Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is this trampoline safe?

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:19 pm
How do I know which trampoline is safe?
Looking at this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:22 pm
Trampolines are not safe except for the small toddler little tikes ones. Best way to know if it is up to safety standards is to ask a PT or see if it is regulated.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:24 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
How do I know which trampoline is safe?
Looking at this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

These articles have lots of info on how to choose a safe trampoline.
https://parentingpod.com/produ.....ines/

mindyme

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:30 pm
Aside from a trampoline that has no springs or has the springs covered, and has a zippered mesh around, safety rules which are enforced are the best way to make a trampoline safer. It may not make you or your kids popular, but will b"eh lessen the chance of an accident.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:40 pm
I don't know which is safe or not (get a net and make rules are the best solution I can think of) but this specific trampoline makes me nervous because of all the spelling errors in the pictures. If they can't spell and speak normal English, I'm not sure I trust them with my child's safety. I'm not trying to be racist of course but if they can't fix spelling errors, what quality is the trampoline? They are clearly an off brand and I wouldn't be so sure as to the quality of the trampoline.
No tomatoes please Wink

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:48 pm
Thanks everyone. I hear... so we have a kiddie one (little tikes I think) for a couple of years already, and I promised myself I will never get a big trampoline. But, the kids are getting bigger and they either ignore the trampoline (unless you count lounging, reading a book as trampoline play Wink ) or they try tricks that has my heart skipping beats, so they definitely need a bigger space to let that energy out ... short of buying a new master bed (because of course it’s the MOST fun jumping on Mommy or daddy’s bed or to & fro Can't Believe It ) what is the solution? A crash pad like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

Oh, and all the neighbors have trampolines so if I want to keep my no jumping on the trampoline rule I need an alternative... with winter coming up it’ll be less of an issue, but need something for indoor use if I want my walls to stay whole...

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:55 pm
Trampolines aren’t safe.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:59 pm
Trampolines aren't safe.

etky

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:51 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Trampolines aren’t safe.

Yup.
Safe trampoline is an oxymoron.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:54 pm
etky wrote:
Yup.
Safe trampoline is an oxymoron.

Got it.
So, can mommy’s with very active kids share a safe alternative for bouncing off excess energy?

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:08 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Got it.
So, can mommy’s with very active kids share a safe alternative for bouncing off excess energy?

If you're really set on a trampoline, there are ways to make it safer. But your kids aren't going to like that, because the big rules are (1) no kids under 6; and (2) one kid at a time.

https://thedoctorweighsin.com/.....fety/

There are plenty of ways for kids to run off their energy without a trampoline. In fact, I never met anyone with one as a kid, and only 1 or 2 families had them among my kids' friends (and we didn't allow our kids on them anyway).

Put up a basketball hoop. Obstacle course. Kickball, dodgeball, dance, martial arts, bike riding as a family. Hopper balls. Swing sets. Jump rope (whatever happened to jump rope?). Skip it/skip ball. Gymnastics.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:35 pm
Kangoo jump shoes
Pogo sticks
With helmet and wrist guards

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:35 pm
Kangoo yes excellent idea! Hopefully you have room for this or live in a warm climate

Amarante

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:41 pm
From the Mayo Clinic

Your worries about trampoline jumping are justified.

Trampoline jumping poses a high risk of injury for children. The activity can result in sprains and fractures in the arms or legs — as well as head and neck injuries. The risk of injury is so high that the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly discourages the use of trampolines at home. Trampoline park injuries also are on the rise.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:42 pm
I think the serious injuries are from people who mske summersaults in the air and land on their neck. mainly non jews do that gymnastic trick.

If you dont do that and have an enclosure I think it isas safe as bike riding.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:42 pm
Love this

Adults enjoy it too.

Much safer

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....aw.ds

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:44 pm
https://www.jumpflex.com/?gcli.....w_wcB

This is the one we got, and I love it. Fully enclosed, covered springs, sturdy with a high weight limit. I LOVE it!!!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:39 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Got it.

I have a little tikes trampoline for the little children. I have one high energy child who I got a punching ball, jumping ball, and some bean bags he can jump on. I also have a baby swing and regular swing on my porch.
I would love to get big foam pieces but they were very expensive.

gr82no

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I think the serious injuries are from people who mske summersaults in the air and land on their neck. mainly non jews do that gymnastic trick.

If you dont do that and have an enclosure I think it isas safe as bike riding.

Are you being serious right now? Y would only non Jews do such gymnastics?
I’ve seen plenty of Jews do somersaults.

Op do you mean you want to get a trampoline for indoor use? I wouldn’t recommend.
You can get jumprope or the step it up dance thing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics