Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Would you bother reporting such an incident?
Previous  1  2

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Harassment is illegal and a crime. It is not what OP is describing. OP is describing a protest where they mentioned anti-sematic remarks. This falls under free speech. They did not harass her son. They did not follow him, or curse at him or even address him directly. They made a comment during their protest while he walked by.

In this case, it was also a group of strangers on the street. There is no specific name to report, as you say it would help in the future if he committed a crime. They are not going to send out detectives to investigate and come back with the names who attended and find the man responsible for the remarks. So even if a report was made, which it wouldnt be, it would do absolutely nothing.

I’m sorry, (not really), why are you attacking me under amother?

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:15 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I’m sorry, (not really), why are you attacking me under amother?

I’m not attacking you. I’m just pointing out how your situation was different and justified for a police report, while this isn’t, that’s all. I’m sorry if it comes across as a personal attack, that’s not how I meant it

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:17 pm
I’m not attacking you. I’m just pointing out how your situation was different and justified for a police report, while this isn’t, that’s all. I’m sorry if it comes across as a personal attack, that’s not how I meant it

Is there a reason you are amother?

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:22 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Is there a reason you are amother?

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. What’s wrong with me posting under amother?

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:22 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
The police have never laughed at me when I have gone to them.

I am sincerely happy for you. I’ve had many not pleasant and outright awful interactions with police. I apologize OP if I am projecting my disdain for law enforcement on you.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:26 pm
I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. What’s wrong with me posting under amother?

You are only supposed to post anonymously if you have a reason to, and if you share that reason. It’s in Yaels rules.

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:31 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
You are only supposed to post anonymously if you have a reason to, and if you share that reason. It’s in Yaels rules.

I do not see that anywhere in the rules. If you can find it please let me know where it is so I can see

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:40 pm
I do not see that anywhere in the rules. If you can find it please let me know where it is so I can see

Here, under “Amother usage”. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....e.php

Quote: . Please do not use amother to post things which are not private or personal. If you want to post something anonymously that is not obviously private, please mention briefly your reason for anonymity in order to avoid criticism for over-use of amother.

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 7:46 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Here, under “Amother usage”. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....e.php

Quote: . Please do not use amother to post things which are not private or personal. If you want to post something anonymously that is not obviously private, please mention briefly your reason for anonymity in order to avoid criticism for over-use of amother.

This isn’t in the rules but the new user guide. And it says to state a reason to avoid criticism. Im personally more comfortable using the amother function and I’m not sure why it bothers you.. if you feel I’m breaking rules you can report my post but I’m not sure that I am

faigie

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 9:06 pm
It was a direct threat. If you file a complaint, you’d be able to file it under the protest that went on in that area in that time. If the people had a permit for the protest, the names of the leaders of the protest will already be on file.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries