Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What can a woman do to be zoche to children who learn torah?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:23 am
all sources appreciated

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:30 am
Daven.
Be machshiv Torah.
If one's husband isn't the best model for being machshiv Torah DO NOT belittle him. Show respect. Sholom bayis and kids respecting their parents for all the good reasons there are out there besides learning Torah is part and parcel of this Torah one passionately want one's children to learn.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:40 am
Light olive oil for shabbos candles

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:19 am
Davven. Especially by candle lighting.

Dress tzinius.

Be very proud and excited about sons learning א-ב. חומש משניות. גמרא

Last edited by #BestBubby on Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:20 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Light olive oil for shabbos candles
Why specifically this?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:20 am
During intimacy, think about how much you love dh

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:25 am
Model a love of Torah and love of learning.

Whether you learn from a Sefer at home, go to shuiring or read Aish articles. Approach it with joy and eagerly share with your family what you learned.

When my oldest was in kindergarten, the principal(Rabbi Hagler) gave a lecture on parenting. He said your home is not a place for modesty, it is a place for chinuch. If you by a homeless man a sandwich on your way to the subway, tell your children about it. If you help someone cross the street, understand a math concept, drive them to an appointment, overtip a manicurist, thank a cashier…. Share it with your children. Do it in a way that they are on the inside and know not to advertise to others, but whatever you value and want them to do, model and talk about.

happy chick

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:26 am
All these things are very nice. But bottom line is , children learn by example. If they see you (and your husband) putting time and effort (in your super busy day) to daven/say tehillim/learn/whatever your hishtadlus may be, they will too.
Same goes for respect. If your children see you honoring and respecting your parents/grandparents (even when it's difficult), they will too.
Wishing you much nachas from all your children and they should always go in the Torahs ways.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:28 am
Learn with them.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:50 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Why specifically this?

I think it is written somewhere (kabbalah?) as a segulah for sons Talmudei Chachomim.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Model a love of Torah and love of learning.

Whether you learn from a Sefer at home, go to shuiring or read Aish articles. Approach it with joy and eagerly share with your family what you learned.

When my oldest was in kindergarten, the principal(Rabbi Hagler) gave a lecture on parenting. He said your home is not a place for modesty, it is a place for chinuch. If you by a homeless man a sandwich on your way to the subway, tell your children about it. If you help someone cross the street, understand a math concept, drive them to an appointment, overtip a manicurist, thank a cashier…. Share it with your children. Do it in a way that they are on the inside and know not to advertise to others, but whatever you value and want them to do, model and talk about.

So intrigued, who gave me a hug?
Do they think I am in need of support and love or do they disagree with modeling behavior you want you children to exhibit?
Maybe they are just unaware or how you can share this without being a braggart and teach your children modesty and discretion at the same time.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:03 pm
Say birchas Hatorah with kavana. No source needed:)

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:10 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:

I learnt tha t you should think of rabbonim that are not alive, I start with avrohom and go down the chain. I also think of DH😊. Another thing to think is Alef beis. All these things are known to give you erliche children.
And I forgot an important one dressing beautifully for your husband that it arouses him is also promised good children.

ssspectacular

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:15 pm
Honor Talmidei Chachamim. This will lead to having children who are Bnei Torah.
(I don't remember the source-maybe it's a Gemara)

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:

Yup.
ברבות התאווה יהיו הבנים צדיקים
(Sefer chassidim) -it isn’t onky for chassidim by the way.

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:50 pm
Concentrate on Birchas HaTorah because that is literally one of the brachos--"v'haarev na...es divrei sorasecha...tze'etzaenu...v'lomdei sorasecha l'shma"

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:54 pm
It’s brought down in Gemara that if you’re careful with covering your hair it’s a zechus for holy children. Forgot what the story was called

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:02 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
It’s brought down in Gemara that if you’re careful with covering your hair it’s a zechus for holy children. Forgot what the story was called

It's the story of Kimchit who was zocheh to 7 kohein-gadol. I think her situation is still considered "yotzei min haklal" for those of us who will never be kohanim, but there is a source that covering your hair is a segula for children to have yiras shomayim.

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
So intrigued, who gave me a hug?
Do they think I am in need of support and love or do they disagree with modeling behavior you want you children to exhibit?
Maybe they are just unaware or how you can share this without being a braggart and teach your children modesty and discretion at the same time.

Perhaps that person really loved your post. That’s a heart after all. Not everyone uses it in a passive aggressive way.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:10 pm
Being tznius is the biggest segulah
Particularly the mitzvah of hair covering- doing it the most modestly
I have countless letters from Gedolim about how those women that wear tichels/hats will be zoche to children that are huge talmidei chachamin and yirei shamayim
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics