Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Losing friendships and social life because of vax status?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:20 pm
heidi wrote:
I totally understand and agree with unvaccinated adults being ostracized.
If they want to harm and potentially kill themselves that's their business.
But every single ecmo in at least one major Israeli hospital is being used by unvaccinated covid patients.
Which means vaccinated people who need ecmo for other reasons die.
If the unvaccinated can't be bothered to protect others I have no interest in associating with them.
In fact I'm boycotting a relative's simcha tomorrow bcz neither she nor her husband are vaccinated.

Well with your attitude, I'm sure she doesn't want you there either.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:21 pm
I don't see anyone who isn't vaccinated except outdoors or in limited situations where we are all masked.

Why should I risk the health of my family to accommodate people who I think are a menace?

My cleaning lady is fully vaccinated and I check the status of any workers who come into my home but even then I insist on a mask just to be safe.

Luckily I don't have people who aren't vaccinated in my social circles - actually lucky I don't have them in my life for a variety of reasons Very Happy

There are very few valid medical reasons for not getting the vaccine - it is pure ignorance that is fueling the anti-vaccination movement. And there are no valid religious reasons among Jews or any other mainstream religious group - not Protestants, not Catholics, not Muslims, not Buddhists and so on.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:22 pm
Very sad. Especially since covid spreads among vaccinated too.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:23 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Seems to me that you engaged in sinas chinam twice in this thread. The first was when you decided that people trying to protect themselves is sinas chinam...that was your first mistake.

Now,you just did it again, perhaps you should look within before accusing others of baseless hatred.

How is it not sinas chinam for a frum Jew to say that non vaxxed people don't deserve medical care and deserve to be ostracized and excluded? It's the epitome of sinas chinam.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:24 pm
heidi wrote:
I totally understand and agree with unvaccinated adults being ostracized.
If they want to harm and potentially kill themselves that's their business.
But every single ecmo in at least one major Israeli hospital is being used by unvaccinated covid patients.
Which means vaccinated people who need ecmo for other reasons die.
If the unvaccinated can't be bothered to protect others I have no interest in associating with them.
In fact I'm boycotting a relative's simcha tomorrow bcz neither she nor her husband are vaccinated.

So you admit that the vaccine doesnt protect you from getting covid so why do you want everyone else to take it? Either the vaccine protects you and you are safe regardless of what anyone else does or the vaccine doesnt protect you so no one should be forced to take it. You cant have it both ways.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:24 pm
If anyone is worried about their health due to unvaccinated people around them, just stay home.

Don't be nosy and ask others about their Vax status, if you're really that worried, there is a way for you to stay "safe" and if it's that important to you, you will stay home and guard your health.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Very sad. Especially since covid spreads among vaccinated too.

This isn't true. There are some breakthrough infections but they are either symptomless or very mild.

A very small number of vaccinated people are hospitalized and an even small number of them are in super critical intubated condition.

The morass of misinformation is just so depressing which is why I am glad that my actual family and friends are all rational and fully vaccinated so I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff in real life.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:26 pm
fleetwood wrote:
It's not rude. If I don't want to associate with you,that's my prerogative. If I'm nervous about diseases you may carry then I have a right to stay away from you . Btw, I'm not saying I act this way .but I do have every right to treat you this way if I'm nervous about my health.

Thank you.
We had many family members who were/ are immune suppressed and their healthy is a priority.
We asked many times - don’t rsvp to attend, and then not tell me but discuss with others publicly your non-vax status

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
If anyone is worried about their health due to unvaccinated people around them, just stay home.

Don't be nosy and ask others about their Vax status, if you're really that worried, there is a way for you to stay "safe" and if it's that important to you, you will stay home and guard your health.

If I am hosting an event, I am 100% entitled to restrict attendees to people who are taking health pre-cautions.
As someone said they don’t get together with friends if someone is unwell as that isn’t respectful - how is that any different for someone to show up unvaccinated if the host feels at risk

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
I don't see anyone who isn't vaccinated except outdoors or in limited situations where we are all masked.

Why should I risk the health of my family to accommodate people who I think are a menace?

My cleaning lady is fully vaccinated and I check the status of any workers who come into my home but even then I insist on a mask just to be safe.

Luckily I don't have people who aren't vaccinated in my social circles - actually lucky I don't have them in my life for a variety of reasons Very Happy

There are very few valid medical reasons for not getting the vaccine - it is pure ignorance that is fueling the anti-vaccination movement. And there are no valid religious reasons among Jews or any other mainstream religious group - not Protestants, not Catholics, not Muslims, not Buddhists and so on.

You are such a wonderful person! You're even call others a menace! Wow!

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Thank you.
We had many family members who were/ are immune suppressed and their healthy is a priority.
We asked many times - don’t rsvp to attend, and then not tell me but discuss with others publicly your non-vax status

Rather make a smaller event or an all mask event then risking conflict.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:35 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
This is one of the most unfortunate consequences of covid - simply because it's unnecessary.

I agree its unnecessary. Almost everyone can vaccinate easily now and avoid this.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
I don't blame her. No one has right to ask anyone about their vaccination status. Getting married isn't good enough reason to ask this question. Many people keep this information to themselves.

amother [ Sand ] wrote:
Rather make a smaller event or an all mask event then risking conflict.

Being that we asked multiple times, they had plenty of outs of saying that they can’t attend.
By saying that you will attend and telling mutual friends that you are not vaccinated —- the nonvaxwr is causing conflict

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:36 pm
Heidi and to all of those who have a strong feeling about separating oneself from the unvaccinated- serious question here
If I’m vaccinated but living with someone who wasn’t would you stay away from me?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:37 pm
I should add that these friends and relatives all have young kids so their kids and their friends kids are of course not vaccinated or recovered

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:39 pm
Also- very sad to see how divisive this topic is and how hurt when can all be, even on an anon forum.
I’m very depressed irl and so isolated (I’m a sahm) so these are real people with real feelings

amother
Hunter

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Heidi and to all of those who have a strong feeling about separating oneself from the unvaccinated- serious question here
If I’m vaccinated but living with someone who wasn’t would you stay away from me?

No I wouldn’t stay away from you.
You have protection - you can’t force your husband to get vaxed , I would be sad that you are in a situation where you aren’t as protected, but you are taking the appropriate steps to protect yourself and others

amother
Lemonchiffon

After we got vaccinated we started socializing like normal.

Since I became pregnant we are really cautious now. Whether or not people agree with us, when you say it’s because of pregnancy or “for the baby” somehow everyone is always super understanding.

My best friend isn’t vaccinated. We don’t talk about COVID much. I wouldn’t feel comfortable being around her indoors, but she recently moved further away as due to life and stuff it’s too busy for us to meet anyway.

Either way through out the pandemic she’s respected all my precautions even if she thought they were useless.

None of my relationships have been ruined by corona.

I just began to realize no matter what side you are on, most of us are just trying to get through this in one piece.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:40 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
I agree its unnecessary. Almost everyone can vaccinate easily now and avoid this.

Everyone is entitled to their decisions without being harassed or ostracized.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:41 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
It was rude to make different arrangements for unvaccinated people, it's non of your business. No wonder your friend doesn't think of you as a friend.

I don't think it's rude. I think it's smart, as she probably had at risk family members she wanted to protect such as an elderly grandparent (and who come first, before her friends, tbh).
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics