Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those who say the vaccine isn’t coercion
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:28 am
tichellady wrote:
Are there any long term studies on the effects of the virus? Why are you so sure the vaccine is worse than the virus? And I think we all know young people who died from the virus.

Not my personal view - but it seems to be the view on this thread and others.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:28 am
Rosie89 wrote:
They’re offering incentives—which is not the same as “coercion.” There is no force or threat involved.

I, for one, enjoyed my free donut at Krispy Kreme but knowing that I can get the donut wasn’t a deciding factor in choosing to get the vaccine.

Where were they offering this? I haven't heard about any of these incentives.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:22 am
NY has several incentives such as 2: weeks free use of city bikes. Regular drugstores used to give coupons for a percentage off on merchandise as a reward for getting the flu vaccine there. I am not sure how often people got vaccinated in order to get the coupon.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:38 am
Many of you are weighing the vaccine against covid. But for many who don't want the vaccine they already HAD covid! and either it was no big deal or they're still immune.
So they're weighing vaccine against nothing. If it's a choice of vaccine or covid, I understand choosing vaccine (even though I personally wouldn't) but when it's a choice of vaccine or nothing, why shouldn't someone in their right mind rather choose nothing?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Amazing how they literally need to bribe people to take this vaccine. If the vaccine was so great wouldn't people be running to get it instead of needing to be bribed to take it?

If your child's steep medicine was so great why wouldn't your child be running to take it?

Just like kids many of the adults don't feel or understand that it's for their own good.

Laiya

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:54 am
southernbubby wrote:
I was told that the natural infection gives immunity for 5 to 8 months and the vaccine gives immunity for at least 6 months so I got my first dose of vaccine 5 months after I had the virus. That equals roughly a year of immunity.

Not that natural immunity disappears after 8 months, but that people who had covid 8 months ago are still immune, so therefore we can presume immunity lasts at least 8 months.

One smallish study found that only a minority (I think 13%) of seniors who were vaccinated had any T-cell response following vaccination. I would like to see a comparison on that specifically, T-cell immunity stratified by age, comparing natural immunity to vaccine. I don't know if such a study has been done.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:08 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If your child's steep medicine was so great why wouldn't your child be running to take it?

Just like kids many of the adults don't feel or understand that it's for their own good.

I'm not sure why you are comparing a child's intellect and decision making process to an adult's

mig100

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, talk about being narrowminded.
Perhaps in the future you should refrain from personal attacks about stuff that you aren’t very good at either.

anyone else find this comment to be the bizarre comment of the century??

your quoted text was not an attack at all

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Many NY attractions announced free admission for vaccinated people.
NY Aquarium, Bronx zoo, Botanical gardens, and many more.
Let’s continue to deny the fact that a brand new vaccine is being forced into our bloodstream in slow, nice , yet steady baby steps.
How do people still not see what’s 5 minutes ahead of them? So much limited vision.

Are you being forced to go to these attractions? I haven't been to any of them in years; my kids are older.

They're not even refusing admission to non-vaccinated people.

And yes, I see what's 5 minutes ahead. Hundreds of thousands more dead if we don't deal with this plague.

fleetwood

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:34 pm
Leahh wrote:
Rightfully so!
Why does a healthy, young person need it?
Or a person that already has immunity?

Bec young healthy people die from covid sometimes..I don't want to play those odds..do you?

mig100

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Are you being forced to go to these attractions? I haven't been to any of them in years; my kids are older.

And yes, I see what's 5 minutes ahead. Hundreds of thousands more dead if we don't deal with this plague.

thank you! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

just adding- some of these attractions were very hard to get into since they were limiting people. It will probably be easier for non-vaccinated people to get in now, since they wont be including the vaccinated people in their count for the limit.

Last edited by mig100 on Wed, May 12 2021, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:44 pm
Laiya wrote:
Not that natural immunity disappears after 8 months, but that people who had covid 8 months ago are still immune, so therefore we can presume immunity lasts at least 8 months.

One smallish study found that only a minority (I think 13%) of seniors who were vaccinated had any T-cell response following vaccination. I would like to see a comparison on that specifically, T-cell immunity stratified by age, comparing natural immunity to vaccine. I don't know if such a study has been done.

This is why I stacked it instead of just relying on my antibodies.

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 12:45 pm
[quote="mig100"]
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

And yes, I see what's 5 minutes ahead. Hundreds of thousands more dead if we don't deal with this plague.[/quote

thank you! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Yeah, that's the whole point.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:48 pm
In Ohio, You can now be put into a raffle to win 1 million dollars if you get vaxxed in the next 2 weeks!
Anyone changing their minds?!

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
In Ohio, You can now be put into a raffle to win 1 million dollars if you get vaxxed in the next 2 weeks!
Anyone changing their minds?!

Nice!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Many of you are weighing the vaccine against covid. But for many who don't want the vaccine they already HAD covid! and either it was no big deal or they're still immune.
So they're weighing vaccine against nothing. If it's a choice of vaccine or covid, I understand choosing vaccine (even though I personally wouldn't) but when it's a choice of vaccine or nothing, why shouldn't someone in their right mind rather choose nothing?

I had Covid in March 2020 and still had antibodies when I got the vaccine in January, so I guess you can say I wasn’t “in my right mind.”

Reasons why I got it (not necessarily in order):
1. I wanted to go to Israel and I knew there was a good chance being vaccinated would be a requirement. I would also like to travel to other countries, if I can (I typically visit 2-3 countries a year, pre-Covid).
2. My workplace was very strict regarding Covid regulations and because I am fully vaccinated, I no longer have to test, quarantine, or wear a mask.
3. Antibodies don’t last forever and I wanted to get the vaccine before I didn’t have antibodies anymore—because I didn’t want to test my antibodies every six weeks, I didn’t want to risk losing my antibodies and not knowing and then getting sick.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:26 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Since when have Adults been stripped of their rights to make their own medical decisions?

Are we officially all slaves or children now?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:27 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

So, LoveHashem, you want the government to tell you what you can and can't eat?

And what time you have to go to sleep?

It's "for your own good" so why not?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 9:29 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Bec young healthy people die from covid sometimes..I don't want to play those odds..do you?

Healthy young people die from the Covid vaccine sometimes...I don't want to play those odds.

And NOBODY KNOWS what the long-term effects of the vaccine is - especially regarding
causing sterility or cancer.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I had Covid in March 2020 and still had antibodies when I got the vaccine in January, so I guess you can say I wasn’t “in my right mind.”

Reasons why I got it (not necessarily in order):
1. I wanted to go to Israel and I knew there was a good chance being vaccinated would be a requirement. I would also like to travel to other countries, if I can (I typically visit 2-3 countries a year, pre-Covid).
2. My workplace was very strict regarding Covid regulations and because I am fully vaccinated, I no longer have to test, quarantine, or wear a mask.
3. Antibodies don’t last forever and I wanted to get the vaccine before I didn’t have antibodies anymore—because I didn’t want to test my antibodies every six weeks, I didn’t want to risk losing my antibodies and not knowing and then getting sick.

Don't misread. Because posters here are denying that the vaccine is coercion, they were giving reasons for people to WANT the vaccine on their own because it's better than having Covid. Hence my comment of people with antibodies not wanting the vaccine are in their right mind. I did NOT say you or people like you are not in their right mind.

1. Prime example of vaccine coercion.
2. It's a matter of convenience, not health. And another example of vaccine coercion because according to logic, you should have been able to be lax on all those things whilst having antibodies.
3. Assumptions. Assumption that covid antibodies don't last and another assumption that vaccine antibodies do last.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics