Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those who say the vaccine isn’t coercion
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The US is not open to visitors from current COVID hot spots.

I'm not talking about the current situation in NY.

I'm curious about people who are not taking the vaccine if they are comfortable with the country truly opening up.

the vaccines aren't the only protective measures in place.

Anyone that truly wants to get in, can.
Yes, I'm OK with it

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:06 pm
small bean wrote:
Except there is no reason to believe that the vaccine creates longer immunity than natural infection. About 2/3yards of Americans had covid which means that many are immune without vaccination.

Other things we vaccinate before, we dont have such large parts of the population immune to it.

That's not true. Every vaccine when it's new has large parts of the population immune including polio, measles, mumps, and chickenpox, but carry on.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:08 pm
tichellady wrote:
Do you think anyone who is antivax is going to change his/her mind to save $15 or get a free donut?

People that are on the fence about it certainly will.
It also may make some people rethink their decision.
Someone that decided not to take it but then is constantly hearing about perks for those that do take it may be swayed. Not because of the perks. But because there must be a reason that establishments are going to such great lengths to offer perks. It makes one rethink their decision and whether the reason behind their decision is valid.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Please quote a source for this.

Figure 3 and Figure 5

https://health-infobase.canada......html

small bean

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
That's not true. Every vaccine when it's new has large parts of the population immune including polio, measles, mumps, and chickenpox, but carry on.

I'm talking today. I wouldn't of given them when they were new either. My policy is a minimum of 15 years before I take it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:14 pm
tichellady wrote:
I wasn’t just talking about Israel, I’m also talking about how we are still in middle of a global pandemic and many are suffering all over the world right now and someone is complaining that some museums and parks are free to people who are vaccinated? What is there to complain about exactly?

Wow, talk about being narrowminded.
Perhaps in the future you should refrain from personal attacks about stuff that you aren’t very good at either.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:15 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Figure 3 and Figure 5

https://health-infobase.canada......html

It does not account for the severity of the illness. Symptomatic or not. Hospitalized or not.
There is also a high number of those that traveled. If I understand correctly, anyone returning to Canada must take a test. The higher number of tests, the higher number of positives. And not all positives are created equal.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:16 pm
Leahh wrote:
It does not account for the severity of the illness. Symptomatic or not. Hospitalized or not.
There is also a high number of those that traveled. If I understand correctly, anyone returning to Canada must take a test. The higher number of tests, the higher number of positives. And not all positives are created equal.

Figure 5 - admissions to ICU.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:23 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Figure 5 - admissions to ICU.

Look at the low percentages.
And it's not ICU, it's hospitalization
Are you in Canada?
If yes, then why do you care if the US opens it's borders.
If not, then why are you citing Canadaian statistics for the situation in the US?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:30 pm
Leahh wrote:
Look at the low percentages.
And it's not ICU, it's hospitalization
Are you in Canada?
If yes, then why do you care if the US opens it's borders.
If not, then why are you citing Canadaian statistics for the situation in the US?

You can change it to ICU in figure 5, its a drop-down box.

I'm providing statics that Covid-19 impacts young people - as Forestgreen asked me to so.

Canada has recent easy to access statistics.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many NY attractions announced free admission for vaccinated people.
NY Aquarium, Bronx zoo, Botanical gardens, and many more.
Let’s continue to deny the fact that a brand new vaccine is being forced into our bloodstream in slow, nice , yet steady baby steps.
How do people still not see what’s 5 minutes ahead of them? So much limited vision.

You must get your facts straight...no one is being forced to take the vaccine.

Last year many Imamothers irresponsible behavior (refusing to mask & distance) certainly harmed and probably killed many Yidden. This year your irresponsible behavior (refusing to vaccinate) is your problem. Enjoy your vaccine free life and do NOT come on here to complain about how sick you are when you get Covid.

Leahh

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:48 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
You can change it to ICU in figure 5, its a drop-down box.

I'm providing statics that Covid-19 impacts young people - as Forestgreen asked me to so.

Canada has recent easy to access statistics.

Except that the conversation is really regarding the US and specifically NY.
I can bring statistics from Australia to show you how covid has been almost eradicated there. But it's irrelevant to this discussion.
Each country has their own way with dealing with covid and their numbers will reflect that.
Even in the US alone, states that are fully open with no mandates have very low numbers. But states with mandates are not reporting as low numbers. The WHO even admitted lockdowns are not helpful.
We're not comparing apples to apples when bringing statistics from another country with different rules and treatment protocols.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:49 pm
small bean wrote:
Except there is no reason to believe that the vaccine creates longer immunity than natural infection. About 2/3yards of Americans had covid which means that many are immune without vaccination.

Other things we vaccinate before, we dont have such large parts of the population immune to it.

I was told that the natural infection gives immunity for 5 to 8 months and the vaccine gives immunity for at least 6 months so I got my first dose of vaccine 5 months after I had the virus. That equals roughly a year of immunity.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:53 pm
Leahh wrote:
Except that the conversation is really regarding the US and specifically NY.
I can bring statistics from Australia to show you how covid has been almost eradicated there. But it's irrelevant to this discussion.
Each country has their own way with dealing with covid and their numbers will reflect that.
Even in the US alone, states that are fully open with no mandates have very low numbers. But states with mandates are not reporting as low numbers. The WHO even admitted lockdowns are not helpful.
We're not comparing apples to apples when bringing statistics from another country with different rules and treatment protocols.

If there are people in Canada in the ICU with Covid-19 who are young - this demonstrates that Covid-19 affects young people.

That's it.

That was the misinformation I was correcting.

(and the states aren't fully open... visitors are not allowed in from hot spots)

Persevere

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:03 am
small bean wrote:
I'm talking today. I wouldn't of given them when they were new either. My policy is a minimum of 15 years before I take it.

In 15 years, we will also have more data on the long-term effects of having had COVID-19 infection.

It is well-established that various infections (bacterial, fungal, and viral) can have life-long effects (such as inflammatory syndromes and organ damage). One common example that you're probably familiar with is how untreated strep A can turn into rheumatic heart disease in a small but significant percentage of cases.

I deeply hope this won't be the case with COVID, but it is unfortunately much more likely than long-term complications from this vaccine. We are already unfortunately seeing patients with "long COVID" which signifies that the virus is still impacting people in unknown ways, for months after the worst is over.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many NY attractions announced free admission for vaccinated people.
NY Aquarium, Bronx zoo, Botanical gardens, and many more.
Let’s continue to deny the fact that a brand new vaccine is being forced into our bloodstream in slow, nice , yet steady baby steps.
How do people still not see what’s 5 minutes ahead of them? So much limited vision.

Hi, OP. Just popped in to tell you I agree with you 110%. Because it's maddening when you're surrounded by people who are so scared that they are making horrible choices and so brainwashed that they don't even realize it and I just wanted to let you know some of us here get it.

But that's all I'm contributing to this conversation. I've just grown too tired of banging my head against the wall. These people just don't care. I can't engage with them anymore. Not here and not IRL either.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:12 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Hi, OP. Just popped in to tell you I agree with you 110%. Because it's maddening when you're surrounded by people who are so scared that they are making horrible choices and so brainwashed that they don't even realize it and I just wanted to let you know some of us here get it.

But that's all I'm contributing to this conversation. I've just grown too tired of banging my head against the wall. These people just don't care. I can't engage with them anymore. Not here and not IRL either.

Not sure why it's such a horrible choice. Having Covid was really horrible. I know someone who is on a ventilator due to Covid and it's two weeks already. It should be time to breathe by now. If this vaccine really prevents it, then I am a customer. (I did already take it).

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:16 am
southernbubby wrote:
Not sure why it's such a horrible choice. Having Covid was really horrible. I know someone who is on a ventilator due to Covid and it's two weeks already. It should be time to breathe by now. If this vaccine really prevents it, then I am a customer. (I did already take it).

Its a horrible choice because there are no long term studies and if you are young Covid won't kill you.

Persevere

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Its a horrible choice because there are no long term studies and if you are young Covid won't kill you.

Covid is actually more likely to kill you than the vaccine. There are also no long term studies on the chronic effects of COVID.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:24 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

Are there any long term studies on the effects of the virus? Why are you so sure the vaccine is worse than the virus? And I think we all know young people who died from the virus.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics