Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do your kids wear robes?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Do you/your kids/most people wear shabbos robes?
Yes- tri state  
 60%  [ 154 ]
Yes- not tri state  
 15%  [ 39 ]
No  
 18%  [ 48 ]
Some do but not most  
 4%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 253

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:30 pm
If a garment is set aside for Shabbat,worn only on Shabbat, lichvod Shabbat, and is even marginally dressier, more attractive, more expensive or better quality than what its owner wears during the week, it's Shabbosdik for that person. If you live in jeans and T shirts with pictures of rock stars on them (and I don't mean famous diamonds or geologists), a denim skirt with a plain white T-shirt is Shabbosdik for you, never mind that your next-door neighbor not only wouldn't be caught cleaning her gutters wearing such things, but wouldn't be caught using them to clean her gutters WITH.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:57 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
These are just dresses, I really like the top one, the bottom does look a little robe-y to me. My daughters would wear the top dress to shul on Shabbat or YT. Are they considered robes because they’re too casual for shul in your community?
My kids never wear clothes that are too uncomfortable or that can’t be machine washed, I mean never. I can see how in a community where kids wear expensive fancy clothes in Shabbat and YT, they’d need more casual comfy clothes to wear at home. It’s just funny to me to call them robes. I guess I’m thinking of Shabbos robes my family members wore when I was a kid, there long velour type with a zipper do they could nurse.
My MIL and sisters in law all wear house dresses on Shabbat but they don’t come to the table like that. My MIL tried to get me to wear one too when I was a young bride but I could never see the need.
in some comunities if your uncomfortable your cool. otherwise your wearing a shmatah robe.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics