Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much did you pay for your dining room set?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:05 pm
We could really use a new one and I'm shocked at the prices. I wanted an upper end set and didn't realize the prices were so insane. Each chair $500+???

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:09 pm
I recently bought a dining room table solid wood from raymour and flanigan. Much cheaper than the similar sized tables in frum stores. I didn’t get chairs as I already had.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:10 pm
Recently paid $18K for 8 foot plus leaves with 8 chairs and a sideboard.

simcha2

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:10 pm
Bought out beautiful set on Craigslist from a divorcing couple ....

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:11 pm
12 k approx. yeah good quality chairs are expensive but last. Cheaper Chairs usually don’t last so long

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:27 pm
Beautiful (not in style. Dark wood) dining room table with leaves and 10 chairs, breakfront and side table...
Craigslist
Around $800

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:27 pm
I would never buy it at a frum store, the prices are astronomical..

lasagna

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:35 pm
Facebook marketplace beautiful set made by Ashley furniture. 6 chairs a table and breakfront for $150/200

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We could really use a new one and I'm shocked at the prices. I wanted an upper end set and didn't realize the prices were so insane. Each chair $500+???

If your looking in the Jewish furniture stores than yes. Those are the prices. But you can still get chairs for under $500- just may not be the ones that you specifically want.
Also everything went up recently.. So maybe what was once 350 is now 450 a chair..

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Agreed, I shopped around for new chairs for my mom, we wanted to gift her 14 chairs. Some of the local furniture places offered chairs over $1000 each. I don’t want to watch over my chairs that much even…..
I ended up getting from Taubus, they sometimes bring in good quality chairs in bulk and that lowers the cost as well as the shipping time.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:45 pm
12k for 10 or 12 ft (not sure exact size) table plus 650 per chair (14 chairs). This was 5 years ago. Could be decorator charged more and took a percentage for herself.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:11 pm
About 550 per chair for 12 chairs plus 6k for a 9.5ft table that opens to 12.5ft

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:12 pm
If you are open to getting a second hand set, you should follow Yad Shniya on WhatsApp. On average they have 2 or 3 sets listed for sale per day in the fridge state area - message them to be added to the chat (732) 820-7878

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:28 pm
12k for 8 chairs and a table. From a Jewish store. It’s super good quality and I got to customize it.
I’m obsessed 4 years later with it still

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
12k for 8 chairs and a table. From a Jewish store. It’s super good quality and I got to customize it.
I’m obsessed 4 years later with it still
Where did you get it from?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:48 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Where did you get it from?

TH interiors

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:26 pm
I need new chairs. I paid $300 for a used dining room set but the chairs are breaking one by one. I’m not picky on looks, just want the same basic style that will last longer than 3 years.

A neighbor recently posted that she was giving away chairs that would have fit perfectly but I called them too late…

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:31 pm
There are people who are giving away or selling for cheap furniture all the time. Sometimes it’s really old stuff or not in good condition but sometimes you find a winner. We purchased second hand from a couple that was moving overseas. We paid 2k for a beautiful set in brand new condition that came with the a table, 8 chairs, buffet, two narrow china closet type of things that go on either side of the buffet (not sure what this is called). This type of set costs 15k minimum brand new It’s dark wood and may not be the exact style that people want but hey it was worth it for me

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:50 pm
Bought at the accentuations by design warehouse sale a few years ago. 10 chairs 200 each. Table in like new condition 700.
Rest I bought online. Mirrored sidebar, curios

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 9:55 pm
wayfair
900 dollars for a 8 foot table and 8 velvet/wood chairs
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics