Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Anyone remember Octomom Well meet NonoMom 9 babies @once
1  2  Next

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:23 pm
https://www.insider.com/mom-se.....021-7

A mom set a world record by delivering 9 babies. Her stomach weighed 65 pounds during pregnancy.
Kelly Burch Jul 28, 2021, 3:11 PM

Paediatrician Dr. Msayif Khali examines with a stethoscope one of the nine babies protected in an incubator at the maternity unit of the Ain Borja clinic in Casablanca, Morocco, Thursday May 20, 2021, two weeks after Mali's Halima Cisse, 25, gave birth to nine healthy babies
Dr. Msayif Khali examines one of the nine babies protected in an incubator at the maternity unit of the Ain Borja clinic in Casablanca, Morocco, May 20, two weeks after Mali's Halima Cisse gave birth. Abdeljalil Bounhar/AP Photo
Halima Cisse of Mali says her nine babies were conceived naturally.
Until just before the delivery, she thought she was having seven babies.
The four boys and five girls are doing well, though they remain in the NICU.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

A 26-year-old mother from Mali is speaking out about her record-breaking family more than two months after her nine infants were delivered at a hospital in Morocco. The woman, who also has a 2-year-old daughter, said that the nonuplets were conceived without assistance.

Halima Cisse and her husband, Kader Arby, 35, received the surprise of a lifetime when they learned they were expecting high-order multiples, completely naturally.

At first the couple was told that they were having seven babies, and doctors warned that there was less than a 50% chance of all the babies surviving. Cisse went to Morocco for better medical care, and it was there, minutes before the May 5 delivery, that she found out she was carrying nine children.

"It was a total shock when I found out that I was having nine babies because I thought it was going to be seven," she told The Daily Mail.

These are the first nonuplets in the world to survive birth
There are only two other recorded cases of nonuplets in the world. One set was born in Australia in 1971, and all babies died within their first week out. The other set was born in Malaysia in 1999. All the babies died the day they were delivered.

A Guinness World Records representative told NPR that they have yet to officially verify this record and that "the wellbeing of both the mother and babies are of top priority." The previous record was held by Nadya Suleman, also known as "octomom," who gave birth to eight babies in 2009.

The care of both babies and mom was so complex it required them to move to Morocco
According to the BBC, Cisse was admitted to the hospital at 25 weeks of gestation and the medical team taking care of her was able to delay the birth of her babies until 30 weeks. Ten doctors and 25 paramedics were involved in the birth of the premature babies.

The nonuplets include four brothers (Mohammed, Bah, El Hadji, Oumar) and five sisters (Hawa, Adama, Fatouma, Oumou, Kadidia). They join their older sister, Souda, who is 2.

Cisse said that she was still recovering from the pregnancy and a difficult delivery, according to the Daily Mail. Her stomach alone weighed about 65 pounds, and the cesarean delivery was complicated, with lots of blood loss that left her weak. The babies, who weighed between 1 and 2 pounds at birth, are all still in the neonatal intensive-care unit.

"Giving birth to one child is hard enough, but having nine is unimaginable," Cisse told the Daily Mail. "It's astonishing the amount of work that is involved in looking after them."

For now, Cisse has all the help she needs in a team of 35 care providers. The government of Mali is footing the bill for the family's care, which is estimated to cost more than $1 million.

The couple has a three-bedroom house in Timbuktu, Mali. Arby works as a sailor in the Malian navy. The logistics of being parents to 10 children are daunting, but for now Arby said he's focused his wife and nine new family members doing well.

"There are a lot of things to work out about the future, but for now we are just focused on looking after our babies and getting them home," he told the Daily Mail. "The big concern for me is not the size of my house, how many rooms we have or money, but making sure that my wife and children are OK."

gonewiththewind1

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:38 pm
Right.
They conceived 9 babies naturally.

More like a doctor that doesn't want his license revoked.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:39 pm
Wow. I had actually read that this birth was a scam but it seems like the details were verified in the end. Are these babies healthy? Why 35 care providers and a cost of $1 million a year?

elisheva25

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:47 pm
I read that. Don’t understand how she conceived 9 babies naturally ?

gande

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:56 pm
I read somewhere that she took some kind of fertility medication.

Java

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 10:58 pm
This makes zero sense.
Any doctor who would allow this to happen is a total hack.
Selective reduction exists for a reason

mommy9

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 11:50 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Wow. I had actually read that this birth was a scam but it seems like the details were verified in the end. Are these babies healthy? Why 35 care providers and a cost of $1 million a year?

There was a story about a woman from south Africa giving birth to ten babies that turned out to be a scam. I don't know how to post a link.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:04 am
mommy9 wrote:
There was a story about a woman from south Africa giving birth to ten babies that turned out to be a scam. I don't know how to post a link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....4.amp
Even as I read the story I knew it was fake. Just sounded so off.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:07 am
As fot the story of this thread, im sorry, how does one have 9 babies that each weigh 7 pounds, hrnce 65 pounds? Thats crazy.
And if snyone brlieves thst she concirved 9 babirs nsturally, I have a bridge I want to see you.

saltandvinegar

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:08 am
I always hear these stories of women having 8+ babies at once but usually happens in India, South America....is there a reason for this?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:27 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
As fot the story of this thread, im sorry, how does one have 9 babies that each weigh 7 pounds, hrnce 65 pounds? Thats crazy.
And if snyone brlieves thst she concirved 9 babirs nsturally, I have a bridge I want to see you.

Placentas plus amniotic fluid.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 3:43 am
Iymnok wrote:
Placentas plus amniotic fluid.
My point was that multiples are usually not going to be 6, 7 pounds each. Lets say they are each 2-4 pounds. But 65 pds?
My point was there are MANY things with this story that just dont sound true.

trixx

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 5:37 am
lemondrop wrote:
I always hear these stories of women having 8+ babies at once but usually happens in India, South America....is there a reason for this?

The unlicensed doctors doing fertility treatment probably

hodeez

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 5:49 am
You got the title right.." no no"

Girl@Heart

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 7:51 am
I read on MaliMother that the mother in law expects to be hosted for a two week visit when they get home and the mom is freaking out.

Success10

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 8:09 am
Girl@Heart wrote:
I read on MaliMother that the mother in law expects to be hosted for a two week visit when they get home and the mom is freaking out.

And the award for Post of the Year goes to...

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 10:13 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
My point was that multiples are usually not going to be 6, 7 pounds each. Lets say they are each 2-4 pounds. But 65 pds?
My point was there are MANY things with this story that just dont sound true.

They weighed between 1-2 lbs. each. That she already gained 65 lbs. by 30 weeks? I don't know but I don't think that that disqualifies the story.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 11:16 am
PinkFridge wrote:
They weighed between 1-2 lbs. each. That she already gained 65 lbs. by 30 weeks? I don't know but I don't think that that disqualifies the story.
To me these stories never sound true to me, whatever the specific details.
There is always a line about how they were "concieved naturally". After that its just 🤦‍♀️ for me.

ora_43

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 12:15 pm
lemondrop wrote:

Because it's easier to completely invent news articles in those countries. And 2nd-tier news outlets in western country are more likely to reprint outlandish stories without doing any fact checking of their own if it's from a 3rd would country. If someone says a lady gave birth to 10 babies in Cleveland, they might call the hospital in Cleveland and see if it's true, but if somebody said a lady gave birth to 10 babies in rural Egypt, they just tack on 'According to Egyptian media...' and call it a day.

sequoia

Post Fri, Jul 30 2021, 12:18 pm
Is that why?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics