Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 10:46 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
[quote="amother [ Puce

?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:16 am
Were you ready to eat breakfast the 1/2 of waking up?
Found it too early for a heavy meal. I start the day with a snack and then eat breakfast and no snack before lunch.

As a side note you're only allowed to have rice milk

No, I ate after an hour at least, but that's because I was busy getting my kids off to school and dealing with assorted emergencies.
Thanks. I realized afterwards that the almond milk was probably not OK. I only had a drop so I hope it was okay.

As an aside, I felt awful last night. I woke up with a horrible migraine and tossed and turned for hours before throwing up.
I don't know if it's because I was tired from the weekend or of it had to do with the drastic change in diet, sugar withdrawal and such. Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Link?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0307.....V149K

torquoise

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who knows? I dated for about 2 weeks and had an 8 week engagement.
The point is that it can bezH happen sooner than later and I would rather not show up to my daughter's wedding in an oversized gown. Unlike lots of other things in this world, losing weight takes TIME. You can't really rush it. Thinking this way gets me motivated to get on the wagon NOW.

I completely relate to this end-goal way of thinking. Good for you! I think what makes me peter out is that there's never an end to a diet. (In real life there actually isn't, but I need checkpoints. Something to look forward to.)
But op, what's your game plan if by some tiny slim chance you're daughter is not getting married in January? Can you replace that with something else to look forward to? A vacation? Family pictures? You are doing some really hard work, and deserve a reward to look forward to.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't know if it's because I was tired from the weekend or of it had to do with the drastic change in diet, sugar withdrawal and such. Sad

It's interesting that you are saying this because from my initial research, phase 1 of this diet is highly glycemic, the fruits and the carby veggies, and grains... My body would not do well with this.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:27 am
im in. I wish us all luck. went running today and had a sportsession yesterday.
I try to eat healthy (not the 28 day plan, but similar). I wish I could loose 8-9 pounds in 28 days.

im desperate. its just a start, but I have to set small goals.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:58 am
I felt very sick in this diet. I was nauseous and vomiting…
The first day is very high in carbs, the second phase no carbs at all… it was too drastic for my body to handle.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I felt very sick in this diet. I was nauseous and vomiting…
The first day is very high in carbs, the second phase no carbs at all… it was too drastic for my body to handle.

How long did you stick with it?

Now that I think of it, there were other times that I went cold turkey on the sugar and flour, and I got a migraine. But I think by day 2, it gets better.

I'm feeling much better today. Still have a bit of the "aura" but not too bad.

(Also, I usually tend to go crazy on the junk a few days before I know I'm starting a diet. And boy did I overdo the junk these past few days. So that might have made it worse. )

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 11:43 am
torquoise wrote:
I completely relate to this end-goal way of thinking. Good for you! I think what makes me peter out is that there's never an end to a diet. (In real life there actually isn't, but I need checkpoints. Something to look forward to.)
But op, what's your game plan if by some tiny slim chance you're daughter is not getting married in January? Can you replace that with something else to look forward to? A vacation? Family pictures? You are doing some really hard work, and deserve a reward to look forward to.

I don't really need a game plan if my daughter doesn't end up getting engaged in the next few weeks. The reward is getting rid of all this extra weight! Hopefully whenever she does get engaged, I will look and feel better about myself than I do now.

When she gets engaged is not up to me. But taking charge of my health is, in large part, up to me.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Now that I think of it, there were other times that I went cold turkey on the sugar and flour, and I got a migraine. But I think by day 2, it gets better.

(Also, I usually tend to go crazy on the junk a few days before I know I'm starting a diet. And boy did I overdo the junk these past few days. So that might have made it worse. )

I stuck to it for 3 days. It just wasn’t worth it for me.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OK, so this is how it all went down today.

DAY 1:
Starting weight: 198.4

As I said, I didn't get a chance to read the book before today, as I was only able to pick it up from the library today. But I didn't want to push off starting this diet. So I did the best I could with the food I had at home.

I didn't realize until midday that there were specific portion sizes, so I just ate until I was full. I was a bit hungry but I think that's because I allowed too much time between meals. You are supposed to eat every 3-4 hours.

It's hard to say how I am feeling so far on the plan, because I have been traveling so I'm exhausted due to that. That being said, here is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
Old fashioned Oats with a drop of almond milk
Frozen strawberries (I cup)

Snack: orange

Lunch: salad of a can of tuna in water,
Iceberg lettuce*, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Rice cake thins.
One apple.

Snack: apple

Dinner: grilled chicken breasts with quinoa. Tomatoes and cucumbers.

*I realized afterwards that all lettuce is allowed EXCEPT for iceberg.

I did not reach my water goal which is 99 oz.
I drank about 60 oz, which is more than usual, but I hope to increase my water intake.

Now I'm going to read the book so I am better prepared for tomorrow.

I'm thinking about starting this diet, but nothing here seems so crazy to me!
On a regualar day, I eat oatmeal, fruits, tuna or salmon salad, rice cakes, more fruits, and chicken and veggie for supper.
(I do eat dairy, though and too much chocolate lol)

Why does this diet have a name for being so difficult? Does it get worse?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
I'm thinking about starting this diet, but nothing here seems so crazy to me!
On a regualar day, I eat oatmeal, fruits, tuna or salmon salad, rice cakes, more fruits, and chicken and veggie for supper.
(I do eat dairy, though and too much chocolate lol)

Why does this diet have a name for being so difficult? Does it get worse?

You have to stay off a whole list of things including wheat, sugar substitutes and coffee.
Also, you have different rules for different days. So you have to keep track of what phase you are in.
Most diets have you on the same plan every day.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 5:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The last supper before a diet! Oh boy I have done that too! Lots of luck OP!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:17 pm
DAY 2

We are still in phase one so the menu is basically the same as yesterday.

Breakfast: rolled oats with 1 cup strawberries

Lunch: tuna with romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. I did not add any mayo or fat, just spices and it was still pretty good.
Rice cake thins.

Dinner: grilled chicken
Vegetable soup

I was supposed to have a carb for dinner but I was too lazy to cook up some rice. However I had a few bowls of vegetable soup which really filled me up.

I fell way short of my water goals. Tomorrow is another day, I'll try to be better then.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:25 pm
So tomorrow and Thursday is phase 2.
This is a very high protein, high vegetable, low carb and low fat phase.

This is what the menu is supposed to look like:
Breakfast: protein and veggie
Snack: protein
Lunch: protein and veggie
Dinner: protein and veggie

No fruit or grains, no added fat.
For protein you can have fish, beef, deli and egg whites. (I'm really mad about that as Eggs are one of my favorite foods, and just whites doesn't cut it.)
There is a long list of veggies but I noticed NO TOMATOES in this phase Mad

However, you CAN eat pickles 😋

(I have a feeling this will be my least favorite phase.)

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So tomorrow and Thursday is phase 2.
This is a very high protein, high vegetable, low carb and low fat phase.

This is what the menu is supposed to look like:
Breakfast: protein and veggie
Lunch: protein and veggie
Dinner: protein and veggie

No fruit or grains, no added fat.
For protein you can have fish, beef, deli and egg whites. (I'm really mad about that as Eggs are one of my favorite foods, and just whites doesn't cut it.)
There is a long list of veggies but I noticed NO TOMATOES in this phase Mad

However, you CAN eat pickles 😋

(I have a feeling this will be my least favorite phase.)

Phase 2 is indeed the least favorite and can't wait for the 2 days to pass.

I eat all kind of pickles including sour pickles which adds a little taste to having no tomatoes.

I do eat the yolks even they say not to but my breakfast is usually a tray of lox which is listed as one of the proteins.

No need to cook up rice for dinner. You can enjoy rice cake instead.

Be prepared that you might feel hungry on phase 2.
I worked around the phases so I have bigger variety and allowed to eat more on shabbos.
I do
phase 1: Sunday-monday
Phase 2: Tuesday-wednesday
Phase 3: Thursday-Friday-shabbos

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:07 pm

I do eat the yolks even they say not to but my breakfast is usually a tray of lox which is listed as one of the proteins.

I worked around the phases so I have bigger variety and allowed to eat more on shabbos.
I do

According to my schedule I will be on phase three on Shabbos as well. I don't get how you have a bigger variety your way?

Lox is a great idea! I didn't think of that.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:16 pm
Phase 2 is indeed the least favorite and can't wait for the 2 days to pass.

I eat all kind of pickles including sour pickles which adds a little taste to having no tomatoes.

No need to cook up rice for dinner. You can enjoy rice cake instead.

Be prepared that you might feel hungry on phase 2.
I do

I also work the days and phases this way.
Also on phase 1, you can have a sweet potato for supper.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I also work the days and phases this way.
Also on phase 1, you can have a sweet potato for supper.

In phase 3 you can also enjoy sweet potato for supper

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to my schedule I will be on phase three on Shabbos as well. I don't get how you have a bigger variety your way?

Lox is a great idea! I didn't think of that.

Phase 3 is to unleash your metabolism.

I find that being sunday on phase 1 means you eating less then phase 3.
It's me and many of my relatives who work the phases this way.
If the other way around works with you then keep going...
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise