Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Real diamond vs lab grown re: for kallah
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:32 pm
scruffy wrote:
I asked my chosson. He didn't have any opinions but why not make him happy if there was something he wanted?

I chose my ring setting myself...

I'm not referring to style, I'm referring to brand names. You can have two the same style watches, but pay hundreds more for the brand name. You can/should definitely ask the other what style he or she prefers as they'll be the ones wearing it, but in regards to brand names and quality of diamonds it is the buyer who decides how much money to front.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:38 pm
Lovable wrote:
This is ok as long as you let her know that the diamond is lab grown. Otherwise it is like fooling her
And if you feel comfortable enough investing in a lab grown piece, you should have no issue telling the kalla this

I agree that the kallah should know what she received. But I think the mindset about lab grown diamonds is on the wrong track. Lab grown diamonds are real authentic diamonds, just grown in a different environment. They are far from cheap, I believe a 1 carat is around $2K or so. It's not like you're giving the kallah a fake worthless CZ stone. You're giving her an expensive ring, albeit one that is currently ranked a bit less than an actual diamond.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:41 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
That’s true, and thanks for womansplaining me, because it gives me all the feels.

This is a different scenario. Op went to look at diamonds with a particular budget in mind. Then she saw the lab grown diamonds and is asking if she can save money in that way. I don’t think it’s fair to reduce the budget.

Why not? The wedding expenses are outrageous today, and if someone feels she can save a couple of hundreds of dollars by buying something that looks equally as nice, why shouldn't she go for it?

I think its wrong for 18-22 year old kallahs to have the expectations of receiving jewelry in the tens of thousands of dollars without contributing to their own wedding expenses (and even more so, if they're expecting support).

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
I agree with that. This is a gift from Chosson to Kallah - that the parents are paying for. You don't generally get a say in your own gifts. I don't think even in the secular world, it is the norm for the bride to have a say with what ring the groom proposes with.

If the kallah prefers a different ring, her chosson can work towards that after marriage.

That is absolutely not true. My friend works in a jewelry store so many times brides we'll go into a jewelry store with her friends and pick out 10 items that she likes or styles And then they tell the The seller what they like and that way when the fiance comes in he knows what to pick out He knows that any of these 10 rings and she won't be disappointed.

Also some people look together I remember sending my soon-to-be fiance now ex-husband random website link and showed him I like this style and this and not this and not that

I have friends who got engaged and went to pick out a ring after they got engaged

My brother and his fiance looked online together and he ordered it and then he still had to surprise her with it after it came but you know different strokes for different folks absolutely people will look it's a very important big purchase you're going to want to not hate it .

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:45 pm
singleagain wrote:
That is absolutely not true. My friend works in a jewelry store so many times brides we'll go into a jewelry store with her friends and pick out 10 items that she likes or styles And then they tell the The seller what they like and that way when the fiance comes in he knows what to pick out He knows that any of these 10 rings and she won't be disappointed.

Also some people look together I remember sending my soon-to-be fiance now ex-husband random website link and showed him I like this style and this and not this and not that

I have friends who got engaged and went to pick out a ring after they got engaged

My brother and his fiance looked online together and he ordered it and then he still had to surprise her with it after it came but you know different strokes for different folks absolutely people will look it's a very important big purchase you're going to want to not hate it .

This is in regards to the style of the ring - which is the normal. But I don't think the bride specifies what size and price diamond she is expecting.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:47 pm
This is in regards to the style of the ring - which is the normal. But I don't think the bride specifies what size and price diamond she is expecting.

You'd be surprised I'm quite sure that there are people like that.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:48 pm
singleagain wrote:
You'd be surprised I'm quite sure that there are people like that.

I didn't say it doesn't exist. I just said it's not the norm.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:00 pm
Can anyone recommend where to buy a lab grown diamond in the tri-state area? Would love a few options so I can see which makes sense for me

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:06 pm
Lab grown diamonds are very expensive for what they are.
Essentially they’re fake, it’s made in a factory like cz are.
You’re going to spend on a lab grown diamond the same amount as you would a real diamond - except that you will get better color/ clarity. I think the natural imperfections in a diamond are part of what make it special.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Lab grown diamonds are very expensive for what they are.
Essentially they’re fake, it’s made in a factory like cz are.
You’re going to spend on a lab grown diamond the same amount as you would a real diamond - except that you will get better color/ clarity. I think the natural imperfections in a diamond are part of what make it special.

It is definitely not a fake.

"A laboratory-grown diamond is a diamond: carbon atoms arranged in a diamond cubic crystal structure. The only difference between mined diamonds and lab grown diamonds is the origin of the diamond. Grown diamonds and mined diamonds have the exact same physical properties. A cubic zirconia is not a diamond. Cubic zirconia is a colorless, synthetic gemstone made of the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide."

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:10 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Can anyone recommend where to buy a lab grown diamond in the tri-state area? Would love a few options so I can see which makes sense for me

Do you happen to live in Rockland County? If so, I can recommend a dealer who gives you personal service.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:22 pm
People absolutely discuss the budget. https://www.moneyunder30.com/h.....-ring

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:23 pm
Do you happen to live in Rockland County? If so, I can recommend a dealer who gives you personal service.

Different poster but would be interested in the info. I live in Monsey.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:23 pm
I didn't say it doesn't exist. I just said it's not the norm.
Not sure how you decided what is or isn’t the norm. In secular society it’s the boyfriend who purchases the ring, and they usually decide together on a ballpark amount.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Different poster but would be interested in the info. I live in Monsey.

Mr. Gluck - 917-334-1560

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:25 pm
Mr. Gluck - 917-334-1560

Thanks!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:38 pm
It is definitely not a fake.

"A laboratory-grown diamond is a diamond: carbon atoms arranged in a diamond cubic crystal structure. The only difference between mined diamonds and lab grown diamonds is the origin of the diamond. Grown diamonds and mined diamonds have the exact same physical properties. A cubic zirconia is not a diamond. Cubic zirconia is a colorless, synthetic gemstone made of the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide."
I know that chemically they’re the same. But what makes a diamond special is that it’s a rare and natural element. Once you make it in a factory the chashivus goes out the window.
So yes It’s technically the same thing, but it’s a whole different ballpark in my opinion.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:40 pm
Diamonds aren't even that special though.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:55 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I know that chemically they’re the same. But what makes a diamond special is that it’s a rare and natural element. Once you make it in a factory the chashivus goes out the window.
So yes It’s technically the same thing, but it’s a whole different ballpark in my opinion.

They're not so rare anymore. Years back it was difficult to mine them. Nowadays, its much easier. But the diamond dealers hoard the extra diamonds to keep the prices inflated.

Cookin4days

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:25 pm
Why? Do you ask the chosson what brand name watch you should buy for him? After all, he is the one who will be wearing it.

I asked, I gave him options of what watches brand and what style from that brand we can afford.. I don’t see why that’s a problem. He will be wearing it
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics