Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Stroller fashion advice
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:07 pm
Hi all!
so I'm baruch hashem expecting a baby in a couple of weeks,and looking into strollers. I was leaning towards the Mima because I loved the style and leather look.
My friend told me that Mima isn't really 'in' any longer...wonder if thats true ?

I like to fit in, look fashionable yet still have my own taste- so I like the bugaboo look as well, but dislike it's ubiquitousness and that its not leather (especially bec I want a classy black stroller and bugaboo in black is just blah...)
so, my question is twofold, anyone know how fashionable or not Mima is ? (in the frum world obvs. in the general world it's considered very stylish)
And, if any of you know if and where I can order custom made stroller if I do decide to go with the ever-classic Bugaboo.
(so here's a disclaimer just because:
yes, we can afford it bh. this is a baby we've waited for over five years bh, and I Really want something beautiful. )

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:19 pm
I look at strollers as a piece of equipment, and not a fashion accessory.

I have no comment on the specific models you mentioned, but I'd recommend selecting the most practical stroller for your needs, and then select a color and fabric that suits you.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:42 pm
I'm assuming you're in the US. Have you looked/considered some of the british brands? Silver cross is a really good brand and they have gorgeous special edition versions. Icandy and mamas and papas also have special edition versions that look really nice.
Bugaboo donkey special edition looks nicer than chameleon imo.

Silver cross have a few different models, but just for example, the pioneer special edition
https://www.johnlewis.com/silv.....01621

And if you like the mima, a similar style look is the babystyle Egg
https://www.direct4baby.co.uk/.....ystem

TBH, I'm into function and don't have money to spend this much on a stroller, but most brands have special edition models of their strollers which are a nicer fabric/chassis and looks much more high end.
The mima also isn't a long term stroller-the seat is very small and won't last that long.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:50 pm
The mima is gorgeous!!!! Stunning! But not super functional like the bugaboo so kinda fell outta favor in frum circles.
You can order custom bugaboo canopy’s on Etsy. I’m guessing ur in the mood of going over the top and being extra. Do wtvr makes u happy...

Btw did u look into stokke? Another cool brand to consider.. you can google luxury strollers and you’ll have a plethora of options

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:56 pm
No advice on strollers, but I am so so happy for you! Hashem should bentch you with a lot of nachas from your baby!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:59 pm
When I bought my stroller 2 years ago, I was debating between the mima xari and the silver cross wave. I ended up going with silver cross because it was much easier to use, moved around smoother, had a much higher weight limit (55lb for main seat instead of the 37lb for mima) so I could use it longer, and I also liked that it could be a double stroller. My car seat was also able to attach which was great

I am so so happy with it and use it still. Its also a very fashionable stroller and still looks great 2 years later.

Personally, no one has had babies recently in my more well off crowd that would be able to afford the nicer strollers so I cant comment as to whats currently "in", but I dont think its changed too much. Silvercross, Bugaboo, Mima, etc.

You can go to one of the high end jewish baby stores and see what models they are carrying. I recommend testing them out anyways, because while you can pick one thats in and fashionable, you also want to go with the one that has the best functionality for you. It will end up being so much more important, so dont just pick it based on looks

bunchagirlies

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:00 pm
bugaboo fox has an all black option, and I believe handle is leather. Lynx has a black frame option with the gray fabric, or black fabric with silver frame. I have the chameleon for years and absolutely love it!! I'd never buy another brand if I can afford a bugaboo. 5th baby in it now.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:04 pm
I've always had Stokke which is very stylish, superior materials and not as ubiquitous as Bugaboo. I think you cam buy textile sets for it.

I think Mima is stunning, I would definitely get it for my next baby.
Have no clue what is in now though.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:06 pm
The mima is very fashionable.

But it’s horribly impractical.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:12 pm
I like the uppababy vista and you can do a lot to customize it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:19 pm
hey ladies
thanks for your replies!!
so confused now lol. like of course practical- its is important but there's always the cute ubiquitous Doona for that ,no? honestly, I don't want a stroller thats super unpractical but really, really want something pretty and fashionable to stroll around with. will be using a doona for the real stuff anyways.

Any fashionable in town ladies can chime in? would love to hear from you

TCR

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hey ladies
so confused now lol. like of course practical- its is important but there's always the cute ubiquitous Doona for that ,no? honestly, I don't want a stroller thats super unpractical but really, really want something pretty and fashionable to stroll around with. will be using a doona for the real stuff anyways.

https://silvercrossus.com/prod.....ller/

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:24 pm
Check these out for the extremely unique and different-
https://www.momsstrollerreview.....made/

https://theverybesttop10.com/b.....gies/

OP-I think you would find it helpful to go into a local store and look at the strollers in person. Also you can walk along the sidewalk and watch what people are pushing their babies in. Any fashion stroller is usually not that practical. Practical is a city mini which folds really easily and is lightweight and small footprint.
Fashionable is big and bulky, might look pretty but is usually hard to fold and heavier.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:24 pm
I’m not the person for stroller fashion advice but in regards to your point about a doona being practical - it isn’t practical, as a stroller. It’s a carseat. Practicality in a stroller would mean a large basket, wheels that make it push and navigate nicely, good sunshade, etc. No idea about the mima so not commenting on that. Just saying that the doona won’t be a good daily practical stroller either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Check these out for the extremely unique and different-
https://www.momsstrollerreview.....made/

https://theverybesttop10.com/b.....gies/

OP-I think you would find it helpful to go into a local store and look at the strollers in person. Also you can walk along the sidewalk and watch what people are pushing their babies in. Any fashion stroller is usually not that practical. Practical is a city mini which folds really easily and is lightweight and small footprint.
Fashionable is big and bulky, might look pretty but is usually hard to fold and heavier.

so Im oot. If I'd live in boro park I'd just hop into the shop ...

Window

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:31 pm
Functional is really important
Will it be going into your trunk a lot? Then you want something smaller
Will you be off-roading/jogging, then you might want a jogging stroller. bob is best for that
Are you going to be strolling around town with it all day long and you need a humongous basket?
Do you want it to be compatible with your car seat for easy click in?
(Btw, if you’re looking to spend a lot, I’d say to look into the clek liing car seat. It has many extra added safety features. It might be the safest car seat out there)
How long do you see yourself pushing a baby around in a stroller? Some strollers can carry up to 65 pounds.
Will you be lifting it up and down stairs/in and out of the trunk? Then you want something lightweight
It would be such a waste of $1000 to get something fashionable, that doesn’t fit your needs

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:32 pm
SMH

No, momma, just no

I have a baby I waited for for 5 years too. But I had IVF not a lobotomy. Pick the stroller that works for your needs. Everyone’s needs are different. But a stroller is not a fashion symbol. Neither will your baby be. Practicality always reins.

Window

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:34 pm
Buy buy baby is a good place to check out. They have 20 and 40 lb sacks to test out how the push is with a kid inside

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so Im oot. If I'd live in boro park I'd just hop into the shop ...

That's a shame. Are there any baby stores, jewish or not? I know we have small independent baby stores even in small oot places.
Do you have any friends/ppl you know with any of the strollers so you can see it in real? I found a lot of the strollers look a lot larger in a small house than they do in a big store anyway.
Otherwise, you could just take the leap and order something. Make sure it has a good returns policy. You won't need the stroller right at the beginning anyway.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hey ladies

Just to comment on the Doona- its really not that practical. Unless you are the type of woman who takes ubers/cabs all the time and needs less to travel with. Or if you are flying somewhere maybe.

Otherwise, the Doona is not that great. Its an infant car seat, so it usually only lasts a year or so. It also is not the best as a car seat, or the best as a stroller. Its only benefit in my opinion would be if you had one of the top two scenarios or something similar
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics