Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Upcoming kids vaccine- nauseous about what future will be
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:53 am
I’m having a physical reaction to the stress and pressure for the upcoming approval. I don’t want to vaccinate my kids (they had very mild covid) but there are so many repercussions in the community I am in.
We have been so isolated since this all started another barrier seems insurmountable
Any one else filled with dread?

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:58 am
Yes!!! My country is very gung ho on it they cant wait. I got vaxxed (even though I had covid, they dont care about previous infection or antibodies here, so dumb) so I could live - you are very limited here if you are not, including leaving the country. But my child had covid, has antibodies, and the vaccine works in a limited way. I wouldnt want to give it to her even if she hadnt had covid.
But I definitely see not having a choice, perhaps even for next school year. Or if we want to travel to see family.
I am davening that Covid disappears and this will all be a moot point.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:58 am
Many won't vaccinate their children even if it becomes mandatory.

I know a few in the medical field who have taken the vaccine for themselves but will not give it to their children.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 9:59 am
I live in NY and am super fearful that the new mayor will impose mandates on the children. I absolutely will not give my children a vaccine with unknown long term effects for a virus that barely effects them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 10:01 am
Thanks guys- glad I’m not alone!
I’m in Canada bye- no acknowledgment of natural immunity here.
Very strict covid policies. I’m not anti vax! I took the vaccine myself and give my kids all the scheduled vaccinations but this one just doesn’t sit well with me

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 10:54 am
Idk if true, but I saw a pic of a bus with an ad on it, it was uk I think, said "kids have strokes too, know the signs".

And heard Pfizer got a new drug, blood thinner for young children.

There is a huge line in the sand when it comes to children. Maybe enough people will will push hard and refuse at all costs.

Risk of death to the 5-11 age bracket from covid is 0.000%.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Very strict covid policies. I’m not anti vax! I took the vaccine myself and give my kids all the scheduled vaccinations but this one just doesn’t sit well with me

It doesn't matter anymore. All the arguments of the old anti vaxxers and new ones are exactly the same.

"It doesn't sit well with me"
"I don't trust those pushing it"
"I'm worried about the side effects"
"The actual sickness is not so bad"

You sound to the doctor just as delusional. Enjoy 2022 honeys.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:12 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
It doesn't matter anymore. All the arguments of the old anti vaxxers and new ones are exactly the same.

I’m not sure that is true- unless you are stating your opinion which I’m not clear about from the message.
Vaccinations for Measles, mumps and Rubella have been around for a very long time and have been proven safe and effective.
If my child has measles or rubella and recovered from it I don’t know how quick I would be to vaccinate them against it. In my opinion not the same things because 100s of thousands of people aren’t getting measles,
Mumps etc nowadays

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:42 am
You're right I forgot:

"There are no (good) long term studies."

It's all the same dialect.

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not sure that is true- unless you are stating your opinion which I’m not clear about from the message.
Vaccinations for Measles, mumps and Rubella have been around for a very long time and have been proven safe and effective.
If my child has measles or rubella and recovered from it I don’t know how quick I would be to vaccinate them against it. In my opinion not the same things because 100s of thousands of people aren’t getting measles,
Mumps etc nowadays

Can someone please explain to me why all of a sudden its ok to be anti vax now?

have you looked at a vaccine insert for any of the multitude shots they inject your perfectly healthy baby with?

now with this new covid vaccine and mandate maybe parents will wake up and educate themselves about what goes into these shots.

and just so you know, people have no issue calling anti vaxxers such horrid names, but you'll never see an anti vaxxer call someone who is hesitant about this covid shot any names...

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m having a physical reaction to the stress and pressure for the upcoming approval. I don’t want to vaccinate my kids (they had very mild covid) but there are so many repercussions in the community I am in.
We have been so isolated since this all started another barrier seems insurmountable
Any one else filled with dread?

Two choices. Go with it and believe Hashem will protect your children from any associated issues OR pull your kids out of school and homeschool if necessary to avoid it -even if it has social repercussions. Whatever you do - don't be full of fear and stress. Doesn't help your kids and will make you sick for sure.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

There are some differences. It's true there are things in the other vaccines that are better off not in a person. But their long term effectiveness, their ability to actually prevent you from getting the disease or passing it on, how long it's protective for, plus the severity of the actual disease, all tip the cost/benefit ratio to benefit.

With this one, it's "none of the above". It's new (whatever one can say about it, reality is it's not even been 1 year since they started giving it, nevermind to kids), at best, works somewhat well in preventing disease. Mostly. Kind of., it mostly kind of prevents you from passing it, and it seems to wear off in a few months (maybe. If going by antibody levels is accurate. Which it may not be). Also Covid is NOT serious in kids. Although there are a few really sad stories, they are a humongous minority.

So no, I do not want to give it to my dd.
MAYBE MAYBE if it actually worked the way we expect a vaccine to work, I'd be more inclined. But not as is.

However, this may all be irrelevant. We (at least in Canada) may soon have no choice. Or the choice will not be one that is sustainable.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:09 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Many won't vaccinate their children even if it becomes mandatory.

I know a few in the medical field who have taken the vaccine for themselves but will not give it to their children.

Me!

The difference is, at my age and risk level, the virus is probably more dangerous for me than the shot.

For my children, the shot is definitely more risky than the virus, and if the shot works, it might get them hooked on having to take the shot every 6 months forever instead of getting natural immunity while they are low risk, that could potentially last a lifetime.

If your child is low risk, the vaccine is NOT in their best interest. The only reason it is being pushed is because the hope that vaccinating kids will slightly lower the spread of the virus to the high risk, so you are effectively harming your children for the potential benefit of the high risk.

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 6:32 am
I will make a bet with anyone who wants, of $18 to the tzedaka of your choice, that the current iteration of Covid vaccine will not become mandatory for children in any free country, within the next 5 years.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:56 am
Then move to a different community or see a therapist to help with the dread.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:02 am
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Me!

The difference is, at my age and risk level, the virus is probably more dangerous for me than the shot.

For my children, the shot is definitely more risky than the virus, and if the shot works, it might get them hooked on having to take the shot every 6 months forever instead of getting natural immunity while they are low risk, that could potentially last a lifetime.

If your child is low risk, the vaccine is NOT in their best interest. The only reason it is being pushed is because the hope that vaccinating kids will slightly lower the spread of the virus to the high risk, so you are effectively harming your children for the potential benefit of the high risk.

I dunno, in Israel 1 out of every 200 kids who got covid was hospitalized, and 1 in every 900 who got covid was hospitalzied with a moderate, serious, or critical case.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:03 am
imasinger wrote:
I will make a bet with anyone who wants, of $18 to the tzedaka of your choice, that the current iteration of Covid vaccine will not become mandatory for children in any free country, within the next 5 years.

The US doesn't mandate vaccines, it's up to the states.
I can totally see a state like California mandating it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:04 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
I dunno, in Israel 1 out of every 200 kids who got covid was hospitalized, and 1 in every 900 who got covid was hospitalzied with a moderate, serious, or critical case.

Could you please share your source?
The data in US is 1 in 100 000

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:05 am
imasinger wrote:

Yes it will in many US states. I hope many people take you up on the offer because you will lose the bet.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why all of a sudden its ok to be anti vax now?

have you looked at a vaccine insert for any of the multitude shots they inject your perfectly healthy baby with?

now with this new covid vaccine and mandate maybe parents will wake up and educate themselves about what goes into these shots.

and just so you know, people have no issue calling anti vaxxers such horrid names, but you'll never see an anti vaxxer call someone who is hesitant about this covid shot any names...

Anti-vaxxers don’t own vaccine hesitancy. Anyone, at any time, can be anti any vaccine.
Maybe you’ve been living under a rock, but covid hesitant imas have been called some pretty rotten things here. People on FB have said some awful things to.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics