Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Stroller fashion advice
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
SMH

No, momma, just no

I have a baby I waited for for 5 years too. But I had IVF not a lobotomy. Pick the stroller that works for your needs. Everyone’s needs are different. But a stroller is not a fashion symbol. Neither will your baby be. Practicality always reins.

hear ya.
I do have a hankering for fashion. LOL guess thats a need of mine....
Cant see myself pushing a stroller I hate no matter how practical it is... and MIma isn't a piece of junk or they'd be selling for 300 dollars...
just wanted to hear if its in.
(and yes, I'm starting to feel silly asking a bunch of fashion advice questions. I'm normal. partly intelligent and also love Hashem. im also defensive of all things fashion, yet find fashion shallow- but hey its fun!)

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:42 pm
I love fashion as much as the next girl but when it comes to babies, functionality is a lot more important.
You’ll see.
There are other awesome (just as pricey) strollers out there- you don’t have to hate your stroller.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:54 pm
https://www.dior.com/en_us/pro.....aw.ds

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:59 pm
This Versace stroller is also something special. https://www.versace.com/eu/en/......html

These are great shabbos strollers.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:59 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Just to comment on the Doona- its really not that practical. Unless you are the type of woman who takes ubers/cabs all the time and needs less to travel with. Or if you are flying somewhere maybe.

Otherwise, the Doona is not that great. Its an infant car seat, so it usually only lasts a year or so. It also is not the best as a car seat, or the best as a stroller. Its only benefit in my opinion would be if you had one of the top two scenarios or something similar

Doona is for someone that doesn't have a car.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hear ya.
I do have a hankering for fashion. LOL guess thats a need of mine....
Cant see myself pushing a stroller I hate no matter how practical it is... and MIma isn't a piece of junk or they'd be selling for 300 dollars...
just wanted to hear if its in.
(and yes, I'm starting to feel silly asking a bunch of fashion advice questions. I'm normal. partly intelligent and also love Hashem. im also defensive of all things fashion, yet find fashion shallow- but hey its fun!)

I hear you. I’m not saying to buy a super uncool stroller (evenflo?) but all the high end strollers (bugaboo, uppababy, cybex, silver cross, etc etc) are beautiful. Personal taste is totally fine! But that’s different than choosing the hottest, coolest stroller that may look amazing but doesn’t meet your needs (terrible fold, small basket are 2 random examples )

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:02 pm
Anyway. That was fun to see how over the top strollers can get. Bshaa tova, enjoy your baby and all the fun baby gear b'nachat.

I'll never forget the time my oldest fell out of the stroller. He was maybe 6 mths old. I called the doctor and he asked me what kind of stroller it was. I couldn't believe him. "My baby just fell and you want to know what kind of stroller????" "Yes avrahamama I need to know how high off the ground your baby's seat was. Some of these strollers are really high up and more dangerous."

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:04 pm
avrahamama wrote:
https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-0WBL51STR7_Y38I-stroller-blue-and-beige-water-repellent-canvas-with-dior-oblique-print?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp0WBL51STR7_Y38I_TU&sc_intid=0WBL51STR7_Y38I_TU&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh_eFBhDZARIsALHjIKcuzqBWi_TTipL5NvOUVMjonR1oPybQiqMcf5PEu89VGZs9bHkILFwaAvi5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like it ! the price point is .....lol

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:04 pm
In regard to practicality and fashion https://www.bugaboo.com/us-en/......html this limited edition one is beautiful in real life, zoom in to see the real fabric.
And it's a super practical stroller so you get them all, there are some other limited edition colors that are really nice too.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:05 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Doona is for someone that doesn't have a car.

The doona is for any frequent traveler who wants the convenience of not having to transfer the baby from a carseat to a stroller. Own a car or not, if you go in and out of cars often and don't want to use a snap n go, it’s helpful. Not a must and not practical for much else. A snap n go works for this purpose also. It is not meant to be used once the baby is past 18 months at most and for most babies, not past 12 months.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I like it ! the price point is .....lol

You can the bassinet one for 7,700

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:09 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
In regard to practicality and fashion https://www.bugaboo.com/us-en/......html this limited edition one is beautiful in real life, zoom in to see the real fabric.
And it's a super practical stroller so you get them all, there are some other limited edition colors that are really nice too.

thanks! checking it out

imaima

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:11 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Anyway. That was fun to see how over the top strollers can get. Bshaa tova, enjoy your baby and all the fun baby gear b'nachat.

I'll never forget the time my oldest fell out of the stroller. He was maybe 6 mths old. I called the doctor and he asked me what kind of stroller it was. I couldn't believe him. "My baby just fell and you want to know what kind of stroller????" "Yes avrahamama I need to know how high off the ground your baby's seat was. Some of these strollers are really high up and more dangerous."

I like when the seat is high up and baby does not meet dogs or smell gas. Also more comfortable for the adult. But you do have to buckle them up...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:12 pm
avrahamama wrote:
You can the bassinet one for 7,700

even better... Im sure there must be pricier ones out there...what do the real rich ones get? 7,700 is a joke... mortgage anyone?

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks! checking it out

I don't have this color but I do have the stroller itself and I have only good things to say about it, feel free to ask questions as I vote it 10/10 in practical AND fashion!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:15 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I don't have this color but I do have the stroller itself and I have only good things to say about it, feel free to ask questions as I vote it 10/10 in practical AND fashion!

thanks!
I have this thing for black. love love black. so my question is if this would be pretty in black? I rarely if ever, see black Bugaboos on the street..and when I do its old ones...
did you order it on store or online? what was the process like/ how long did it take to receive your order?

emzod42

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:17 pm
If you can't find a boutique, go to Buy Buy Baby to try out strollers. We did this and they had someone there who was really knowledgeable and helpful. Also I think Nordstrom sells some of the high end ones.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I like the uppababy vista and you can do a lot to customize it.

I just bought this it’s quite in style lots of people are buying it! I love it

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks!
I have this thing for black. love love black. so my question is if this would be pretty in black? I rarely if ever, see black Bugaboos on the street..and when I do its old ones...
did you order it on store or online? what was the process like/ how long did it take to receive your order?

Just consider what it will be like for the baby to sit in a black leather stroller in the summer, fall, and spring. Again, be practical. Babies and black is not a thing you see often for a few reasons and that may be why you almost never see an all black bugaboo. The baby will bake in the sun in an all black leather stroller.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks!
You can check out bloomindales or nordstrom online they sell all the nice strollers and you can return if you dont like it. I got the silver cross wave eclipse for my long awaited baby (not born yet bought it in second trimester because I was obsessing over researching strollers and needed to get it out of my mind.) the selling point is the 3d textured fabric and all black. Another stroller you might want to look into is the Thule Sleek. Its also all black beautiful stroller, but a bit of a sporty look
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics