Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I won’t be able to go to my daughters chanuka workshop
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:12 pm
Because I’m not vaccinated. This makes me so so sad. My daughter had to miss out having her mom there because my doctor told me I should hold off on vaccinating. They also want everyone to wear masks, so why does it make a difference if people are vaccinated or bot? I’m so sad for my daughter right now :-(

*this is not a pro/anti vaccination post, it’s just a vent because I’m sad. I’d like to remain anonymous, so please don’t turn this into a thread that will get moved to a different forum which may not be anonymous enabled.

mindyme

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:19 pm
Oy so hard Sad Hug Hug
Did you ask the school if you can be exempted for this medical reason?
Do you have a vaccinated relative or close friend who can go in your place so your daughter will have someone there at least?

hodeez

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:33 pm
I'm so sorry I would be so upset :/

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:52 pm
Is there anything they would accept in place of vaccination?? Doctors note, negative pcr?

I would push them for an alternative.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:04 pm
So easy to get a vaccination card!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:06 pm
So sad. People have literally lost the ability to think. What would it make any difference if you got a negative covid test the day before? And let's not discuss how the kids are probably not vaccinated either.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:

Really? To lie about it??

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:22 pm
Quote:
I have heard in the name of a certain Rosh Yeshiva who is know for his ehrlichkeit that since the mandates make NO SENSE (e.g. being recovered you probably have better immunity than the vaccinated) it is okay to get a card by any means. One assumes that is only where it's not easily detected of course.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:31 pm
This is so cruel. Is there any way they could at least set you up on zoom so that you see your daughter and she can see you ?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:33 pm
This was a choice you made by sending your daughter to this school.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:34 pm
Wow I'd be fuming!

So sorry, there must be some way. I'd insist on another option. Your poor daughter Sad

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:37 pm
Would they accept a very recent negative PCR test?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:

Why in the world would I lie? That’s not how I want to be mechanech my children.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:44 pm
I’m on the phone with the school now, I asked if there’s any alternative. The nurse isn’t at her desk, she will call me back and let me know…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
This was a choice you made by sending your daughter to this school.

What? The school said nothing about vaccines for parents. Back to school night/orientation they weren’t required. Nothing was said about needing to be vaccinated for parent teacher conferences either….not sure where you got this idea from.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:02 pm
mindyme wrote:
Oy so hard Sad Hug Hug
Did you ask the school if you can be exempted for this medical reason?
Do you have a vaccinated relative or close friend who can go in your place so your daughter will have someone there at least?

Nope :-(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
So sad. People have literally lost the ability to think. What would it make any difference if you got a negative covid test the day before? And let's not discuss how the kids are probably not vaccinated either.

Of course they’re not vaccinated, there’s no vaccine for them!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What? The school said nothing about vaccines for parents. Back to school night/orientation they weren’t required. Nothing was said about needing to be vaccinated for parent teacher conferences either….not sure where you got this idea from.

Yet, they're making the parents and students wear maske even when fully vaccinated.]

Blessing1

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:04 pm
Oy, this is just cruel. And so not fair of a school to do, especially if you were told by a doctor to not get vaccinated. Maybe she shouldn't go to school that day.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Quote:
I have heard in the name of a certain Rosh Yeshiva who is know for his ehrlichkeit that since the mandates make NO SENSE (e.g. being recovered you probably have better immunity than the vaccinated) it is okay to get a card by any means. One assumes that is only where it's not easily detected of course.

I don’t know who this certain rosh yeshiva is, but I will not lie. Again, it’s not the way I want to be mechanech my children.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics