Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do your kids wear robes?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Do you/your kids/most people wear shabbos robes?
Yes- tri state  
 60%  [ 154 ]
Yes- not tri state  
 15%  [ 39 ]
No  
 18%  [ 48 ]
Some do but not most  
 4%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 253

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:11 pm
I love shobbos robes for me and kids:

comfortable

Can sleep in them so dont need to change kids into pjs in middle if seudah.

washable

pretty

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Shabbos robes all the way.
By the time licht bentchen comes, I'm so tired I want my comfy beautiful robe. Who can get dressed at that point?
And my girls too. As soon as they're out of the shower, they get into their robes and are ready for shabbos. *With tights.*
I found them beautiful "robes" on shein for like $10 around pesach time and they're still in great condition.
Mine are more like $75.

Why do they wear tights if it’s a long robe?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:

Some people always wear tights, even under a long robe.
I sometimes make my girls put on tights under their robe, they don't always stay tzenuis when playing outside or doing their gymnastics moves.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 12:30 pm

My daughters wear tights until they learn to always keep their knees covered.

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:05 pm
zaq wrote:
A Models Coat is a brand name housecoat. https://www.shopnational.com/models-coat-v1
It is what you wear while you put on your makeup or while you make breakfast for the kids, before you get dressed to go out. It's nothing like what people call a Shabbos robe.

Wow they are still selling those? You can't find them in a local store anymore, even bubbies who still want to wear them

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:10 pm

We just always wear tights. It would feel strange to wear anything else. Although not too long ago women wore thigh highs with a garter belt and some old timers still wear that today.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:29 pm
I just bought a velour two piece from Fame. My husband, from an MO background, told me he loves it and I look so regal. It’s comfy, nursing friendly and feels so nice.

Another mom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:39 pm
benny wrote:
My kids wear Friday night after their bath. It’s easy wear, beautiful, don’t need tights, doesn’t need ironing, they can sleep in it, throw in the wash and hang to dry. Done.
Shabbos morning they get dressed in their regular shabbos clothes which may be more delicate and take more care.

I guess they don't go out then? Here (Israel) kids go to shul or play outside during shul time

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:42 pm
Another mom wrote:
I guess they don't go out then? Here (Israel) kids go to shul or play outside during shul time

Kids play outside in their robes.

honey bunny

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:10 pm
Check out honeyshosiery.com
For the perfect morning robe, pretty lounger or super easy nursing gowns. Perfect for everyday morning rush or dress it up for shabbos! Beautiful slippers too!

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:13 pm
I don't have links but I have screenshots.
One is sold out. These aren't velour, they're thin and summery and my girls have worn them since Pesach. But they are both beautiful wintery colors.
My older one wore them also on shabbos in overnight camp. Some of her friends bought them after.
(They look nicer on my daughters than on the models, a bit more floor length.)

Thank you!! 👍

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:24 pm
I don't have links but I have screenshots.
One is sold out. These aren't velour, they're thin and summery and my girls have worn them since Pesach. But they are both beautiful wintery colors.
My older one wore them also on shabbos in overnight camp. Some of her friends bought them after.
(They look nicer on my daughters than on the models, a bit more floor length.)

These are just dresses, I really like the top one, the bottom does look a little robe-y to me. My daughters would wear the top dress to shul on Shabbat or YT. Are they considered robes because they’re too casual for shul in your community?
My kids never wear clothes that are too uncomfortable or that can’t be machine washed, I mean never. I can see how in a community where kids wear expensive fancy clothes in Shabbat and YT, they’d need more casual comfy clothes to wear at home. It’s just funny to me to call them robes. I guess I’m thinking of Shabbos robes my family members wore when I was a kid, there long velour type with a zipper do they could nurse.
My MIL and sisters in law all wear house dresses on Shabbat but they don’t come to the table like that. My MIL tried to get me to wear one too when I was a young bride but I could never see the need.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:26 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
We just always wear tights. It would feel strange to wear anything else. Although not too long ago women wore thigh highs with a garter belt and some old timers still wear that today.

Do they take the tights off before they go to bed?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:28 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
These are just dresses, I really like the top one, the bottom does look a little robe-y to me. My daughters would wear the top dress to shul on Shabbat or YT. Are they considered robes because they’re too casual for shul in your community?
My kids never wear clothes that are too uncomfortable or that can’t be machine washed, I mean never. I can see how in a community where kids wear expensive fancy clothes in Shabbat and YT, they’d need more casual comfy clothes to wear at home. It’s just funny to me to call them robes. I guess I’m thinking of Shabbos robes my family members wore when I was a kid, there long velour type with a zipper do they could nurse.
My MIL and sisters in law all wear house dresses on Shabbat but they don’t come to the table like that. My MIL tried to get me to wear one too when I was a young bride but I could never see the need.

The shein dresses really aren't the typical shabbos robes that kids wear. Someone posted a link upthread from the Lingerie Shop, those robes are more commonly worn.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:28 pm

Sure.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:32 pm

Yes. But we wouldn't walk around the house without tights.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:55 pm
dankbar wrote:
Wow they are still selling those? You can't find them in a local store anymore, even bubbies who still want to wear them

My non Chassidish mom wears these around the house all the time

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
The shein dresses really aren't the typical shabbos robes that kids wear. Someone posted a link upthread from the Lingerie Shop, those robes are more commonly worn.

True they aren't typical. I'm not someone that goes to buy exactly what everyone else has.
These look like robes more than a dress and when I saw them I knew they'd work. And they did.
Some of my daughter's friends asked their mothers to buy them, because they're so comfortable and pretty.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:56 pm
I know a chasidish family that never ever wears robes . They say it's not shabbosdig and they get dressed every single week from mom down to all daughters and now the granddaughters too. The only exception is when they are a kimpeturin .

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:05 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
I know a chasidish family that never ever wears robes . They say it's not shabbosdig and they get dressed every single week from mom down to all daughters and now the granddaughters too. The only exception is when they are a kimpeturin .

I know afew families like this.
Shabbos robes aren't exclusively a chassidish thing. I live in a non chassidish area and most women and girls wear Shabbos robes, especially Friday night.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics