Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those who say the vaccine isn’t coercion
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:30 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
healthy young people can get very sick from Covid-19 - especially the newer variants.

The likelihood of survival is still 99.7%
And the CDC doesn't even know if the vaccine guards against the newer variants. It wasn't tested.
Kind of like the flu vaccine. Every year there's a new variant that is resistant to the vaccine.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:32 pm
tichellady wrote:
I’m fine with people talking about other topics I’m just confused why this is upsetting to anyone. I really don’t get it.

You wrote: "And given what is going on in this world right now, you seem very narrowminded to be worrying about this."
That is what I was responding to.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:33 pm
small bean wrote:
No one has been wearing masks outside for months except in NY. It's not a thing in other states.

I know the CD gave permission now but it already wasn't being done.

Its a thing in California.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:33 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Not everyone who is at risk for serious complications from Covid can get a vaccine. For example, chemotherapy can wipe out immunity and reduce effectiveness of vaccines. It can be contraindicated for people with certain conditions.

Getting vaccinated adds to the buffer zone around such vulnerable people. In other words, protects others.

That is the very narrow exception to the rule. But yes, for those people they can say they’re protecting others. But for the other vast majority of the vaccinated population, they cannot.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:36 pm
Leahh wrote:
You wrote: "And given what is going on in this world right now, you seem very narrowminded to be worrying about this."
That is what I was responding to.

I wasn’t just talking about Israel, I’m also talking about how we are still in middle of a global pandemic and many are suffering all over the world right now and someone is complaining that some museums and parks are free to people who are vaccinated? What is there to complain about exactly?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:36 pm
Leahh wrote:
And the CDC doesn't even know if the vaccine guards against the newer variants. It wasn't tested.
Kind of like the flu vaccine. Every year there's a new variant that is resistant to the vaccine.

I'm correcting your misinformation. Covid-19 variants now are of a concern to a younger crowd.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:37 pm
Leahh wrote:

From what I understand about the flu vaccine, every year in Feb. they (WHO)look at all the infinity strands of flu then picks a grand total of 3 strands that will be the flu next year.

Drug Co. start making the vaccine. A good year they can get most of the strands right a bad year they can guess totally wrong.

youngishbear

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
That is the very narrow exception to the rule. But yes, for those people they can say they’re protecting others. But for the other vast majority of the vaccinated population, they cannot.

You won't always know when you're around such vulnerable people. So yes, contributing towards herd immunity is contributing towards public health and protecting others.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many NY attractions announced free admission for vaccinated people.
NY Aquarium, Bronx zoo, Botanical gardens, and many more.
Let’s continue to deny the fact that a brand new vaccine is being forced into our bloodstream in slow, nice , yet steady baby steps.
How do people still not see what’s 5 minutes ahead of them? So much limited vision.

Schools in NY will NOT require students and staff to vaccinate in the coming school year. Eventually it may be added to the list of required vaccines but not at the current time. Admission tickets in exchange for vaccines should bother people less than requiring proof of vaccination to enter a sports event but the current theory is that people who are all vaccinated can safely congregate as long as they don't include anyone who isn't vaccinated.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
but the current theory is that people who are all vaccinated can safely congregate as long as they don't include anyone who isn't vaccinated.

I do not follow the logic, would you mind please spelling it out? Who is the catchy one and who is at risk of getting ill? Or is it another reason?

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I'm correcting your misinformation. Covid-19 variants now are of a concern to a younger crowd.

Yes but still with a 99.7% survival rate.
And again, they do not know that vaccine protects against new variants.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:50 pm
Leahh wrote:
Yes but still with a 99.7% survival rate.
And again, they do not know that vaccine protects against new variants.

I don't think survival rate is a helpful number. What about hospitalization rate?

They know about what happened in the UK.

would you be okay with opening up the US to visitors from all countries?

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:51 pm
tichellady wrote:
I wasn’t just talking about Israel, I’m also talking about how we are still in middle of a global pandemic and many are suffering all over the world right now and someone is complaining that some museums and parks are free to people who are vaccinated? What is there to complain about exactly?

Sorry. The way it was worded I understood as it the situation in EY.
But also I don't understand it as a complaint that some museums are free to those who vaccinated. The complaint, the way I understand it, is the bribery (or whatever term you want to use) to try to convince people to vaccinate. The lengths being taken to convince people to vaccinate

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I don't think survival rate is a helpful number. What about hospitalization rate?

They know about what happened in the UK.

would you be okay with opening up the US to visitors from all countries?

What about hospitalization rate?
In NY show me which hospital has a large amount of COVID patients.
Many have recently amended their visitor policies because there are so few COVID patients.
I say this as a Healthcare worker.
The US is open to visitors from almost every country. And even the ones that are not allowed can get in illegally or via an allowable country. But what does that have to do with this anyway?

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:57 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I do not follow the logic, would you mind please spelling it out? Who is the catchy one and who is at risk of getting ill? Or is it another reason?

It's the same theory as with any vaccine that creates herd immunity. Not everyone is equally protected by vaccines. If all parties to an event are vaccinated, than if one person is not immune and has acquired the virus despite being vaccinated, he will be less likely to spread it to the others.

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It's the same theory as with any vaccine that creates herd immunity. Not everyone is equally protected by vaccines. If all parties to an event are vaccinated, than if one person is not immune and has acquired the virus despite being vaccinated, he will be less likely to spread it to the others.

Except there is no reason to believe that the vaccine creates longer immunity than natural infection. About 2/3yards of Americans had covid which means that many are immune without vaccination.

Other things we vaccinate before, we dont have such large parts of the population immune to it.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:00 pm
Leahh wrote:
What about hospitalization rate?
In NY show me which hospital has a large amount of COVID patients.
Many have recently amended their visitor policies because there are so few COVID patients.
I say this as a Healthcare worker.
The US is open to visitors from almost every country. And even the ones that are not allowed can get in illegally or via an allowable country. But what does that have to do with this anyway?

The US is not open to visitors from current COVID hot spots.

I'm not talking about the current situation in NY.

I'm curious about people who are not taking the vaccine if they are comfortable with the country truly opening up.

the vaccines aren't the only protective measures in place.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:00 pm
Leahh wrote:
Sorry. The way it was worded I understood as it the situation in EY.
But also I don't understand it as a complaint that some museums are free to those who vaccinated. The complaint, the way I understand it, is the bribery (or whatever term you want to use) to try to convince people to vaccinate. The lengths being taken to convince people to vaccinate

Do you think anyone who is antivax is going to change his/her mind to save $15 or get a free donut?

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Its a thing in California.

Correct I should of included them in that.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

Please quote a source for this.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics