Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Stroller fashion advice
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hear ya.
I do have a hankering for fashion. LOL guess thats a need of mine....
Cant see myself pushing a stroller I hate no matter how practical it is... and MIma isn't a piece of junk or they'd be selling for 300 dollars...
just wanted to hear if its in.
(and yes, I'm starting to feel silly asking a bunch of fashion advice questions. I'm normal. partly intelligent and also love Hashem. im also defensive of all things fashion, yet find fashion shallow- but hey its fun!)

Theres nothing wrong with wanting a fashionable stroller and you shouldnt feel silly. I was the same way when I was picking mine out. It is important to get something practical for you though, but a lot of the nice strollers can be so you just need to find the one thats best for you

The Mima to me was not that practical. It couldnt last too long because of the weight limits, it didnt have that much basket space, and it didnt move around so easily. For me it was worthwhile going with another fashion forward stroller which I also loved that had so many more benefits for me and I could get more use out of for the same price

I think its ok to find the balance, to want something that looks good but also works well. Its something you'll use a lot so you have to keep in mind that you want something that will make your life easier, not harder. A stroller that isnt practical for you will only cause frustration, no matter how gorgeous it is. But like I said, there are a lot of really nice options out there that can be really functional too, and of course functionality depends on the person and what needs are important for them.

My Silver Cross is definitely heavier than the lightweight, compact strollers. But its still light enough that I can carry it and pick it up, or get it up stairs etc. It may not be super compact when it folds up, but it fits in my trunk (SUV) leaving me still plenty of room. It also fits in my DHs compact trunk, so I never have to worry about that. I dont mind the extra 5 or 10 pounds and a little bigger chasis, In fact its something I appreciate when Im walking around and feel like my stroller is more sturdy.

You'll never know your preferences until you try some out though, so find a store that has strollers (maybe even nordstrom, they usually have a lot on display including the mima, bugaboo, and Silver Cross) and test drive

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks!
I have this thing for black. love love black. so my question is if this would be pretty in black? I rarely if ever, see black Bugaboos on the street..and when I do its old ones...
did you order it on store or online? what was the process like/ how long did it take to receive your order?

Yes, this is a different type of black, my friend has it, in real life it looks like a more washed out black/denimy fabric, it's really hard to explain but very beautiful. It's a limited edition as it has the fully black stroller frame, black leather on the handlebar, black wheelcaps etc. Bugaboo is entirely customizable, you can get different colored wheelcaps, I've seen this stroller with the purple or the wooden caps and it looks really cool!
I got my stroller in Mega Babies BP so I don't know how it works ordering online, but the company has amazing service, when I had a warranty issue the replacement part was by my door 3 days later.
How far away from the frum areas do you live? Jewish stores might not have an issue shipping to you if it's not that far and you might get a better price, tax exempt etc

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks!
I have this thing for black. love love black. so my question is if this would be pretty in black? I rarely if ever, see black Bugaboos on the street..and when I do its old ones...
did you order it on store or online? what was the process like/ how long did it take to receive your order?

I've seen plenty of black bugaboos around here in Israel.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:35 pm
Did you look into the cyber Priam? Very pretty more sleek than the bugaboo

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:45 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
In regard to practicality and fashion https://www.bugaboo.com/us-en/......html this limited edition one is beautiful in real life, zoom in to see the real fabric.
And it's a super practical stroller so you get them all, there are some other limited edition colors that are really nice too.

I haven't read past this post, just wanted to say I have the bugaboo bee in this fabric, black wash.
I'm in love with it.
I bought it from my local store, one I wanted the bee because for me it was the most practical plus I love how it looks. I wanted a classy black stroller but like you I felt the black bugaboo are kind of boring. The saleslady showed me this online, and she had a tiny square of the fabric as the sample. I went for it even though I hadn't seen it in real life, and when it arrived I was so happy, it looked even nicer than the pictures. I got it with the all black frame with black leather handle bar and it just looks so cool.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:54 pm
watergirl wrote:
Just consider what it will be like for the baby to sit in a black leather stroller in the summer, fall, and spring. Again, be practical. Babies and black is not a thing you see often for a few reasons and that may be why you almost never see an all black bugaboo. The baby will bake in the sun in an all black leather stroller.

Regarding this point, the bugaboo black wash fabric is a sort of denim -y, thick fabric, not a sweaty kind of fabric at all. It does look very high end. I had the old cameleon in black, that was sweaty for the baby, but this black wash fabric is nothing like it. It also has all these hidden mesh parts that allows the air to flow through.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:25 pm
my friend has the mima and regrets it
she says its not practical at all

I have the doona bc im in and out of my car everyday with the baby, its good for wuick errands. but its rly annoying with no basket, sun is always in babys face etc. its not going to be ur stroller bc it wasnt made for that!

imho I think bugaboo is a very sleek look more than uppababy.

especially in grey melange.

ETA: I was dead set on getting black! I thought the fox looked so much more chic. and my dh told me that black attracts heat and grey is such a modern color and I think its quite fab now bh. my SIL in israel think its the classiest stroller

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
my friend has the mima and regrets it
she says its not practical at all

I have the doona bc im in and out of my car everyday with the baby, its good for wuick errands. but its rly annoying with no basket, sun is always in babys face etc. its not going to be ur stroller bc it wasnt made for that!

imho I think bugaboo is a very sleek look more than uppababy.

especially in grey melange.

ETA: I was dead set on getting black! I thought the fox looked so much more chic. and my dh told me that black attracts heat and grey is such a modern color and I think its quite fab now bh. my SIL in israel think its the classiest stroller

It’s funny the bugaboo looks very clunky to me compared to the uppababy and also not so in style anymore in my neighborhood.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:41 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
It’s funny the bugaboo looks very clunky to me compared to the uppababy and also not so in style anymore in my neighborhood.

where are you from?
in my circles its not really a thing to get uppababy. I find that my friends that are modox have uppababy but my sem friends and friends in e"y all have bugaboos

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:42 pm
OMG. The things I read on Imamother. Stroller fashion! Shabbos strollers!

meme6

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:08 am
The uppa baby you will see by the celebrities very big in Manhattan and California etc It’s definitely better quality then the bugaboo. I’m loving it and I love the look.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:41 am
where are you from?
in my circles its not really a thing to get uppababy. I find that my friends that are modox have uppababy but my sem friends and friends in e"y all have bugaboos

I didn't realize stroller choices were a hashkafic statement.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:48 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
OMG. The things I read on Imamother. Stroller fashion! Shabbos strollers!

I was joking when I said shabbos stroller. LOL

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:00 am
The bumbleride looks nice.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:07 am
Hi OP! I waited 11 years for my baby BH, and I also wanted to splurge on a gorgeous stroller. I happen to have specifically not wanted black, but ended up with at least a black bassinet because that’s the only color it came in for the stroller I chose. I was very close to buying the bugaboo fox, but ultimately I did a ton of research and ended up with the rose gold cybex priam (although it comes in fully black too!)
It’s gorgeous, and the bugaboo doesn’t come close in my opinion, although that’s definitely a matter of taste. The thing with strollers is that if you’re splurging you should get looks and function. My friends with the mima hated it and said it pushes terribly. I can assure you, you want a stroller that pushes smoothly. The fox and Priam are the best full size strollers out there right now. Personally I hate getting what everyone else has, and the Priam is still quite unique in my circles. I get tons of compliments on it.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:33 am
I love kids fashion and nice stuff. That being said, as a newly pregnant first time mom around 14 years ago, I was insistent on a specific stroller. I thought it was gorgeous and a must have. The woman in the store was trying to tell me not to go for it, bugaboos we’re pretty new then, and all the rage, but we were set on this other stroller. Sure enough, I got it, and it was awful. I couldn’t open and close it on my own, it didn’t push nicely, it was a disaster. By the next child I got a bugaboo. It lasted years and more then one child, washed beautifully, the push is amazing. The basket isn’t that great, but I didn’t often take it to the grocery store with me anyways so wasn’t that of a con for me. Anyway, point being, the practicality of a stroller is very important, and however cutesy it is, the push, durability, ease of use etc is definitely of higher importance here! But there are nice looking strollers that will do it for you.. a few of my neighbors have the silver cross, they love it..
Anyway beshaa Tova, feel good and enjoy every moment!

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:46 am
B'sha'ah tovah, OP.

You might think that anything over a certain price point would be well made, but that's sadly not always true.

Listen to folks here. Go with the stroller that WORKS the best. Folds well, wheels well, is easy to get baby in and out of.

When you only have a small amount of sleep, and Baby is screaming again, and you're wrestling with a recalcitrant stroller, you're not going to be wanting the most fashionable, unless it's what can get everyone happier, as fast as possible. Maybe some people using the expensive models have nannies to do all that wrestling. Maybe you do, too. But it's not a good idea.

Save your money for a top photographer to get some highly fashionable mother and baby pics for posterity. But for a stroller, go with something that you like, with a great practical reputation.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:55 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
I love kids fashion and nice stuff. That being said, as a newly pregnant first time mom around 14 years ago, I was insistent on a specific stroller. I thought it was gorgeous and a must have. The woman in the store was trying to tell me not to go for it, bugaboos we’re pretty new then, and all the rage, but we were set on this other stroller. Sure enough, I got it, and it was awful. I couldn’t open and close it on my own, it didn’t push nicely, it was a disaster. By the next child I got a bugaboo. It lasted years and more then one child, washed beautifully, the push is amazing. The basket isn’t that great, but I didn’t often take it to the grocery store with me anyways so wasn’t that of a con for me. Anyway, point being, the practicality of a stroller is very important, and however cutesy it is, the push, durability, ease of use etc is definitely of higher importance here! But there are nice looking strollers that will do it for you.. a few of my neighbors have the silver cross, they love it..
Anyway beshaa Tova, feel good and enjoy every moment!

This reminds me of a woman dead set on wearing stilettos to a wedding. Sure they look great but the wedding is a garden party and the heels keep sinking in the grass. Everyone else is in platforms are flats, still fashionable but also functional, and are far happier with their choice. Stilettos will look great it but you’ll regret wearing them

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:02 am
DrMom wrote:
I didn't realize stroller choices were a hashkafic statement.

You've been on this site long enough to know that in some places, EVERYTHING is a hashkafic statement. Not a good thing.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:53 am
where are you from?

That’s because the modox people are supporting themselves and the honeymooners in Israel are being supported 😆
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics