Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Sports fan
Previous  1  2

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 3:19 pm
I forgot, macaabi haifa, soccer in israel

rb

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 3:21 pm
CM, your poor son! Haven't you suffered enough through the years with the Mets? (Kidding!)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 3:25 pm
rb wrote:
CM, your poor son! Haven't you suffered enough through the years with the Mets? (Kidding!)

For the past few years there has been major grumbling. I havne’t bought any new Met shirts.

BUT YA GOTTA BELIVE

tovasmom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 3:36 pm
DH and I are HUGE Mets fans, and we are raising our kids right, to be the same. One ds followed the yankees for a season but his brother cured him of that. No other sports though, as baseball is the only REAL sport. We take the kids to see the Brooklyn Cyclones also, which is a Mets class A minor league team. It is lots of fun, and is not that expensive.

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 4:13 pm
I'm a huge yankee fan. My husband just asked me yesterday if im gonna be into the season again like I was last year cuz when there's a game he claims nothing gets done in the house Very Happy
When I was in labor with my daughter last May I was lucky there was a game on that I was able to watch on the tv in the delivery room.

rb

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 4:52 pm
Did any of you ever go to a Yankee game on Chol Hamoed Pesach? I would say that more then half the fans at the game are frum. Too bad they aren't at home this year.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 5:22 pm
I went once like 15 years ago, I think it was Pesach. Anyway, we brought our own soda but they wouldnt let us bring it in. We refused to throw them out so we all just drank them until we couldnt anymore. A different time we went with my husbands little cousin. Well needless to saybetween the liebers chips and eggs he threw up over the entire back seat including the other person in the back. YUCH!!

zigi

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 6:05 pm
I like the red sox, patriots and my father made my kids into diehard packer fans!

chayitty

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 8:45 pm
YANKEES ALL THE WAY!!!

never went to a game chol hamoeed.....and wouldnt just cuz I dont think its something my kids would enjoy...hmm maybe a night game...oh u said their not anyhow at home chol hamoed...so maybe next yr.

shoy18

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:00 pm
I am a HUGE yankee fan, Im sooo excited to have them back. My dh plays fantasy baseball with his office and I was busy building his team for a few weeks. I LOVE going to games, my dh;s office has awesome seats and we go a fair amount, we took ds for the first time last year to a day game, hes been talking about it ever since.

Toot

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 11:44 pm
GO YANKS!!

They haven't been home on chol hamoed in a while, but I went to a couple of games back in the day when they were - it's a riot! They let people bring in whatever they wanted, and believe me, people brought in suitcases full of food! You would think we would starve during a 3 hour ball game...

My husband doesn't follow sports at all, and I think my over enthusiasm gets on his nerves... oh well! He does get into it around playoff season. And he enjoyed the Superbowl this year.

While I am a Jets fan, I did root for the Giants this year, because I just could not bring myself to root for a New England team (Boo Red Sox!!!)

chayitty

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 12:30 am
my dh is not into sports...so my fanatic fan yr.have slowed down majorly...but I did go to a game recently that was just awesome...it was yanks against redsox...and we beat the sox of those redsox!!!!
this is the last season they will be playing in the house that ruth built...

kitchen designer

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 9:38 am
I know this site has a lot of New Yorkers so I have to pipe in

GO RED SOX!
GO PATS!

rb

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 10:02 am
Yeah, The Red Sox have finally gotten the better of the Yanks the last few years, it only took 86 years! Hopefully this year the Yanks will win, restoring the natural order of the Universe!

fleetwood

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 10:31 am
The best day of my life as a Yankee hater was when they were up 3 games to nothing in the playoffs against Boston and then proceeded to lose the next 4 in a row. They actually did something that had never been done in sports before. Never had a team down 3 games to none come back to win. Oh it was so fun watching it. It was bliss!!! And they can go on and on "" 26 championships we are so great!! well what have you done for me lately. Good for you red sox fans!!!!

rb

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 5:28 pm
Why so much hate? Jealousy perhaps??? LOL

No team ever blew a 7 game lead with 17 games left in the season either before the Mets did just that last year!

fleetwood

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 8:46 pm
No, not jealous, although I am happy that the Mets have followed the Yankees lead and "bought"some all star talent. So I guess we'll see. Although maybe the Mets can also buy Clemens like the Yanks, but only if he continues to keep "pumping "it up. LOL

myfriends715

Post Fri, Mar 28 2008, 10:10 am
so upset all cho. hamoed yankee games are away games Sad I hate when that happends it ruins my tradition Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics