Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did any of you know Julia Haart?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:33 am
ally wrote:
I'm sorry that you are struggling with this and I get that it is difficult to see that people are different to what we thought. But this is real life. Everyone is on their own path and even if it is human nature, we should work on ourselves to realize that someone else's journey should not define your own.

She didn't leave to stab you in the back. She left because it wasn't for her.

But she made a TV show to stab us in the back.

She could have just left and lived her life without lying about her past and hurting so many people in the process.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:34 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
what is the toeles here?

Refuting lies

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
But she made a TV show to stab us in the back.

She could have just left and lived her life without lying about her past and hurting so many people in the process.

This

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:36 am
The claims of lashon hara seem out of place. She’s not a random private lady who went OTD. She went very public. And said negative things about us. People are gonna comment.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:39 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
"Does anyone know her? what's she really like? Did you ever talkto her?"

This is all LH.

I can't imagine what purpose this serves other than to move the gossip machine.

Vengeance isn't allowed, grudges aren't allowed.

And further more, even if the LH were allowed l'toeles, I can't see there is any constructive purpose to this thread. It's just LH, period.

I agree 100%. I PMed Yael, and asked her to lock these threads and ban the topic. (I want a pony and some ice cream, but the chances of that happening aren't great, either. I'm not holding my breath.)

There is no l'toeles her whatsoever. If anyone feels personally attacked by Julia, start your own FB or Whatsapp group, but don't do it here where the rest of us have to deal with the negativity and LH.

We're in the 9 Days. We are supposed to become better versions of ourselves, to bring Moshiach and restore the Temple.

The Yetzer Hara is having a field day with us, and laughing all the way.

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:39 am
sequoia wrote:
A person changing their lifestyle is not a tragedy.
a formerly frum person trashing us on TV is a tragedy in my books. None of this outrage, NONE is about her changing her lifestyle. Whoever keeps bringing that up- you’re gaslighting, no one is focusing on that. It’s all about the tv show and some of you are trying to be so accepting and openminded your brains fell out.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:40 am
Simple1 wrote:
The claims of lashon hara seem out of place. She’s not a random private lady who went OTD. She went very public. And said negative things about us. People are gonna comment.

The people claiming loshon harah don't actually know the halachos. If you learn them regularly (as I do) you would know it's not actually loshon harah.

It would be better not to discuss it but claiming loshon harah is not accurate.

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:41 am
causemommysaid wrote:
The people claiming loshon harah don't actually know the halachos. If you learn them regularly (as I do) you would know it's not actually loshon harah.

It would be better not to discuss it but claiming loshon harah is not accurate.

Yeah there are other good reasons not to discuss it.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:43 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I agree 100%. I PMed Yael, and asked her to lock these threads and ban the topic. (I want a pony and some ice cream, but the chances of that happening aren't great, either. I'm not holding my breath.)

There is no l'toeles her whatsoever. If anyone feels personally attacked by Julia, start your own FB or Whatsapp group, but don't do it here where the rest of us have to deal with the negativity and LH.

We're in the 9 Days. We are supposed to become better versions of ourselves, to bring Moshiach and restore the Temple.

When Moshiach comes, he will bring truth to the world.

And part of becoming better people is standing up for the truth. And calling a wrong, a wrong. That's what some of us are doing.

The Torah is full of examples of standing up to evil. Not being passive and allowing people to malign frum people and a whole community without saying boo.

FranticFrummie

Simple1 wrote:

By giving her even more publicity?

People who know nothing about her are now aware of her show, and will be drawn in by curiosity. Everyone who watches will prove to Netflix that shows like this are successful, and will only encourage more.

Every pixel you spend online about this subject, just causes the search engines to go up.

If she is the one committing a Chillul Hashem, we are the ones who are giving her free advertising. Happy now? Banging head

amother
Trillium

FranticFrummie wrote:

Did you also ask yael to ban topics banning chassidim? It's quite common om this site and not many poster care
If you don't wanna read or engage skip this thread

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:44 am
ally wrote:
I'm sorry that you are struggling with this and I get that it is difficult to see that people are different to what we thought. But this is real life. Everyone is on their own path and even if it is human nature, we should work on ourselves to realize that someone else's journey should not define your own.

yes, that is the logical response, but not the emotional one. This is so invalidating - we should work on ourselves??Again, we don’t care that she left!! She left a long time ago and no one said anything. We care that she made a Netflix show about how awful and backwards our lifestyle is. THATS the part she did to stab us in the back.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:47 am
https://torah.org/learning/halashon-chapter8/

thanks

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:48 am
ally wrote:

Yes, this is real life. And in real life, many of us feel bewildered, betrayed, upset, and angry at Talia. No it's not everyone on their own. What she did publicly affects many or all of us.
She left, and stabbed us on her way out. She continues to publicly shame orthodoxy, a d I don't think that can be ignored. It is upsetting, and cannot be ignored.
Her mother taught me math in the very school we both went to. I went on to college taking calculus I, II & III, as well as many other high level college math classes.
Shame on her for putting down her education. I am sorry for her that she felt oppressed, but that is not an excuse for what she's doing and for what became of her.

Last edited by thanks on Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:49 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
By giving her even more publicity?

People who know nothing about her are now aware of her show, and will be drawn in by curiosity. Everyone who watches will prove to Netflix that shows like this are successful, and will only encourage more.

Every pixel you spend online about this subject, just causes the search engines to go up.

If she is the one committing a Chillul Hashem, we are the ones who are giving her free advertising. Happy now? Banging head

I totally agree and alluded to that in my next post. But I still think it’s not LH.

Last edited by Simple1 on Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:50 am
The outrage here is so misplaced. And where are all of you when people attack members on this board? It’s so telling

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
Did you also ask yael to ban topics banning chassidim? It's quite common om this site and not many poster care
If you don't wanna read or engage skip this thread

Well, that's neither here not there. It's called "whataboutism". I get upset at threads about homophobia and racism, as well as Chassidish bashing. I report all of them, regularly.

If the mods deem that an anti-Chassidish, racist, or homophobic thread is OK to leave up, then it's out of my hands, but I try to do my part.

If all of us tried to be better people, and get together to create a better, more positive board, then I think we could make a difference. I know a lot of people are leaving Imamother because of the negativity and bashing on all sides of the aisles.

I'm not going to leave, because I still believe in making a difference. I'd love to see more Ahavas Isroel around here, and I'm not giving up. There is still so much good here, let's not get bogged down in things that don't uplift us.

I guess expounding on the weekly parsha just doesn't have the same sensational zing as putting down a fellow Jew, no matter how far off the path they go.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:52 am
I have not contributed to threads on this topic.

But whoever dislikes these conversations should please avoid the threads instead of dictating which threads should be locked.

Rediculous tyranny behaviour.

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:55 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Well, that's neither here not there. It's called "whataboutism". I get upset at threads about homophobia and racism, as well as Chassidish bashing. I report all of them, regularly.

If the mods deem that an anti-Chassidish, racist, or homophobic thread is OK to leave up, then it's out of my hands, but I try to do my part.

If all of us tried to be better people, and get together to create a better, more positive board, then I think we could make a difference. I know a lot of people are leaving Imamother because of the negativity and bashing on all sides of the aisles.

I'm not going to leave, because I still believe in making a difference. I'd love to see more Ahavas Isroel around here, and I'm not giving up. There is still so much good here, let's not get bogged down in things that don't uplift us.

I guess expounding on the weekly parsha just doesn't have the same sensational zing as putting down a fellow Jew, no matter how far off the path they go.

We still have ahavas yisroel even we discusss someone who chose to do a tv show

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:56 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Whataboutism is just a fancy way of saying don’t you dare point out hypocrisy
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics