Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did any of you know Julia Haart?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:02 pm
Can someone explain to me the trajectory of her career?

Why I ask: I’m watching with my critical eye, and something seems off. (I mean yes, obv., abt the Judaism) but also abt her work: her desk doesn’t even have a real computer. Her COO is never working and he’s 33 and her BFF. I’m missing something. My sixth sense is never wrong.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:08 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

Why I ask: I’m watching with my critical eye, and something seems off. (I mean yes, obv., abt the Judaism) but also abt her work: her desk doesn’t even have a real computer. Her COO is never working and he’s 33 and her BFF. I’m missing something. My sixth sense is never wrong.

Literally my only question about this show. I haven’t watched yet but from all the thousands of words I’ve read, nobody explains those years from when she left to becoming an executive at La Perla. Specifically how she succeeded with the shoes. This is way more fascinating to me than what she says about Monsey. How’d a regular teacher/housewife jump into and succeed in the fashion world like that?
And her success with the shoes couldn’t have come from her husband- that came after her shoes success. Anyone have an idea?

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Literally my only question about this show. I haven’t watched yet but from all the thousands of words I’ve read, nobody explains those years from when she left to becoming an executive at La Perla. Specifically how she succeeded with the shoes. This is way more fascinating to me than what she says about Monsey. How’d a regular teacher/housewife jump into and succeed in the fashion world like that?
And her success with the shoes couldn’t have come from her husband- that came after her shoes success. Anyone have an idea?

Mark my words: that’s the bigger story.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:06 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
The name Talia Leibov sounds so familiar. I am also a Bais Yaakov Monsey graduate, but I dont remember her. Anyone know what year she graduated?

She graduated in '89. She was known as Julia in school for a while until she got her Hebrew name. Her mother taught math for a few years.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:16 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
Mark my words: that’s the bigger story.

It says on wikipedia that she married the owner of La Perla

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:42 am

Would love to know that, too.
She founded her shoe line in 2013, the same year she left her frum life. You don't do such thing just like that, in a few months!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:59 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
She graduated in '89. She was known as Julia in school for a while until she got her Hebrew name. Her mother taught math for a few years.

I know her whole grade but not her. Did she go to seminary in Israel because her name isn’t familiar

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:04 am
My secular relative told me about this show. I’m a bt. I watched part if the first episode. It looks like she tries too much to be very secular. She was talking to her young daughter and sil about zex and told them they her dd can swallow the stuff from giving oral zex. Her son in law got so embarrassed (poor guy got dragged into this because she left just after he got married to her dd). She is just really disgusting and does big chillul Hashem. Classy secular women don’t talk that way. I think it’s a Mitzvah to put her to shame in order to prevent her spreading evil. My secular relative told me she is disgusting snd didn’t continue to watch the show.

ally

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:58 am

Agree. I think this is the most interesting post of the story

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:28 am

When they're in France she tells her husband that she was sitting in this place (I forgot where, maybe where they were having lunch in Four Seasons), and this woman came up to her and said she loved her shoes. She says this woman was the main buyer for Harrod's or something. She didn't really elaborate other than her husband saying someone like some things are meant to be. I would also like to hear more about her progression in business.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 8:12 am
ally wrote:
I'm sorry that you are struggling with this and I get that it is difficult to see that people are different to what we thought. But this is real life. Everyone is on their own path and even if it is human nature, we should work on ourselves to realize that someone else's journey should not define your own.

She didn't leave to stab you in the back. She left because it wasn't for her.

And all the lies are for??

Nobody cares that she left, they care that she is spreading lies about them. Why is that so hard to understand?
I don’t know her but I feel stabbed in the back because she is spreading lies about my community. She’s making it sound like I am an uneducated , abused woman for going to a bais Yaakov. In reality, I have a master’s degree and own a business with 20 employees. I also am very up to date on fashion and live a very nice lifestyle with plenty of luxuries and vacations that are paid for with money that I earned myself. I don’t need the whole world thinking I am an abused baby machine who can’t think for herself.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Im around the same age as you. I know/knew a lot of girls/women from both of those schools. I grew up in Monsey and was friends with a lot of BY girls. And I went to seminary with about 10 BK girls and got to know many more once I got married and moved to Lakewood. BYM was very different from Bais Kaila. Most BK girls were from yeshiva families and so were most of the teachers. BYM families were mostly not yeshivish and many teachers also weren't. So you really can't compare your experience to hers.

Got it, thanks for explaining this.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:09 am
WhatFor wrote:
When they're in France she tells her husband that she was sitting in this place (I forgot where, maybe where they were having lunch in Four Seasons), and this woman came up to her and said she loved her shoes. She says this woman was the main buyer for Harrod's or something. She didn't really elaborate other than her husband saying someone like some things are meant to be. I would also like to hear more about her progression in business.
I wish we knew more.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:15 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
It says on wikipedia that she married the owner of La Perla
I know that. But how’d she succeed so quickly with the shoes even before that?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:18 am
I know that. But how’d she succeed so quickly with the shoes even before that?

There is obviously more to the story that we are not being told.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

I was in BYM between 92 and 96, so I missed her. Did she have any younger sisters in BYM?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:24 am
In a New York Times article she explains how she got funding for her shoe line, then La Perla bought her out and brought her on as creative director.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:47 am
vintagebknyc wrote:

Her COO seems to really be a butler (and is the most entertaining part of the show).

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:50 am
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
In a New York Times article she explains how she got funding for her shoe line, then La Perla bought her out and brought her on as creative director.

Her husband owns la perla. I think she was in a very unhappy marriage. When you see her ex on the show you can see it. He is an amazing kind person but not for her. If she was happily married she could have had a career while being frum. I think it’s very sad because we have the Tora and the truth. She left to live the empty life of the business of fashion and superficial looks only. She keeps saying that the Tora is not the truth. Even her youngest son sees that her life is not the truth. Maybe she wants to feel better about her leaving by spreading lies about the community. It’s all a sad sad show. She ruined her kids lives.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:54 am
I didnt watch the show and im not sure if I want to but I saw pictures on her instagram page and her son is wearing yarmulka and tzitzis and looks like he also wears a black hat. Whats the story with that? If she went OTD why didnt she go all the way?
Does she keep shabbos/kosher?
She remarried to a non jew thats really OTD already!!
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics