Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did any of you know Julia Haart?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:49 am
DrMom wrote:
Other than pure LH, what is the purpose of this thread?

Seriously. The amount of lashon hara about her on imamother lately is a little nauseating.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:52 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Seriously. The amount of lashon hara about her on imamother lately is a little nauseating.

What she did to those of us who come from the community she grew up in is a lot more nauseating.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:53 am
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
Also she chose to create a tv show. She knew that a tv show becomes a topic everyone discusses. She literally wants the world to discuss her show and story.

So if she’s a narcissist, why give her the satisfaction?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
What she did to those of us who come from the community she grew up in is a lot more nauseating.

I don't think it's a contest.

And it doesn't excuse or permit the LH at all.

there is nothing l'toeles about this.

womanwithaplan

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:01 am
sequoia wrote:
You know, not everyone who chooses not to be religious is going to “wake up” one day and say, “my god, what have I done? there’s no life outside of orthodoxy!”

Most people just live, but without shabbos and kashrut. Get it?

People look for meaning. Life has no point without meaning. If they don't find it within orthodox Jewish life, they might look for it elsewhere.

I GUARANTEE you that nobody has found true meaning within American liberal secular culture. Do they regret leaving? I don't know. But do they find the freedom and happiness they are looking for out there? Certainly not.

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:05 am
Iymnok wrote:
So if she’s a narcissist, why give her the satisfaction?

My comment was for those saying it’s not ok to discuss her and it’s putting her down and how dare anyone....

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:07 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I don't think it's a contest.

And it doesn't excuse or permit the LH at all.

there is nothing l'toeles about this.

no contest. But I'm not all that sure that talking about this is L"H. It's standing up against a wrong, and it's public knowledge.

She has wronged us. I grew up in her community, I knew who she was, and she's lying about us. I'm not going to sit back and say, oh, yeah, you're right, we were oppressed, we were uneducated, we were raised to make babies.

Cuz we weren't. We went to the same school, Julia. I took AP's, got my degree, and have a lucrative career. We had options and we knew them. Ours was a more open-minded BY, if you will. Education was very very valued (not all BY's are like this.) The secular program was on a high level. We studied our brains out and were encouraged to do so.

We had the opportunity to develop our talents as well. I belonged to the school band. Julia danced. We had opportunities to shine.

Julia has wronged us with her false portrayal of our world.

ally

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:08 am
The obsession and outrage on these threads says more about the posters than about Julia.
If you are so confident in your life, why do you feel so threatened?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:09 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
no contest. But I'm not all that sure that talking about this is L"H. It's standing up against a wrong, and it's public knowledge.

She has wronged us. I grew up in her community, I knew who she was, and she's lying about us. I'm not going to sit back and say, oh, yeah, you're right, we were oppressed, we were uneducated, we were raised to make babies.

Cuz we weren't. We went to the same school, Julia. I took AP's, got my degree, and have a lucrative career. We had options and we knew them. Ours was a more open-minded BY, if you will. Education was very very valued (not all BY's are like this.) The secular program was on a high level. We studied our brains out and were encouraged to do so.

We had the opportunity to develop our talents as well. I belonged to the school band. Julia danced. We had opportunities to shine.

Julia has wronged us with her false portrayal of our world.

"Does anyone know her? what's she really like? Did you ever talkto her?"

This is all LH.

I can't imagine what purpose this serves other than to move the gossip machine.

Vengeance isn't allowed, grudges aren't allowed.

And further more, even if the LH were allowed l'toeles, I can't see there is any constructive purpose to this thread. It's just LH, period.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:11 am
ally wrote:
The obsession and outrage on these threads says more about the posters than about Julia.

Do you feel the same way about the endless amother threads against chasidim and other imamother whipping boys ?

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:16 am
ally wrote:
says more about us than about Julia??? That’s a rather extreme statement.

You are interpreting this obsession/ outrage all wrong. We don’t feel threatened, we feel betrayed and stabbed in the back. She was sweet as sugar, the person I remember was completely different not just religiously but personality wise. Many of us knew her well and are trying to come to terms with this transformation. Personally - I looked at her as a role model. I’m having a really hard time with this.
(Honestly we who knew her need a private group, the whole frum world does not need to see us struggling with this tragedy.)

sequoia

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:20 am
A person changing their lifestyle is not a tragedy.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:21 am
Did any of you see Malky knopflers Instagram stories? She was in a scene for this show . It was cut because Malky made orthodoxy sound too good.

ally

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
Do you feel the same way about the endless amother threads against chasidim and other imamother whipping boys ?

?

Einikel

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:25 am
dancingqueen wrote:

I agree. The obsession is getting a little creepy.

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:25 am
sequoia wrote:
A person changing their lifestyle is not a tragedy.

Julia changing her lifestyle and saying lies on her community and jews in general is a tragedy.
If she would've gone her way without shunting us all it maybe wouldn't be

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:29 am
ally wrote:

This is classic blaming the victim.

Yes, I feel like a victim, what Julia did hurts me and causes me pain.

number

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:29 am
Lashon hara and gossip are not equivalent. This is a gossipy thread but it’s not lashon hara and it’s annoying when people claim that it is.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:30 am
number wrote:
Lashon hara and gossip are not equivalent. This is a gossipy thread but it’s not lashon hara and it’s annoying when people claim that it is.

what is the toeles here?

ally

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:30 am
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
says more about us than about Julia??? That’s a rather extreme statement.

You are interpreting this obsession/ outrage all wrong. We don’t feel threatened, we feel betrayed and stabbed in the back. She was sweet as sugar, the person I remember was completely different not just religiously but personality wise. Many of us knew her well and are trying to come to terms with this transformation. Personally - I looked at her as a role model. I’m having a really hard time with this.
(Honestly we who knew her need a private group, the whole frum world does not need to see us struggling with this tragedy.)

I'm sorry that you are struggling with this and I get that it is difficult to see that people are different to what we thought. But this is real life. Everyone is on their own path and even if it is human nature, we should work on ourselves to realize that someone else's journey should not define your own.

She didn't leave to stab you in the back. She left because it wasn't for her.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics