not actually concerned for public health, we are only concerned with vaccine compliance, we punish the kid who isn't vaccinated and reward the kid who is. Simple.

FYI Hep B is not spread like COVID, colds, the flu, etc.

Transmission in a school is highly unlikely.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 12:45 pm
Well, she's right.

Nothing to do with AIDS.

Not permitting children into elementary school who don't have the Hep-B vaccine is about meeting state targets for vaccination. Agree.... and Its ultimately about reducing overall Hep-B infection in the general population.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 1:39 pm
Well now there are free french fries for newly vaccinated people. That's what I call coercion Wink

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:01 pm
My question is do circumstances STILL exist to justify the emergency use of drugs and biological products during the COVID-19 pandemic.

How often is this evaluated?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Will there be a potent drug waiting for me on the other side, to pull me out of any sugar-induced diabetes?

You think eating a doughnut once is what gives people diabetes? No wonder people are so terrified of the vaccine.

shanie5

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:29 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Maybe it's the pharmaceutical industry that's behind the free daily donuts.

Lol!
Fyi: Krispy Kreme offered a free donut and coffee to those who choose not to vaccinate. But only every monday (until may 24).
I guess they are trying to keep the unvaxxed healthy their own way😅😅

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 3:57 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
FYI Hep B is not spread like COVID, colds, the flu, etc.

Transmission in a school is highly unlikely.

I know that.

BestBubby was using Hep B to prove a point which I merely explained: Government wants vaccine compliance; they do not care about public health. The Hep B situation highlights it in an obvious way, but it's evident in many other situations as well (for example, has been discussed in this thread earlier).

And I haven't seen mainstream people protest Hep B immunization requirements for school attendance based on the bolded sentence. Anyone who raises such a logical argument gets shot down as being a delusional and selfish anti-vaxxer. Just saying.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
You think eating a doughnut once is what gives people diabetes? No wonder people are so terrified of the vaccine.

Did she say that eating one donut will give someone diabetes? It's like people love mocking others for the fun of it. Go back and check what she was responding to.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Nothing to do with AIDS.

Not permitting children into elementary school who don't have the Heb-B vaccine is about meeting state targets for vaccination. Agree.... and Its ultimately about reducing overall Heb-B infection in the general population.

I know all that. You're saying exactly what I'm saying. It's all about vaccination, not public health. While we're aiming for state vaccination targets and reducing overall Hep B (which, btw, stands for Hepatitis so I don't know why you write Heb) we're missing the goal of public health, to have a public be healthy - which in its basic form is by keeping sick people away from healthy ones.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:14 pm
I just passed a truck (in Crown Heights) that said on the side and back that people should vaccinate because to save a life is to save the world. That's coercion because I had to read what it said on the truck and it was a NYC truck.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:15 pm
I know all that. You're saying exactly what I'm saying. It's all about vaccination, not public health. While we're aiming for state vaccination targets and reducing overall Hep B (which, btw, stands for Hepatitis so I don't know why you write Heb) we're missing the goal of public health, to have a public be healthy - which in its basic form is by keeping sick people away from healthy ones.

Except that Hep B is not communicable through casual contact, and in particular is not airborne.

Hep B is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluids from a person infected with the virus enters the body of someone who is not infected. This can happen through zexual contact; sharing needles, syringes, or other drug-injection equipment; or from mother to baby at birth. It cannot be spread through sharing utensils, or even kissing. It can, at least theoretically, be spread by direct contact with open sores of an infected person.

In other words, the risks of transmission in a school setting are practically zero (ETA) even in a non-vaccinated population, and zero in a vaccinated one.

The school mandate is a means to induce vaccination before teens might engage in risky behaviors.

So it is 100% about public health. Except you don't believe that vaccination promotes public health.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 4:20 pm

typo.

Agree to your basic definition. Disagree to 'basic form is by keeping sick people away from healthy ones'. That is merely one way of achieving it - especially useful in situations of diseases that are communicable by air.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Except that Hep B is not communicable through casual contact, and in particular is not airborne.

Hep B is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluids from a person infected with the virus enters the body of someone who is not infected. This can happen through zexual contact; sharing needles, syringes, or other drug-injection equipment; or from mother to baby at birth. It cannot be spread through sharing utensils, or even kissing. It can, at least theoretically, be spread by direct contact with open sores of an infected person.

In other words, the risks of transmission in a school setting are practically zero (ETA) even in a non-vaccinated population, and zero in a vaccinated one.

The school mandate is a means to induce vaccination before teens might engage in risky behaviors.

So it is 100% about public health. Except you don't believe that vaccination promotes public health.
Exactly! That's what I'm saying. The goal is vaccination, not health. If the goal would be health, we wouldn't mandate Hep B in a school setting.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 5:48 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
typo.

Agree to your basic definition. Disagree to 'basic form is by keeping sick people away from healthy ones'. That is merely one way of achieving it - especially useful in situations of diseases that are communicable by air.

One basic way that is not being done. Instead we enforce vaccinations (by excluding the unvaccinated), whether they make sense or not, whether they're good for the individual or not.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 6:09 pm
Exactly! That's what I'm saying. The goal is vaccination, not health. If the goal would be health, we wouldn't mandate Hep B in a school setting.

Vaccination for Hep B promotes health, because it prevents Hep B when the danger arises.

You cannot separate the goal of vaccination from the goal of public health. They're one and the same.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Some are predicting sky rocketing rates of type 1 diabetes and other auto immune diseases over the next few years now

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 13 2021, 7:32 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Some are predicting sky rocketing rates of type 1 diabetes and other auto immune diseases over the next few years now

That might happen due to excessive use of antiseptics. Vaccines actually slightly help prevent autoimmune diseases. (Hypothetically, getting pointlessly vaccinated against a different rare disease every week would be necessary for this effect to be significant.)
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics