Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Reactions to vaccine

Mommy007

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:37 am
Hi...my 15 month old just got the MMR shot last week. He had fever 3 days later and my doctor said its totally normal. Yesterday I noticed he was getting a rash on his chest and stomach and my doctor also said thats completely normal and it should last for about 1-2 days. This morning I see its getting worse-which my doc told me could happen.
Anyone else have these kind of reactions? I want to know I am not the only one. Thanks.

Ima2

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:42 am
Never had those reactions in my kids, but dr's IMO sometimes brush things off like this as mere reactions to vaccines as normal. Maybe it is...you could go online and check to see yourself if it is normal. Plus, if it makes you feel better, just call up and make an appt to come in and see a dr. Why would they care? Good luck!

chaylizi

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:02 am
there are fact sheets on every vaccine administered that are supposed to be given to the parent before the shot. They should state what are "normal" reactions to the vaccine & reactions that need to be reported right away. in addition there is a site www.vaers.hhs.gov. It stands for the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System & the information that you are looking for should be there. They are required by law to report every reaction to the vaccine to this system. There are faqs on the site as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics