Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you know anyone personally who got ill from the vaccine
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

fleetwood

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:49 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Here you have to be immunocompromised to get a third dose. We just asked our friendly neighborhood Walmart pharmacist.

You must've gone to the same Walgreens as my mom...they actually told a 76 yr old diabetic she's ineligible.

otstud

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:56 pm
Yes, my husband's close friend in his low 30's developed significant one-sided weakness- a ministroke, requiring pt, and the doctor he saw in the hospital said it's from the vaccine.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:03 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Actually, today, getting seriously symptomatic covid is largely a matter of choice.
I think you mean putting yourself at risk of getting covid is a choice. No one is choosing to get it. Well actually, maybe there are covid parties, like chicken pox parties, and I just don’t know about it….

You can choose to socially distance and mask, reducing your risk.
Reducing your risk isn’t the same as eliminating your risk. People can do everything right and still get it.

You can choose to vaccinate, which is extremely effective against symptomatic infection.
Vaccinated people can get it too. I keep saying this- my friend had covid last year, got both shots, got seriously sick after both, and still contracted covid for a second time, a few months after the second vaccine.

Or you can choose not to.
There are plenty of people out there, even just on ima, who have never had it.

You act as if being vaccinated has nothing to do with prevention of the effects of covid.

For example, there is a very small risk of blood clots from the mRNA vaccines. There is a greater risk of blood clots from covid. https://www.bloomberg.com/news.....cines So its not "INSANE" to take a small risk to avoid a greater one.

In the US, close to 2000 people died of covid yesterday. Taking the vaccine is not "INSANE" to prevent that.

And yet there are reports of overstating covid deaths, claiming people died from covid when they didn’t, even if they had it. For example (my own, not necessarily a real one) if a covid positive patient goes for a walk and is hit by a car, that person didn’t die of covid, but the death certificate might say he did.

Overall, 642,000 have died of covid, among about 39.5 million cases. 642,000/39,500,000 = .0162 = 1.6% death rate.

I'll halve that for funsies. .8% (.008)

175 million people in the US are fully vaccinated. 175 million x .008 = 1.4 million.

So unless you believe that 1.4 million people have died of the vaccine, its safer than covid.

Numbers is totally not my thing, so I will not get into that.

So far as I'm concerned, you don't need to vaccinate. You can take the risks. Its your life.
That’s right, I can take the risk. So why is the government telling people that’s not their choice to make?

So long as you accept that there are consequences to your choices.

And in exchange, you can accept that there are risks involved in taking the vaccine as well. Like I said numbers isn’t my thing so I have no idea, but is the risk of not getting the vaccine and getting covid (severe or not) comparable to the risk of getting the vaccine and having a negative side effect?
(Anonymous to protect my friend’s privacy)

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:07 pm
fleetwood wrote:
You must've gone to the same Walgreens as my mom...they actually told a 76 yr old diabetic she's ineligible.

How could that be? Does she live in Coral Springs? I would think that she is eligible so maybe try a different pharmacy.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Is that the guy who missed his vaccine appointment in the morning and died that afternoon - after NOT having received the vaccine?

Yes

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:13 pm
Lovable wrote:
Ok, you know what? Ill be the one to post under my SN
Why do you always avoid responding to posters with opposite views than yours, just because their anonymous? Whatever, as you wish
But In my opinion, as well as many others on this site, dying from a virus that one unfortunately contracted is devastating. Getting sick or living with side affects from a voluntary vaccination is INSANE
When will the world understand that with the vaccine you have a CHOICE
Getting the virus is NOT unfortunately

This!! I'm not vaccinated bc I had covid and I'm pregnant. No way am I voluntarily putting something in my body when, for me getting covid again for a 3rd time c.v is very unlikely. I'm 35 weeks now bh, and happy with my decision bc if baby were to be born early now it won't be the end of the world but back when I was supposed to take the vaccine if it would've brought on labour I don't think my baby would survive. I opted out at the last minute.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Are blacks more prone to dying from covid? 4/5 teachers that died that sow posted were black. P

It really looks like that. A Mississippi school district shut down after many students and teachers were infected, causing the death of a 13 year old girl who was black. Horribly tragic. I don't know if that child was vaccinated. I also don't know how race makes a child or adult, more vulnerable.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:06 pm
No.
I DID —past tense— know people who refused to get the vax and died of COVID. Hence the past tense.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 6:44 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Actually, today, getting seriously symptomatic covid is largely a matter of choice.

You can choose to socially distance and mask, reducing your risk.

You can choose to vaccinate, which is extremely effective against symptomatic infection.

Or you can choose not to.

You act as if being vaccinated has nothing to do with prevention of the effects of covid.

For example, there is a very small risk of blood clots from the mRNA vaccines. There is a greater risk of blood clots from covid. https://www.bloomberg.com/news.....cines So its not "INSANE" to take a small risk to avoid a greater one.

In the US, close to 2000 people died of covid yesterday. Taking the vaccine is not "INSANE" to prevent that.

Overall, 642,000 have died of covid, among about 39.5 million cases. 642,000/39,500,000 = .0162 = 1.6% death rate.

I'll halve that for funsies. .8% (.008)

175 million people in the US are fully vaccinated. 175 million x .008 = 1.4 million.

So unless you believe that 1.4 million people have died of the vaccine, its safer than covid.

So far as I'm concerned, you don't need to vaccinate. You can take the risks. Its your life.

So long as you accept that there are consequences to your choices.

Can we simplify the argument somewhat? In the USA, nearly 2000 people died yesterday of Covid. How many died of the vaccine???? How can you compare the dangers of the two? Banging head

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:03 am
Each person has a different risk benefit ration based upon their own health factors including age.
Definitely not apples to apples.

dipped in honey or otherwise Wink

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:38 am
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
Can we simplify the argument somewhat? In the USA, nearly 2000 people died yesterday of Covid. How many died of the vaccine???? How can you compare the dangers of the two? Banging head

I love this argument those people aren't alive anymore so I don't think my not getting the vaccine will help them. If I decide to get the vaccine it will be based on the safety of the VACCINE itself. And based on if I'm in any danger of dying from covid. And the answer for me is no to both so I won't get it. If for YOU the vaccine is safe kol hakovod go for it! But don't say everyone should get it why should we hurt ourselves? Because covid was dangerous to all those who died? Yes its very sad. And yes it was very scary but right now if it will hurt me sorry but I won't do it. Please don't hate me for that we need moshiach

fleetwood

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:42 am
southernbubby wrote:
How could that be? Does she live in Coral Springs? I would think that she is eligible so maybe try a different pharmacy.

She's trying a different one today..hope she gets it

GetReal

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 8:12 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I love this argument those people aren't alive anymore so I don't think my not getting the vaccine will help them. If I decide to get the vaccine it will be based on the safety of the VACCINE itself. And based on if I'm in any danger of dying from covid. And the answer for me is no to both so I won't get it. If for YOU the vaccine is safe kol hakovod go for it! But don't say everyone should get it why should we hurt ourselves? Because covid was dangerous to all those who died? Yes its very sad. And yes it was very scary but right now if it will hurt me sorry but I won't do it. Please don't hate me for that we need moshiach

How do you know that you’re in no danger from covid?

I really hope you’re right. For all yiddin and all people around the world. I hope we never have another covid death.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 9:35 am
GetReal wrote:

I really hope you’re right. For all yiddin and all people around the world. I hope we never have another covid death.

I feel like the risk for people who have recovered to get it again is very low….
And AMEN!!!

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 3:40 pm
GetReal wrote:

I did my research... unlike some people

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 1:25 pm
I know of one person who had a very bad accute reaction to the first vaccine dose, but no long-term consequences.

I know 4 people who died of covid (not direct relations, but 2 close relatives of friends, my sister-in-law's FIL, and a local business owner's spouse).

amother
Strawberry

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 12:56 am
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
HE DECIDED TO GET A VACCINE BOOSTER, AND THEN HE DIED

http://www.rationalistjudaism.......html

you realize that this was someone who they state was healthy. and that he was scheduled for a BOOSTER. which means he ALREADY got the vaccine. not that day, but there is definitely the possibility that this guy DID die from the vaccine, from his FIRST vaccine that he got a few weeks earlier... which may have caused heart inflammation which caused him to die during playing tennis for example.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
you realize that this was someone who they state was healthy. and that he was scheduled for a BOOSTER. which means he ALREADY got the vaccine. not that day, but there is definitely the possibility that this guy DID die from the vaccine, from his FIRST vaccine that he got a few weeks earlier... which may have caused heart inflammation which caused him to die during playing tennis for example.

Excellent point, Strawberry.

A healthy VACCINATED person drops dead.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:09 am
I know people who died from COVID and people who have long-term effects of COVID.

I also know one person (the secretary of my boys' school) who is paralyzed from the waist down since getting her 3rd vaccine. She's in her 50s and had just married off her 3rd (out of 5) child one week prior. We are still hoping for a complete recovery. It's been about 3 weeks now.

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 11:40 pm
I know one who died of a heart attack within the week, one who can function for months already since they got it - extremely weak, no energy to walk, eat, and another who also has been very weak since and started having seizures…. And then three women who it affected their cycle. I know all these people personally and no one who died or had complications from actual covid
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics