Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Expedited Passport
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 1:13 pm
Is there any way to get an expedited passport now? The businesses in Brooklyn don’t seem to be able to do it now bc of covid regulations. Something has come up and I need it for Sukkos travel, so waiting for the post office isn’t an option. Any help would be appreciated.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 1:35 pm
Do you live in NY? The only way you can get a passport expedited is if you go down to the passport office in Manhattan with your booked ticket. If you have a ticket, you get a passport on the spot.
If you don't live in NY, find out which passport office in your city you can get this done at.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Do you live in NY? The only way you can get a passport expedited is if you go down to the passport office in Manhattan with your booked ticket. If you have a ticket, you get a passport on the spot.
If you don't live in NY, find out which passport office in your city you can get this done at.

Yes, I do live in NY. Does it need to be within 3 days of travel or can it be a couple of weeks before? Is there only one office? (Want to make sure I go to the right place.) Do I make an appointment or just show up?
Thanks so much for responding!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 2:05 pm
You need an appointment which is very difficult to get. It can only be booked within 2 weeks of travel and the appointment needs to be within 2 or 3 days of travel I believe. You can also try the passport offices in Stamford or Philadelphia if you are desperate.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
You need an appointment which is very difficult to get. It can only be booked within 2 weeks of travel and the appointment needs to be within 2 or 3 days of travel I believe. You can also try the passport offices in Stamford or Philadelphia if you are desperate.

It's almost impossible to get an appointment in Stamford or Philly, but you can try your like.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, I do live in NY. Does it need to be within 3 days of travel or can it be a couple of weeks before? Is there only one office? (Want to make sure I go to the right place.) Do I make an appointment or just show up?
Thanks so much for responding!

The ticket needs to be within 3 days of travel. You can get a ticket for a different date and change it once you have your passport. You need to make an appointment which can be hard to get, depending if it's a busy timing or not. My brother needed his passport to go to yeshiva, someone "sold" him their appointment for $300.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:08 pm
The ticket needs to be within 3 days of travel. You can get a ticket for a different date and change it once you have your passport. You need to make an appointment which can be hard to get, depending if it's a busy timing or not. My brother needed his passport to go to yeshiva, someone "sold" him their appointment for $300.

This worked for me

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 4:31 pm
Wow. Thanks everyone. I guess we’ll see what happens.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 4:52 pm
My parents tried expedition.. it didn't come in time and they paid an extremely high price.

Depending where your going their might be another way like providing identification papers and a receipt that your passport is being renewed

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
My parents tried expedition.. it didn't come in time and they paid an extremely high price.

Depending where your going their might be another way like providing identification papers and a receipt that your passport is being renewed

I would only do the 3-day one where you get it on the spot. I feel so dumb for letting it get to this point. We always have valid passports and rarely use them, and now that we need them…
We can only try.

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 5:00 pm
CT gives you on the spot.
Also a place in Monsey, don't know the name.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 5:30 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:

It's almost impossible to get an appointment in Connecticut. It may take months.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:

The place in Monsey is probably an expediter; those are not doing it right now due to covid restrictions. Only the official government agencies.

librarygirl

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 6:16 pm
From a dansdeal forum:

If you need an expedited appointment call l 1-877-487-2778 at 8 AM SHARP EST. Press 1 1 2 2 to speak to a live rep to schedule you an expedited appointment.

Every night new appointments become available. If you call later you'll wait on hold for an hour+ and most likely not get an appointment.

That ripoff business is finished. Online appointments are not available anymore. Since some abusers had BOTS booking all in-person appointments for expedited passports instantly when they got available -once in 24 hours- and resold them for top dollar. Thankfully the state caught on and took down online appointments. Now you can only book by phone with a unique pin number and your last name.

Call in the morning and get your passport appointment.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 6:22 pm
librarygirl wrote:
From a dansdeal forum:

If you need an expedited appointment call l 1-877-487-2778 at 8 AM SHARP EST. Press 1 1 2 2 to speak to a live rep to schedule you an expedited appointment.

Every night new appointments become available. If you call later you'll wait on hold for an hour+ and most likely not get an appointment.

That ripoff business is finished. Online appointments are not available anymore. Since some abusers had BOTS booking all in-person appointments for expedited passports instantly when they got available -once in 24 hours- and resold them for top dollar. Thankfully the state caught on and took down online appointments. Now you can only book by phone with a unique pin number and your last name.

This works - however make sure you call right when they open. I paid for expedited passports and the time frame ended up being longer.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 9:38 pm
librarygirl wrote:
From a dansdeal forum:

Thanks so much.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 9:40 pm
librarygirl wrote:
From a dansdeal forum:

How do you get the pin #?

bobeli

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 9:46 pm
This are for appointments that do emergency passport, same day or 2 days. You pick it up or courier delivery
Expedite is different, it’s done in an acceptance facility, takes 6 weeks and mailed back by usps which takes long. Or you can pay for overnight ups delivery for $17.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:11 pm
bobeli wrote:
This are for appointments that do emergency passport, same day or 2 days. You pick it up or courier delivery
Expedite is different, it’s done in an acceptance facility, takes 6 weeks and mailed back by usps which takes long. Or you can pay for overnight ups delivery for $17.

Thanks, I need same day.

Pandabeer

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:36 pm

These people book appointments and them make money of people that are desperate - It's disgusting
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics