Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Avenue L Mikvah

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 8:53 pm
Has anyone seen the new section of the mikvah? Is it open yet? Anytime I go, I'm always sent to one of the old rooms... what's going on?

amother
Silver

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 8:54 pm
Request a new a room

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 8:57 pm
You're speaking from personal experience? Are they connected to new mikvahs also? Would love a change of scenery over there...

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 9:05 pm
I've been in the new section 2 or 3 times. Could be cause I go ready to dip? I never requested it specifically.
They are connected to a new mikvah.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 9:06 pm
Personally have been sent to the new rooms. Maybe you were there at a very busy time and did not have an appointment? (I have been given new room without appt but maybe was not as busy) The rooms and hallways from new room to Bor are brand new and really nice. I would assume the actual Bor has been updated as well but did not notice that.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 9:35 pm
Last few months I requested baths and had new rooms. I didnt even know old rooms open.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 10:30 pm
I didn’t even know there were new rooms! What are they like

amother
Jade

Post Sat, May 15 2021, 10:59 pm
I know they put a lot of work into it bit I'm still not impressed. I could never figure out how to turn the new bath / shower on. No sign explaining how to either. They could have done a better job with the rooms as well. I just dont like the whole experience there

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 16 2021, 6:38 am
Some baths in new rooms are tiny like good for a shower. Some are deeper. If you aren't comfortable or happy with the room ask to change.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:32 pm
Bumping this
What’s the overall experience like at this mikvah?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:35 pm
I've gotten the new rooms plenty of times. They are definitely nicer than the old ones, but obviously just as small and cramped.
Also I don't think they replaced the bathtubs, they look old and all scratched up.

Overall though I am happy going there. There is never a wait for a room or for tevillah, and the mikvah ladies never (or rarely) ask to check

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:51 pm
Anyone else find that the water there is never hot?!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 5:53 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Anyone else find that the water there is never hot?!

I dunno...I go every 4 weeks and the water is always hot. Never had an issue with that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries