Home

Best electronic treadmill on a budget?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 11:39 am
We're moving soon, and one of my top priorities is to get a treadmill. I need it for weight control, general health, and mental health.

What's the best option on a budget? I was told that price indicates how long it will last, but I'm not so sure. I don't need anything super fancy. I'll probably do straight walking, while my husband will run.

Suggestions please, as well as an idea of how to get it assembled properly.

TIA
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:23 pm
bump
Back to top

JoyInTheMorning




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:34 pm
I'm also looking to buy a treadmill. I don't think treadmills below $1K are very good. They just don't have the features you'll need if you're going to be using it regularly, and they won't last long.
The Sole F63 has been recommended to me. It is $1100. Consumer Reports rates Horizon 7.0 AT as a Best Buy. It is $1K.

Shipping and setup are a few hundred extra. It's cheaper if you install it yourself, but I would rather have it configured by experts.
Back to top

Simple1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:35 pm
We got this and it seems to works nicely. I have no idea how long it will last as we just got it a few weeks ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
Some reviews said it's not accurate. But you can buy a fit bit if that's important for you. It is also on the smaller side, but that can be a plus if you don't have much room for it. Dh is big and is totally ok with the size.

My husband assembled it himself.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:44 pm
Simple1 wrote:
We got this and it seems to works nicely. I have no idea how long it will last as we just got it a few weeks ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
Some reviews said it's not accurate. But you can buy a fit bit if that's important for you. It is also on the smaller side, but that can be a plus if you don't have much room for it. Dh is big and is totally ok with the size.

My husband assembled it himself.


Thanks for your response. Would it be possible for my husband to run, though? He's 5'11" but has a long stride for his height.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:45 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I'm also looking to buy a treadmill. I don't think treadmills below $1K are very good. They just don't have the features you'll need if you're going to be using it regularly, and they won't last long.
The Sole F63 has been recommended to me. It is $1100. Consumer Reports rates Horizon 7.0 AT as a Best Buy. It is $1K.

Shipping and setup are a few hundred extra. It's cheaper if you install it yourself, but I would rather have it configured by experts.


I guess it depends what your needs are. I'm just looking to walk at about 4mph for 2 miles every day. DH will probably do some more running, but I still don't think we need anything major. I don't have the budget for one over $1K.
Back to top

JoyInTheMorning




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:52 pm
I have read that most people need 60 inches in order to run comfortably. If you are okay with just walking, 51 inches -- as in the model that Simple1 linked to -- should be enough.

I don't like the idea of spending $1K+ either, but I've also wasted enough money on bargains that I don't wind up using, so I am going to go with one of the two options I listed.
Back to top

JoyInTheMorning




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:54 pm
Walking at 4 mph should be fine. I've also read that jogging is fine. It's the longer stride running that could be hard on a 51 inch track.

It's totally understandable that $1K+ is out of budget. (I've been there. I waited for a long time to buy this treadmill.) It's just good to know what features you're getting and what you're not getting.


Last edited by JoyInTheMorning on Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Simple1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your response. Would it be possible for my husband to run, though? He's 5'11" but has a long stride for his height.


Not sure what you mean by long stride, but my husband is taller than that.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:01 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I have read that most people need 60 inches in order to run comfortably. If you are okay with just walking, 51 inches -- as in the model that Simple1 linked to -- should be enough.

I don't like the idea of spending $1K+ either, but I've also wasted enough money on bargains that I don't wind up using, so I am going to go with one of the two options I listed.


Are there treadmills that are 60 inches and also economical?
Back to top

JoyInTheMorning




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are there treadmills that are 60 inches and also economical?


I Googled for a few minutes but didn't find anything. But I don't know if that means anything. Maybe I am being the fool for going for a more expensive model (but I also want a relatively steep incline because I'm interested in training for hiking on hilly terrain, so it kind of makes sense for me). Maybe the less expensive option makes sense for you guys, especially if you can afford it now. I would suggest reading through the reviews on Amazon carefully. And then Google the model and see if you can find out more about it. Then see if you can find some sort of group online that discusses treadmills. Just try to find a few people who have treadmills whose tall/tallish husbands run.

And most important -- can you get to a sporting goods store and have your husband try running on treadmills with shorter and longer decks? That would give your husband a good idea of what the experience would be like.

Good luck with this.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 5:29 pm
We bought a Sole F63 years ago after reading that you get what you pay for and cheaper models don't hold up as well (compare the warranties). I wish I could say that I've used it as much I intended, but it's B"H been extremely durable and I have no regrets about spending the extra money to get something well-made.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Women's Health -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where can I get an electronic tag removed from a coat?
by amother
7 Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:40 pm View last post
Baby gift 150$ budget
by amother
14 Thu, Sep 30 2021, 9:42 pm View last post
ISO budget spreadsheet or worksheet
by amother
5 Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:34 pm View last post
Diy meat board on a budget 10 Thu, Sep 23 2021, 1:14 pm View last post
What is reasonable food budget for this family makeup
by amother
12 Thu, Sep 23 2021, 11:55 am View last post